Angelababy is a Chinese model, actress and singer. Her stage name came from the combination of her English name Angela and her nickname Baby. In 2013, she was chosen by Southern Metropolis Daily as one of the New Four Dan Actresses. In 2016, she won the Hundred Flowers Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in the blockbuster film Mojin: The Lost Legend.
Angela Yeung Wing
Angelababy, Yang Ying, Wing Yeung
Actress, Model, Singer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Angelababy was born on 28th of February 1989, in Shanghai, China.
She is currently 31 years old.
She has Han and German ancestry on her father’s side and is of Shanghainese descent on her mother’s side.
She hasn’t spoken about her religious views publicly.
Angelababy attended the Notre Dame College in Hong Kong. She later studied at the Canossian Sacred Heart Business College.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Rowena Tung
- Siblings – Keven Yang Fan (Younger Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Angelababy has dated –
- William Chan (2005-2009) – Angelababy and actor William Chan met while shooting a Disney program together in 2005. They were both starting out at the time but as they became famous, their busy work schedules left them with little time with each other. The couple broke up in 2009 after spending 5 years together.
- Huang Xiaoming (2010-Present) – It was revealed in February 2014 that Angelababy had been in a long-term relationship with Chinese actor Huang Xiaoming. They have an age gap of 11 years with Huang being her senior. The couple got officially married on May 27, 2015, after obtaining a marriage certificate in Qingdao, China. They held the wedding ceremony in Shanghai on October 8, 2015, which turned out to be the most lavish in China’s history estimated at around $31 million. The spectacular event had her dressed in a Dior wedding gown with a 10-foot-tall wedding cake and a 6-carat wedding ring worth $1.5 million. The couple also gifted Meitu cell phones to their wedding guests. Angelababy gave birth to a baby boy on January 17, 2017. Their son nicknamed Little Sponge was born in the Hong Kong Adventist Hospital in Happy Valley, Hong Kong.
- Feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- Centimeters – 168 cm
- Meters – 1.68 m
- Kilograms – 48 kg
- Pounds – 106 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Best Known For
Being a successful actress and model in the Chinese industry, having starred in hit films like Mojin: The Lost Legend in 2015.
In 2010, Angelababy released her first Japanese single titled Beauty Survivor.
In 2007, Angelababy made her theatrical film debut in a cameo role in Trivial Matters as Taya.
In 2009, Angelababy first appearance on the TV show was on the show Food Network Challenge in the Food Magicians episode as a food stylist.
Angelababy has done endorsement work for the following brands as GAP, Dior, TAG Heuer, Gucci, Mercedes-Benz Asia, Maybelline New York The City Mini Palette (2017) (State of Mind Commercial) and Dove Chocolates.
Awards & Nominations
|2013||Hong Kong Society of Cinematographers Awards||Most Charismatic Actress||N/A||Won|
|13th Chinese Film Media Awards||Most Anticipated Actress||First Time||Won|
|1st China International Film Festival London||Best Actress||Crimes of Passion||Nominated|
|9th Huading Awards||Most Popular Actress Elected by Media||N/A||Won|
|2014||21st Beijing College Student Film Festival||Most Popular Actress||Young Detective Dee: Rise of the Sea Dragon||Won|
|14th Chinese Film Media Awards||Most Anticipated Actress||Nominated|
|2016||19th Huading Awards||Best Actress (Ancient Drama)||Love Yunge from the Desert||Nominated|
|33rd Hundred Flowers Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Mojin: The Lost Legend||Won|
|8th Macau International Movie Festival||Best Actress||Kill Time||Nominated|
- Favorite Dish – French Spring Chicken in Red Wine Sauce
- Favorite Singer – Jay Chou Chieh-lun
- Favorite City – Los Angeles
Angelababy Net worth
Angelababy has an estimated net worth of $40 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Angelababy
- Instagram – angelababyct
- Twitter – Angelababy
Some Lesser Known Facts About Angelababy
- Her stage name Angelababy comes from combining her name Angela with her nickname while growing up Baby.
- She was chosen as one of the New Four Dan Actresses of 2013 by the Southern Metropolis Daily along with Yang Mi, Ni Ni and Liu Shishi.
- At age 13, she moved to Hong Kong and was signed by the Style International Management after her classmates sent her a snapshot to the agency and she got selected as a model when she was 14 years old.
- Coming from a mixed cultural background, she is fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin, English, and Shanghainese.
- Her success in 2014 soared higher when she was placed on the 12th spot on the Forbes China Celebrity 100 list having an estimated income of 41 million yuan.
- She was voted as the Weibo Queen and Weibo Goddess for the year 2014.
- In 2016, having starred in the Hollywood big-budget film Independence Day: Resurgence, helped her land on the 27th spot on the list of Forbes’ inaugural 30 under 30 Asian celebrities under the film, music, television, and sport category.
- She is a savvy businesswoman having invested in several ventures like a nail parlor, a lifestyle store, and a café (with fellow Hong Kong actor Tony Leung Ka-fai).
- She is the owner of a venture capital fund, AB Capital, which was set up in 2015. She has also bought shares in Chinese overseas with the beverage brand Hey Juice and the e-commerce site Ymatou.
- She was the youngest member to be included in the Hurun Philanthropy List in 2016.
- Angelababy is known to have worn braces earlier and her husband even joked that she looked like her ugly photos sans makeup.
- She worked as a backup dancer for Taiwanese musician Jay Chou during his 2007-2008 World Tour.
- As a model, she has participated in Japan’s TCG Fashion Show and has also walked the Tokyo Girls Collection 2010.
- Angelababy is the ambassador of China’s Panda Protection Research Centre and the Child Development Centre of China.
- In 2015, she set up her own venture capital fund, AB Capital. She then bought shares in Chinese overseas purchasing e-commerce site Ymatou and beverage brand HeyJuice.
- In 2016, Angelababy entered the Hurun Philanthropy List, the youngest to be included. She and husband Huang Xiaoming donated $2.6 million to a charity program initiated by Huang to help university graduates start a business or seek employment.