Gaten Matarazzo is an American actor and singer. He began his career on the Broadway stage as Benjamin in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert and as Gavroche in Les Misérables. He currently stars as Dustin Henderson in the Netflix science-fiction drama series Stranger Things and is the lead singer the indie rock band, Work In Progress. He has also shared that he had been rejected from several acting roles for around two years owing to his disability. Gaten Matarazzo is active on social media platforms like twitter and Instagram.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Gaten Matarazzo was born on 8th of September 2002, in Little Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey, United States.
He is currently 17 years old.
Gaten is of Italian and English ancestry.
There isn’t much information regarding his education.
- Father – Gaten Matarazzo Sr.
- Mother – Heather Matarazzo
- Siblings – Sabrina Matarazzo (Sister) (Acted in Television commercials), Carmen Matarazzo (Brother) (Worked in TV commercials)
- Relatives – David A. Hendrickson (Maternal Grandfather), Sandra Martin (Maternal Grandmother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gaten Matarazzo has dated –
- Lizzy Yu (2018-Present) – In 2018, Gaten is assumed to have started dating Lizzy Yu who has done an acting course. Lizzy’s first loved up post with Gaten dates back to July 2018 when she titled Together again♥️. In May 2019, they went to prom together.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 59 kg
- In Pounds – 130 lbs
Playing Dustin Henderson in the supernatural horror Netflix series Stranger Things and is the lead singer the indie rock band, Work In Progress.
In 2015, Gaten guest appeared as Finn in the crime drama series The Blacklist.
Gaten has starred in the TV commercials for Old Navy (Clothing brand) & Bank of Montreal (BMO).
Awards & Nominations
|2017||Young Artist Awards||Best Performance in a Digital TV Series or Film – Teen Actor||Stranger Things||Nominated|
|2017||Screen Actors Guild Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||Won|
|2017||Shorty Awards||Best Actor||Won|
|2018||Screen Actors Guild Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||Nominated|
|2018||MTV Movie & TV Awards||Best On-Screen Team||Nominated|
|2019||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Summer TV Actor||Nominated|
Gaten Matarazzo Favorites
His favorite things are unknown.
Gaten Matarazzo Net worth
Gaten Matarazzo has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gaten Matarazzo
- Gaten Matarazzo began his career in the acting industry with Broadway performances at a young age.
- He suffers from a rare genetic condition called Cleidocranial Dysplasia, in which collar bones aren’t formed at birth and also affects the development of the skull, facial muscles and teeth.
- In 2011, he portrayed the character of Benjamin in the Broadway musical Priscilla, Queen of the Desert at the Palace Theatre.
- In 2014, he played the character Gavroche / Petit Gervais in Broadway musical Les Misérables which was staged at Imperial Theatre.
- He does not like to play sports but enjoys watching them.
- In November 2017, his sister also started a Facebook campaign to raise money for the organization.