Anne Hathaway is an American actress and singer. One of the world’s highest paid actresses in 2015, she has received multiple awards, including an Academy Award, a Golden Globe, a British Academy Film Award and an Emmy. Her films have earned $6.4 billion worldwide and she appeared in the Forbes Celebrity 100 in 2009.
Anne Jacqueline Hathaway
Actress, Singer, Film producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Anne Hathaway was born on 12 November 1982, in Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA.
She’s currently 36 years old.
Her ancestry is Irish, along with small amounts of English, German, and French.
She completed her schooling at Brooklyn Heights Montessori School and Wyoming Elementary School in Millburn. She graduated from Millburn High School. Later, she majored in English and minored in Women’s Studies at Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, New York. After that, Anne enrolled herself into New York University’s Gallatin School of Individualized Study. Finally, she attended the American Academy of Dramatic Arts.
- Father – Gerald Thomas Hathaway (Lawyer)
- Mother – Kathleen Ann “Kate” (née McCauley) (Actress)
- Siblings – Michael (Older Brother), Thomas (Younger Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anne Hathaway dated –
- Topher Grace (1999-2001) – American actor, Topher Grace dated Anne from 1999 until 2001. They made a cute couple together. Grace and Anne have also appeared on screen together in 2010 movie Valentine’s Day. They separated amicably in 2001.
- James Holzier (2001-2002) – For a couple of months between 2001 and 2002, Anne was RUMORed to be dating with James.
- Scott Sartiano (2002) – After her breakup with Topher, she was dating restaurateur Scott. It was a very brief relationship in which she might have enjoyed free food.
- Hugh Dancy (2002-2004) – About 8 years older than Anne, Hugh Dancy, an English actor dated for a good two years from 2002 to 2004. She made a good looking couple and had appeared together on various occasions on the red carpet.
- Raffaello Follieri (2004-2008) – She first met Italian businessman (real estate developer), Raffaello in New York in 2004 and soon she became an item with him. This relationship went longer than others (before this). But, after he was found guilty of backstabbing his investors, Follieri was sentenced to four and a half years of imprisonment. And, due to all this, Anne left him as the bad press may have a negative impact on her career. Hence, the relationship ended in 2008.
- Adam Shulman (2008-Present) – Finally, Anne found a man, with whom she would settle down this time. Actor Adam Shulman and Anne commenced dating in October 2008. After three years of dating, they decided to engage and this happened in November 2011. In the following year, on September 29, 2012, Adam and Anne married in Big Sur, California in an interfaith Roman Catholic and Jewish service.
- James Franco (2011) – In 2011, the actors James Franco and Anne Hathaway were RUMORed to be an item.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 123 lbs
- Measurements – 35-24-35
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Anne Hathaway earned her acting credit as a lead character in Disney’s teen romantic comedy film, The Princess Diaries, based on Meg Cabot’s 2000 novel of the same name. Her role of Mia Thermopolis was largely lauded by critics and the film was commercially successful. The success of the film led her reprise her role in the movie’s sequel, The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement, in 2004.
Hathaway made her first appearance on television in FOX Network’s short-lived comedy-drama television series, Get Real, in which she played Meghan Green. She appeared in a total of 22 episodes from 1999 to 2000.
- Hathaway is widely recognized for her roles in many movies. Her portrayal of a woman who deals with the guilt of having caused her brother’s death in the drama film, Rachel Getting Married in 2008, earned her several accolades, including a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Actress. Her performance as Kym Buchman in the film was well received by audience as well as appreciated by critics.
- Her impeccable performance as Fantine in the 2012 film Les Misérables is easily one of the best performances in her career. She played the role of a factory worker dying of tuberculosis who struggles to raise her illegitimate child. She won the hearts of the moviegoers with her flawless performance and earned many awards, including an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.
- Slim figure
- She often plays lively, free-spirited women, who tries to remain independent
Anne Hathaway Favorites
- Favorite Book – The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Favorite Actors – Joaquin Phoenix, Ralph Fiennes
- Favorite Actress – Judy Garland
- Favorite Color – Violet
- Favorite Film – City of God
- Favorite Designer – Valentino
- Favorite Dessert – Chocolate
Anne Hathaway Net Worth
Anne Hathaway has a net worth of $38 million dollars. She owns multiple properties, including an apartment worth $2.55 million in Upper West Side, a neighborhood in Manhattan, which she bought in 2016. She lives with her family in this house. Her car collection include Audi A5 and Audi R8.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Hathaway
- Instagram – annehathaway
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anne Hathaway
- Her older brother Michael is gay.
- She is the first teenager ever to be admitted into The Barrow Group Theater Company’s acting program.
- She suffered from depression when she was a teenager.
- She is one of the People Magazine‘s Most Beautiful People in 2009.
- She became fascinated with acting after seeing her mother performing in Les Misérables as Fantine, which was a stage production.
- In early days of her acting career, her acting style and beauty were compared to the likes of Judy Garland.
- Anne has a dog, a chocolate Labrador, named Esmerelda.
- She was ranked #85 on FHM’s sexiest women in the world list in 2006.
- Hathaway has won an Academy, a Golden Globe, a Screen Actors Guild and a BAFTA Award for Best Supporting Actress for Les Misérables.
- She was among People Magazine’s 100 Most Beautiful People in the world in 2010.
- She was ranked at #5 on Empire’s list of “The 100 Sexiest Movie Stars” in 2013.
- Hathaway has won a Prime time Emmy Award for Outstanding Voice-Over Performance for her voice role in a 2010 episode of The Simpsons.
- Anne has been named in yearly lists of sexiest women by media outlets like FHM, People, Ask Men, Maxim, Empire and Entertainment Weekly.
- Forbes reported Hathaway as one of the highest paid actresses of 2015, and since 2017. she is among the highest-grossing actresses of the 21st century.