Young Dolph was an American rapper, best known for his debut studio album, King of Memphis, which peaked at number 49 on the Billboard 200 chart. He was featured on O.T. Genasis’s hit single “Cut It”, which peaked at number 35 on the Billboard Hot 100. Young seventh album, Rich Slave, was released in 2020 and became his highest-charting project, debuting at number four on the Billboard 200.
Adolph Thornton, Jr
Young Dolph, Dolph, Dolph Gabbana
Hip Hop, Rap, Gangsta Rap, Memphis Rap
Paper Route, Empire
Birthday / Date of Birth
Young Dolph was born on 27th of July 1985, in Chicago, Illinois, United States.
He died on 17th of November 2021, after been shot in Memphis at the age of 36.
He was of African-American descent.
Young attended Magnolia Elementary School in Memphis, Tennessee, United States.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Young Dolph has dated –
- Mia Jaye – Young and Mia are long time partner together. Mia is a entrepreneur, social activist. They had two children, Tre Tre and Aria.
- In feet – 6 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 190 cm
- In meters – 1.90 m
- In Kilograms – 78 kg
- In Pounds – 172 lbs
Young is the best known for his album, King of Memphis. He had released several mixtapes and seven studio albums before he was shot and killed in Tennessee. In 2015, Dolph was featured on O.T. Genasis’s double platinum hit single Cut It. He released 19 mixtapes between 2008 and 2017 like Welcome 2 Dolph World, A Time 2 Kill, Blue Magic, Trappin, BagMen, 16 Zips, Bosses & Shooters, Rich Crack Baby, and Gelato.
In 2016, Dolph released his debut studio album King of Memphis under his own record label Paper Route Empire.
Young has done endorsement work for several brands such as own clothing and accessories brand, Paper Route Empire (PRE).
Young Dolph Net worth
Young Dolph has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2022.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Young Dolph
- As his parents were drug addicts, his grandmother used to look after him and his siblings.
- In 2008, Young released his first mixtape Paper Route Campaign.
- In 2010, he formally established his label Paper Route Empire, an independent record label not affiliated with a major record label, and subsequently released Welcome 2 Dolph World that same year.
- In 2011, Dolph began to develop his own rap flow, shifting away from a style similar to Memphis rappers Three 6 Mafia and 8Ball & MJG instead to a personal style described as “vociferous” with a “magnetic delivery and uniquely deep voice”.
- In 2015, Young was featured on O.T. Genasis’s double platinum hit single Cut It.
- His favorite singer is Justin Bieber.
- In February 2016, he released his debut album King of Memphis under his independent Paper Route Empire label, which peaked at number 49 on the Billboard 200.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States, Young released the single Sunshine and released edited album covers of previous releases on streaming services to feature individuals wearing surgical masks to highlight and address the global situation.
- Young later revealed that he signed a record deal with Empire Distribution, and his September 2018 album Role Model was released under the label Paper Route Empire, a joint venture between Paper Route Empire and Empire Distribution.
- In 2019, Young again collaborated with Key Glock, this time releasing his first collaborative album entitled Dum and Dummer, imitating the title of the Farrelly brothers’ film, Dumb and Dumber.
- In 2022, two Tennessee lawmakers (Representative Torrey C. Harris and former Senator Katrina Robinson) proposed a bill which would make November 17 – the day on which Dolph was killed – the “Adolph Thornton Day of Service”.