Caleb McLaughlin is an American actor and singer. He began his career when he appeared in an opera called Lost in the Stars in Cooperstown, New York at the Glimerglass Opera House. He then played on the Broadway stage as Young Simba in the musical The Lion King. He plays Lucas Sinclair in the Netflix series Stranger Things. He is also famous for portraying the character of Ricky Bell in the miniseries The New Edition Story. In 2017, McLaughlin appeared in the BET miniseries The New Edition Story as young Ricky Bell.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Caleb McLaughlin was born on 13th of October 2001, in Carmel, New York, United States.
He is currently 18 years old.
New York City, New York, United States
Caleb attended Kent Primary School and later attended George Fischer Middle School for one year. He studied dance for a year at Happy Feet Dance School in Carmel, New York and then at The Harlem School of the Arts under Aubrey Lynch, former Lion King producer.
- Father – Corey McLaughlin Sr.
- Mother – April McLaughlin
- Siblings – Caitlyn McLaughlin (Sister), Corey McLaughlin Jr. (Older Brother), Crystal McLaughlin (Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Caleb McLaughlin has dated –
Caleb is relatively new to the spotlight, which makes it difficult to unearth information about his private life and he is probably too young to have a dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 35–12–27
- Chest – 35 in or 89 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 12 in or 30.5 cm
- Waist – 27 in or 68.5 cm
His shoe size is 7 (US).
Being cast in the role of Young Simba in the Broadway production of the musical, The Lion King and best known for playing the lead role of Lucas Sinclair in the Netflix’s science fiction series Stranger Things.
In 2012, Caleb McLaughlin first appeared in the short film Noah Dreams of Origami Fortunes. The same year, he was cast as Young Simba in the musical The Lion King.
In 2013, he made his first TV show appearance in a minor role in the Born Psychopath episode of legal and crime drama series, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
Caleb McLaughlin has appeared in a TV commercial for a clothing brand, Old Navy. He was cast alongside Ariana Grande and Jennette McCurdy in the commercial. In July 2017, he was roped in to launch a brand new toy line, Awesome Little Green Men.
Awards & Nominations
|2017||Young Artist Awards||Best Performance in a Digital TV Series or Film – Teen Actor||Stranger Things||Nominated|
|2017||Screen Actors Guild Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||Won|
|2017||BET Awards||YoungStars Award||Nominated|
|2018||NAACP Image Awards||Outstanding Performance by a Youth (Series, Special, Television Movie or Limited Series)||Won|
|2018||Screen Actors Guild Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||Nominated|
|2018||MTV Movie & TV Awards||Best On-Screen Team||Nominated|
|2019||Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards||Favorite Male TV Star||Nominated|
|2019||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Summer TV Actor||Nominated|
Caleb McLaughlin Favorites
- Favorite Superhero – Black Panther, Spiderman
- Favorite 80’s Movie – Stand by Me (1986)
- Favorite Destiny Game Characters – Titan, Warlock, Hunter
- Favorite Video Games – GTA V, NBA 2K, Destiny
Caleb McLaughlin Net worth
Caleb McLaughlin has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Caleb McLaughlin
- After completing his 5th grade, he moved to New York City for better acting coaching and opportunities.
- In 2012, Caleb McLaughlin first appeared in the short film Noah Dreams of Origami Fortunes. The same year, he was cast as Young Simba in the musical The Lion King.
- In 2016, the actor was cast as Lucas Sinclair in the Netflix series Stranger Things. That year, he also had small roles in the TV programs Shades of Blue and Blue Bloods.
- In 2017, McLaughlin played Ricky Bell in the miniseries The New Edition Story. The same year, he also did two music videos.
- In September 2017, he attended an event that was organized to raise awareness of lupus and to raise funds for the research to find a better cure for the disease.