Bristol Palin is an American public speaker and reality television personality. Palin competed in the fall 2010 season of Dancing with the Stars and reached the finals, finishing in third place. In summer 2011, Palin released a memoir, Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far. In summer 2012, she starred in the Lifetime show Bristol Palin: Life’s a Tripp. Her most recent television series was as a member of the fall 2012 all star cast of Dancing with the Stars‘s 15th season, where she was eliminated in the fourth week of competition.
Bristol Sheeran Marie Palin
Public Speaker, Reality Television Personality
Birthday / Date of Birth
Bristol Palin was born on 18 October 1990, in Wasilla, Alaska, United States.
She’s currently 28 years old.
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
She has Dutch and English ancestry on her father’s side. While, on her mother’s side, she is of German and Irish descent.
Palin was raised largely in Wasilla and attended Juneau-Douglas High School when her mother was governor of Alaska. During 2008, she briefly lived in Anchorage with her aunt and uncle where she attended West Anchorage High School. After returning to Wasilla, she attended and then graduated from Wasilla High School in May 2009.
- Father – Todd Palin (Oil field production operator, commercial fisherman and former first gentleman of Alaska)
- Mother – Sarah Palin (Politician, commentator, author and former Governor of Alaska)
- Siblings – Track Cj (Older Brother), Trig Paxson Van (Younger Brother), Willow Bianca Faye (Younger Sister), Piper Indi Grace (Younger Sister)
- Others – James F. Palin (Paternal Grandfather), Blanche Roberts (Paternal Grandmother), Charles Richard Heath (Maternal Grandfather), Sarah Sheeran (Maternal Grandmother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bristol Palin has dated –
- Levi Johnston (2007-2009) – Bristol started dating Levi Johnston in the freshman year of high school. They had exchanged promise rings for abstinence and after she lost it, she got her name tattooed on his finger. In December 2008, she gave birth to their son, Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston. In March 2009, they broke off their engagement. In November, she filed a child support and custody case in local Alaska court. In July 2010, it was announced that they had reunited and had got engaged once again. However, their second engagement didn’t last beyond three weeks. In June 2016, she filed a defamation lawsuit against him, citing non-disparagement clause.
- Johnny Chandler (2009) – In April 2009, Bristol was in a relationship with her school friend, Johnny Chandler. She was close to Johnny before she hooked up with Levi Johnston.
- Kyle Massey (2011) – Bristol started going out with rapper Kyle Massey at the start of 2011. Bristol had first met Kyle on the sets of the dance competition, Dancing with the Stars. They became close friends before developing an intense bond, which was witnessed in their public outings. In May, Bristol’s mother, who was looking to mount a challenge for 2012 US Presidential elections was displeased with their relationship. By the end of the year, their relationship had run its course.
- Dakota Meyer (2014-Present) – Palin started going out with former Marine Dakota Meyer in 2014 after having met him while shooting the documentary, Amazing America with her mother Sarah Palin in Alaska. In March 2015, she announced that she had got engaged to Dakota. In May, a week before their wedding, her mother announced that the wedding was off. In June, Bristol announced that she was pregnant. In December 2015, Bristol gave birth to couple’s first and her second child, a daughter – Sailor Grace Palin. In June 2016, they got married. In May 2017, she gave birth to her second daughter, Atlee Bay. On February 13, 2018, came the announcement that Meyer separated and had filed for divorce. On August 1, 2018, Palin confirmed that her divorce from Meyer was finalized.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 61 kg
- In Pounds – 135 lbs
- Measurements – 36-27-37
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 27 inches
- Hip – 37 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 8 (US).
Best Known For
- Being the daughter of high-profile Republican politician Sarah Palin’s daughter.
- Having twice participated in the reality dance show, Dancing with the Stars.
In a February 2009 episode, Bristol guest appeared on the talk show, On the Record w/ Brit Hume.
In 2010, Bristol Palin appeared in anti-teen pregnancy ad titled “Pause Before You Play” from Candie’s Foundation. The objective of the campaign was to encourage the use of contraceptives before having sexual intercourse.
Palin has been in the headlines on numerous occasions for making anti-gay and anti-gay-marriage comments which have often drawn intense criticism from defenders of LGBT rights:
- In September 2011, she got into an argument in a bar with a man who criticized her mother, Palin accused him of being a homosexual.
- In May 2012, she criticized Obama’s decision to support gay marriage.
- In December 2013, she spoke in defense of Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson following his anti-gay comments
Bristol Palin Favorites
Her favorite things are unknown.
Bristol Palin Net worth
Her total net worth is estimated at $1 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – bsmp2
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bristol Palin
- As her mother had mounted an unsuccessful campaign for US Vice President, her teenage pregnancy received widespread coverage, which led to her speaking about abstinence on national TV shows.
- In May 2009, Bristol was made Candie’s Foundation’s Teen Pregnancy Prevention Ambassador. It was a paid position, which involved attending town hall meetings and appearing on TV shows.
- In September 2009, she established BSMP, which is a public relations, lobbying and political consultancy firm. It was initially established to work with Candie’s Foundation but has expanded its range of clients over the years.
- In May 2010, the media reported that Palin had signed with the company Single Source Speakers, asking between $15,000 and $30,000 for each appearance.
- In the 11th season of Dancing with the Stars, she finished in the 3rd position. The show was accused of allowing fraudulent voting to help her achieve a high position.
- In November 2010, she made anti-gay comments on Facebook against an individual after he made negative comments about her mother’s TV show.
- In June 2011, she published her memoirs by the title of Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far, in which she spoke candidly about her teenage pregnancy and issues created by it.
- In January 2011, Palin was invited to speak by Washington University in St. Louis as the Keynote Speaker for ‘Abstinence in College’ at Sexual Responsibility Week. Students protested both the high fee she was to be paid out of student-generated funds and her lack of expertise on abstinence in college. Her appearance was cancelled.
- She has been a vocal critic of gay marriages and in May 2012, lashed out at then US President Barack Obama for supporting gay marriages.
- In September 2014, along with other Palin family members, she was involved in a brawl at a birthday party. She was reported to be intoxicated and had struck party host six times.
- In July 2018, Bristol was cast in Teen Mom OG after Farrah Abraham’s exit from the show.