Vidyut Jammwal is an Indian film actor, martial artist and stunt performer, who predominantly works in Hindi films. He is a trained martial artist, having learnt the Indian martial art of Kalaripayattu since the age of three. He is popularly known as “The New Age Action Hero of Bollywood” and is considered to be among the world’s top martial arts film actors. He has also worked in Kollywood and Tollywood films.
Actor, Model, Martial Artist
Birthday / Date of Birth
He was born on December 10, 1980 in Jammu, Jammu & Kashmir, India.
He is currently 38 years old.
He attended Army Public School in Dagshai, Himachal Pradesh. He had to travel various places across the country due to the nature of his father’s job. He is well trained in Kalaripayattu from an ashram in Palakkad, Kerala since he was three years old. Vidyut travelled many countries to perform various forms of martial arts in live events.
- Father – Name Unknown (Former Army Officer)
- Mother – Vimla Jammwal (Former Miss Jammu & Kashmir, had run an Ashram in Kerala)
- Siblings – Achla Sachdev (Sister) (Fashion Choreographer settled abroad)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Vidyut Jammwal has dated –
- Mona Singh (2011–2014) – Vidyut knew the fellow actress, Mona before he became a full-time actor. The two met through common friends and Vidyut confirmed his relationship with her in 2012. In 2013, a fake MMS scandal disrupted Mona’s professional and personal life, though she bounced back fairly quickly. It is possible that the scandal might have created a rift in the couple’s relationship. Vidyut’s growing popularity and increasing work commitment, thereafter made the couple drift apart even more and Mona eventually confirmed their break-up in 2014.
- In feet – 5 feet 11 inches
- In centimeters – 180 cm
- In meters – 1.8 m
- In Kilograms – 86 kg
- In Pounds – 190 lbs
- Measurements – 44-17.5-33
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 17.5 in or 44.5 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
He wears a shoe 10 (US).
Playing Captain Karanvir Singh Dogra in Commando (2013) and Commando 2 (2017). His critically acclaimed Bollywood debut in Force (2011) as a villain named Vishnu.
Vidyut Jammwal came to film industry with the 2011 Telugu film Shakti, in which he played one of the antagonists. The film garnered mixed reviews amongst audience and went on to became a disaster. The same year, his Hindi debut came in the form of Force and received great reception for his portrayal of Vishu in the film. The film made Rs 320 million at the box office against the incurred budget of 120 million.
He has not been a part of any TV show yet.
Some of the brands that Vidyut associated with are, Old Spice, Gillette, Panasonic, PETA (Animal Rights Organization), Dixcy Scott Innerwear, TVS Apache & Troy Costa.
- 2014 – Zee Cine Awards – Umeed Ka Naya Chehra
- 2013 – SIIMA Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role
- 2012 – Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut
- 2012 – IIFA Award for Star Debut of the Year – Male
- 2012 – Stardust Awards – Breakthrough Performance Male
- 2012 – FICCI Frames – Best Debut Male
- 2012 – Balaji Global Indian Film and Television Awards – Colors Most Promising New Debutant Male
- 2012 – Big Star Entertainment Awards – Best Debut Male
- 2012 – Cosmopolitan Fun Fearless Awards – Best Debut Male
Vidyut Jammwal Favorites
- Favorite Actor – M. G. Ramachandran, Kamal Haasan, Hrithik Roshan, Sunil Shetty, Salman Khan, Rajinikanth
- Favorite Actress – Huma Qureshi, Nargis Fakhri, Shruti Haasan
- Favorite Movies – Singh is King, RoboCop, Police Story, Enter the Dragon
- Favorite Alternative Job – Martial Artist
- Favorite Bollywood Actors he Admires for Their Fitness – Hrithik Roshan, Suniel Shetty
- Favorite Food – Tofu, Gulab Jamun, Bhel Puri, Pani Puri
- Favorite Holiday Destination – Rishikesh
- Favorite Accessory – Watches
- Hobbies – Gyming, Gymnastics, Acrobatics, Tricking, Street Stunts, Martial Art
Vidyut Jammwal Net worth
Vidyut Jammwal has a net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2019. He charges Rs 1-2 crore per film. Vidyut has his own Jaguar XJ and lives in a luxury pad in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. He is a big fan of superbikes and has Suzuki Hayabusa Ultimate Sport, and Ducati Monster.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vidyut Jammwal
- He started learning the South-Indian Martial Art form, Kalaripayattu at the age of 3 in an Ashram in Kerela that was run by his mother.
- He lost his father at a young age but being an army officer’s son lived all over India while growing up.
- Before trying his hand at acting and modeling, Vidyut traveled across 25 countries to participate and perform in live action shows.
- In popular culture, Vidyut Jammwal is widely referred to “The New Age Action Hero of Bollywood”.
- Before making his stint in films, he pursued a brief career in modeling and eventually landed with a antagonist role in Telugu film, Shakti,a huge stepping stone in his career.
- He has walked the runway for famous designers in many fashion shows conducted in India.
- He has his own team of stuntmen and he himself exclusively choreographed stunts for all of his movies.
- Vidyut Jammwal has featured on the “List of Most Desirable Men” by various magazines, including The Times of India, People Magazine India, Men’s Health amongst others.
- During his free time, he used to organize camps to teach self-defense techniques to college-going girls and working professionals.
- His workout regime combines martial arts training with various other elements of cardio vascular, weight and interval training. More recently, Jammwal has adopted and added Anti Gravity Yoga and Suspension TRX to his intense workout regime.
- Vidyut Jammwal is a rock climber.
- Jammwal visited the Shaolin Temple in China. His visit was meant to honour Bodhidharma, an Indian Dravidian Buddhist monk who is credited for taking the teachings of these Dravidian combat forms and exercises from India to China.
- In 2013, he visited Argentina for a rigorous rock-climbing workshop and completed the designated hill, Piedra Parada in 2 days flat that most participants tend to finish climbing in 3-8 days.
- In 2014, he was labeled the Hottest Vegetarian Celebrity, 2013 by PETA.
- In 2014, Vidyut took the initiative to teach a self-defense class to girls and made it free for any girl who wanted to participate. Watch some of his lessons on YouTube.
- In 2018, Jammwal will star opposite Shruti Haasan in Tigmanshu Dhulia’s film Yaara. They are both also together for Mahesh Manjrekar’s untitled drama as well.