Alice Braga is a Brazilian actress. She has appeared in several Brazilian films, most notably as Angélica in 2002’s highly acclaimed City of God and as Karinna in 2005’s Lower City. She came to international prominence after appearing opposite Will Smith in I Am Legend and has since become a familiar face in Hollywood, appearing in films such as Repo Men and Predators, The Rite and Elysium. She plays main character Teresa Mendoza in the crime drama-thriller television series Queen of the South. She played Wisdom in the 2017 movie The Shack, based on the book of the same name.
Alice Braga Moraes
Birthday / Date of Birth
Alice Braga was born on April 15, 1983, in São Paulo City, São Paulo, Brazil.
She’s currently 36 years old.
There isn’t much information regarding her education.
- Father – Nico Moraes
- Mother – Ana Maria Braga (Actress)
- Siblings – Rita Braga de Moraes (Sister) (Actress and producer)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alice Braga has dated –
- Diego Luna (2005) – In 2005, she was romantically linked with Mexican actor, Diego Luna.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 35-23-34
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 23 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 3 (US).
Appearing in films like I Am Legend (2007), Repo Men (2010), Predators (2010), The Rite (2011) and Elysium (2013).
Her first film appearance was in 1998 when she appeared in the Portuguese-language short film Trampolim for her role as Cláudia.
In 2005, Alice played the role as Vânia in the TV series Carandiru, Outras Histórias.
Her first commercial was for yogurt when she was eight years old.
Awards & Nominations
|2003||Cinema Brazil Grand Prize||Best Supporting Actress||City of God||Nominated|
|2005||Rio de Janeiro International Film Festival||Best Actress||Lower City||Won|
|2006||ACIE Awards||Best Actress||Lower City||Won|
|2006||São Paulo Association of Art Critics Awards||Best Actress||Lower City||Won|
|2006||SESC Film Festival||Audience Award Best Actress||Lower City||Won|
|2006||SESC Film Festival||Critics Award Best Actress||Lower City||Won|
|2006||Verona Love Screens Film Festival||Best Acting Performance||Lower City||Won|
|2006||Prêmio Contigo Cinema||Best Actress||Lower City||Won|
|2007||Cinema Brazil Grand Prize||Best Actress||Lower City||Won|
|2008||Black Reel Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Blindness||Nominated|
|2008||SESC Film Festival||Audience Award Best Actress||The Milky Way||Won|
|2008||Cinema Brazil Grand Prize||Best Supporting Actress||Drained||Nominated|
Alice Braga Favorites
Her favorite things are unknown.
Alice Braga Net worth
Alice Braga has a estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – alicebraga_oficial
Some Lesser Known Facts About Alice Braga
- She speaks fluent Portuguese, Spanish and English.
- Alice and Daniela Braga are cousins.
- As a child, Alice used to visit the film sets with her mother and aunt, Sônia Braga.
- She commenced her career at 8 by appearing in a yogurt commercial.
- In 2006, Alice appeared in her first English-language film Journey to the End of Night.
- In 2009, she appeared as Mireya Sánchez in the crime-drama film Crossing Over alongside Harrison Ford, Ray Liotta and Ashley Judd.
- In 2010, she appeared as Beth in Repo Men and as Isabelle in Predators.
- In 2016, she was cast in the main role of Teresa Mendoza in the crime-drama series Queen of the South.