Zella Day Kerr, known simply as Zella Day, is an American singer, songwriter and musician from Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona. Day began recording music in her early teens, independently releasing her debut album, Powered by Love, in 2009. Following its success, Day worked as a songwriter for BMG Publishing Group and eventually landed a Hollywood Records artist deal. In 2015, Day released her major label debut, Kicker, which was preceded by singles “Hypnotic” and “East of Eden”.
Zella Day Kerr
Indie Pop, Alternative, Folk Pop
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
Hollywood Records, Pinetop Records, B3SCI
Birthday / Date of Birth
Zella Day was born on March 13, 1995, in Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona, U.S.
She is currently 23 years old.
She belongs to Scottish, English, Italian and Swedish ethnicity.
She studied in Blue Ridge High School in Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona. While Zella was in her sophomore year, her parents got divorced and her mother moved to Long Beach, California where her sister enrolled in a public school. Zella chose to finish her high school education by enrolling online to gain more time for her musical endeavors.
- Father – Robert Kerr a.k.a. Bob Kerr (Contractor /Developer in Arizona)
- Mother – Ana Cristina Macfarland (‘Ana Mullen’ after remarrying in 2016) (Former Jazz Singer, Former Café Co-Owner, Pottery Artist, Painter)
- Siblings – Mia Rae Kerr (3 years Younger Sister) (Model, Horse Trainer)
- Others – William M. MacFarland (Maternal Grandfather), Suzanne S. del’Giudice (Maternal Grandmother), Sarah Houghtelin Koerner (Maternal Aunt) (Director of Theatre Program in a Public High school)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Zella Day has dated –
- Saamuel Richard (2016) – Tabloids reported that Zella was dating fashion photographer Saamuel Richard in 2016.
- Korey Dane (2017) – Zella was reportedly in a relationship with singer Korey Dane in 2017. She was also featured in one of Korey’s rock songs called Blood on the Mattress, released in November 2017. Both the singers indicated the end of their relationship by unfollowing each other on Instagram.
- Feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- Centimeters – 170 cm
- Meters – 1.7 m
- Kilograms – 52 kg
- Pounds – 114 lbs
- Measurements – 35-28-36
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 28 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Best Known For
- Her major label debut album, Kicker (2015), which peaked at #7 on the U.S. Top Alternative countdown.
- Her debut stage performance in Coachella in 2016 which won her major critical acclaim as a vocalist.
Zella Day released her first independent album titled “Powered by Love” in 2009. She self-released the Cynics vs. Dreamers EP on May 22, 2012 followed by her self-titled EP on September 23, 2014.
Zella made her television show debut as a musical guest in the comedy talk-show, Conan, in June 2015 to promote her album, Kicker. She performed the song, High, in that episode.
Over the course of her fruitful singing career, Zella has collaborated with leading labels to promote their products such as Gap, Free People, W Magazine, H&M, Cleobella and Maje.
- Broad, convex forehead.
- Wavy hair.
- Prefers Bohemian style and vintage clothing.
- A resemblance to model turned actress, Sara Michael Foster.
Zella Day Favorites
- Favorite Style Icons – Jane Birkin, Bianca Jagger, Anita Pallenberg, Stevie Nicks, Joni Mitchell, Erin Wasson, Abbey Lee Kershaw
- Favorite Travel Essentials – Coconut oil, A Neck Pillow, Sage, Polaroid Camera, Journal
- Favorite Halloween Costume – Queen Elizabeth Costume Put Together by Zella’s Maternal Grandmother
- Favorite Jeans Brand – American Rag
- Favorite City – Los Angeles
- Favorite Vintage Store – La Brea, Squaresville, Rose Bowl in Pasadena
- Favorite Skincare Brand – Aesop Fabulous Face Cleanser and Moisturizer
- Favorite Fashion Designer – Saint Laurent, Hedi Slimane
- Favorite Musical Influences – Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Edie Brickell, Joni Mitchell, Fleetwood Mac
Zella Day Net worth
Zella’s net worth is estimated at around $1 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Zella Day
- She started snowboarding at the age of 4 and claims to be very good at it.
- Her father used to run a guest ranch when Zella was 6-15 years old which made her comfortable enough around horses to participate in rodeos during her childhood.
- The singer started performing at the age of 9 at her grandmother’s coffee shop called Mormor café. ‘Mormor’ means ‘grandmother’ in Swedish.
- She cites Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Edie Brickell, Joni Mitchell and Fleetwood Mac as her biggest musical influences.
- She has a pet dog, a miniature golden doodle named Mitzy.
- Interestingly, Zella named her album Kicker after an Apache Cowboy who used to work on her father’s ranch when she was a kid.
- Though she has been writing music from age 9, she never thought that she could be serious about music until she was about 16 years old.
- She was featured on Vogue, Playboy, and The Huffington Post, as well as appeared on TV shows like Late Night with Seth Meyers and Conan.
- In December 2014, Day was featured as a guest vocalist on the acoustic version of Borns’ “Electric Love” off his debut Candy EP.
- In May 2015, Day debuted the single “High”, and performed it live the following month on Conan as her television debut.
- In 2016, She performed at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.
- In October 2016, Day released the single “Man on the Moon” and announced a 7″ release via B3Sci. November 2016 saw the digital premier of “Hunnie Pie” as a b-side to the “Man on the Moon” 7″.
- On November 29, 2018, Day revealed through her social media accounts that she had been released from her label and production deal.
- Visit her official website @zelladay.com.