Vanessa Bryant is an American businesswoman, philanthropist, model, and the widow of American basketball player Kobe Bryant. In 2007, They founded the Kobe and Vanessa Bryant Foundation to provide scholarships to minority college students worldwide. She leads the Mamba and Mambacita Sports Foundation, an organisation dedicated to supporting child athletes who are in need. She is the president and chief executive officer of Granity Studios and a member of the board of directors of Bodyarmor SuperDrink.
Vanessa Urbieta Cornejo
President and CEO of Granity Studios Board of Directors of Bodyarmor SuperDrink
Philanthropist, Business executive, Model
Birthday / Date of Birth
Vanessa Bryant was born on the 5th of May 1982, in Los Angeles, California, United States.
She’s currently 41 years old.
Vanessa is of Mexican descent. She is not Irish as claimed by some of the websites.
Vanessa went to the St. Boniface Parochial School, graduating in 1996. Then, in 2000, she graduated with honors from Marina High School.
- Father – Stephen Laine (Step-Father)
- Mother – Sofia Urbieta (Shipping clerk)
- Siblings – Sophie (Older Sister))
Boyfriend / Spouse
Vanessa Bryant has dated –
- Kobe Bryant (1999-2020) – In 1999, Vanessa met the retired NBA player, Kobe Bryant, while she was working on a music video for Tha Eastsidaz, a trio made up of Snoop Dogg, Tray Deee, and Goldie Loc. She was just a senior at Marina High School when the couple started dating. On April 18, 2001, Kobe and Vanessa got married at St. Edward Roman Catholic Church, in Dana Point, California. On December 16, 2011, Though she filed for a divorce citing irreconcilable differences, after a relationship of 10 years, on January 11, 2013, the couple called off the divorce. They have 3 daughters – Natalia Diamante, Gianna Maria-Onore, Bianka Bella, and Capri Kobe Bryant. On January 26, 2020, Kobe died in a helicopter crash along with their daughter Gianna.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 61 kg
- In Pounds – 135 lbs
- Measurements – 36-27-36
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 27 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 34D
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Vanessa became known as the ex-wife of former NBA superstar Kobe Bryant. She has worked as a model and in the art department of feature films such as Man on Fire and Colombiana. Following Kobe’s death, she went on to become a philanthropist and keep his legacy alive through various endeavors. She is the president and chief executive officer of Granity Studios and a member of the board of directors of Bodyarmor SuperDrink.
In 2009, Bryant landed her first role in television in the TV show, The Wedding of Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
Vanessa Bryant Net worth
Vanessa Bryant has an estimated net worth of $600 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – vanessabryant
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vanessa Bryant
- Vanessa was born in Los Angeles, California. Her parents divorced when she was a baby. After her parents’ divorce, her biological father moved to Baja California.
- In 1990, her mother married Stephen Laine, who was a middle manager at the same electronics company that she worked in.
- In 2007, Bryant and her husband founded the VIVO Foundation which was later renamed the Kobe and Vanessa Bryant Foundation.
- Bryant and her husband were founding donors of the National Museum of African American History and Culture.
- In 2020, following her husband and second-oldest daughter’s deaths, Bryant changed the name of her husband’s Mamba Sports Foundation to the Mamba and Mambacita Sports Foundation in honor of her daughter.
- In May 2021, Bryant launched a Mambacita line of clothing in honor of her daughter Gianna.
- The line is in partnership with a female-owned brand, Dannijo and all proceeds go towards the Mambacita Sports Foundation.
- Bryant was the president and chief executive officer of Granity Studios. Bryant worked with Baby2Baby to provide support for women and children in poverty.
- In November 2021, At the Baby2Baby 10-year gala she received a philanthropy award.
- On February 8, 2022, during the Sports Power Brunch: Celebrating the Most powerful Women in Sports, Bryant received the Be Your Own Champion Award for her leadership of the Mambacita Sports Foundation.
- In February 2023, the case was settled out of court with a total settlement of $28.85 million awarded to Bryant and her daughters, including the approximate $15 million awarded to her in August and additional funds to settle potential claims from her daughters.