Ashley Simpson is an American singer, songwriter and actress. The younger sister of singer and actress Jessica Simpson, she began her career as a back-up dancer for her sister and appeared in television commercials at the age of 15. She later pursued a career as an actress and had a recurring role on the family drama 7th Heaven.
Ashlee Nicole Simpson
Singer, Songwriter, Actress
Pop, Pop Rock
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ashlee Simpson was born on October 03, 1984, in Waco, Texas, United States.
She’s currently 34 years old.
Ashlee went to Prairie Creek Elementary School and Richardson North Junior High in Texas.
- Father – Joe Truett Simpson (Former psychologist and now Baptist youth minister)
- Mother – Tina Ann (née Drew) (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Jessica Simpson (Older Sister) (Singer, Actress)
Ashlee’s manager is her father, Joe Simpson
Boyfriends / Spouse
Ashlee Simpson has dated –
- Josh Henderson (2002-2003) – Ashlee dated actor Josh from January 2002 until mid-2003. Their relationship’s end was also featured on the premiere episode of the reality television show “The Ashlee Simpson Show”.
- Carson Daly (2003) – She dated briefly with actor Carson Daly from July to August 2003. They first met during Paul Schindler’s Central Park wedding in July 2003. Later in August, they were spotted kissing and holding hands.
- Gregory Smith (2003-2004) – Actor Gregory and Ashlee dated from November 2003 until February 2004.
- Tyler Hoechlin (2004) – The 6 ft tall actor Tyler Hoechlin dated Simpson in the first quarter of 2004.
- Nick Carter (2004) – She was rumored to be dating singer, dancer, and actor, Nick Carter, in 2004.
- Ryan Cabrera (2004-2005) – The musicians Ryan and Ashlee had fun dating each other for a year until early 2005.
- Wilmer Valderrama (2005) – During 2005, the two of these were rumored to be dating together. She also wrote a song titled “Boyfriend”, which was about her time with Wilmer. He also revealed during the Howard Stern‘s show that they both are good friends and she is also very loud in bed.
- Braxton Olita (2005-2006) – Ashlee and Olita, a member of her backing band dated started dating in end of 2005. They also went on a 10-day Hawaii vacation. The duo separated in mid-2006.
- Pete Wentz (2006-2011) – American musician and bassist for the band “Fall Out Boy”, Pete Wentz started dating Ashlee in August of 2006. Though Ashlee denied of her dating with Peter in the starting but later decided to take it public when she announced her engagement in April 2008 and soon on May 17, 2008, married him at her parents’ residence in Encino, California. She gave birth to a boy, named Bronx Mowgli Wentz (b. November 20, 2008). The couple separated in February 2011 and divorce was filed, which was finalized on November 22, 2011.
- Craig Owens (2011) – After separating from Peter, she was rumored to be dating with musician Craig Owens for three months from April to June 2011.
- Vincent Piazza (2011-2012) – This time she was seen with Boardwalk Empire star Vincent Piazza getting cozy in June 2011. The relationship went pretty long until November 2012.
- Evan Ross (2013-Present) – On June 30, 2013, Ashlee commenced dating another actor Evan Ross. They turned their dating into engagement in January 2014. This relationship got even stronger after they married on August 30, 2014, at Evan Ross’s mother’s estate in Connecticut. In July 2015, the couple had their first child together, daughter Jagger Snow.
- In feet – 5 feet 4½ inches
- In centimeters – 164 cm
- In meters – 1.64 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 124 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Being a younger sister of famous singer, Jessica Simpson and her first single from “Pieces of Me” from her debut album Autobiography.
She released her debut studio album Autobiography via Geffen Records on July 20, 2004 in USA. It charted at #1 in Billboard 200 and was certified as 3× Platinum in USA, 2× Platinum in Canada and Gold in Britain.
She had a cameo role in the 2002 American comedy film The Hot Chick for her role as Monique.
In 2001, Ashlee guest starred in the American television sitcom Malcolm in the Middle as a high school girl in episode #18 of the season titled “Reese Cooks”.
- Liquid Ice breath mints in 2004 (along with Jessica).
- Pizza Hut in 2004 (along with Jessica).
- HP Printers and Computers from 2004 to 2005. Ashlee is wearing an old 1800s dress during a party.
- Zeller’s department store in 2008.
She also appeared in ThermaSilk hair treatment‘s print adverts and later from 2006 to 2007 in Skechers Shoes print ads. Ashlee is also the face of sports brand Reebok.
Ashlee Simpson Favorites
- Favorite Band – Spice Girls
- Favorite Singer – Missy Elliott
- Favorite Movie – Taken (2008)
- Favorite Hobby – Knitting
Ashlee Simpson Net worth
Ashlee Simpson net worth is estimated to be $13 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ashlee Simpson
- While she was young, she suffered from anorexia.
- She started learning classical ballet at 3. Ashlee had attended School of American Ballet in New York City.
- She has a pet dog named Rigby Wentz.
- Ashlee describes her personality as “fiery and blunt”.
- She wears a bracelet, which she received from her older sister Jessica, inscribed “If you can dream it, you can become it.”
- She is a distant relative of Al Gore, 45th Vice President of USA.
- She likes to wear cosmetics from the brand La Mer.
- She was on #18 on Maxim’s Hot 100 List of 2008.
- She was enrolled at 7 in the School of American Ballet. This made her become the youngest person ever to be enrolled into this school.
- In 2009, Simpson returned full-time to television episodes by playing the role of Violet Foster in Melrose Place, The CW’s revamp of the 1990s series of the same name.
- In September 9, 2018, she was slated to return to the world of TV-reality shows with Ashlee+Evan, on E! Entertainment Television.