Richard Tyler is an American streamer, YouTuber, professional gamer and Internet personality. As of July 2019, he is the most followed streamer on Twitch.tv with over fourteen million followers and an average of over 50,000 viewers per week. Ninja has more than 23 million subscribers on YouTube, more than 15 million followers on Instagram and more than 5.5 million followers on Twitter. In August 2019, Blevins announced he was moving to Twitch competitor Mixer full time.
Richard Tyler Blevins
YouTuber, Twitch Streamer, Professional Gamer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Tyler Blevins was born on the 5th of June 1991, in Greyscale, Illinois, United States.
He is currently 28 years old.
He has Welsh ancestry.
Tyler attended the Grayslake Central High School, where he played soccer and was also an avid video game player. Later, he graduated from Silver Lake College in Wisconsin.
- Father – Chuck Blevins
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Chris Blevins (Older Brother), John Blevins (Older Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tyler Blevins has dated –
- Jessica Blevins (2013-Present) – The Twitch streamer Jessica Blevins, first met Tyler at La Crosse, Wisconsin, at a gamers tournament called Focus Fire in 2010. She was invited there by an ex-boyfriend who was also a gamer. They had made a bet with each other that if the Packers won, she would visit him and if the Lions won, he would visit her and sure enough the Lions won and Tyler went to visit her at the University of Wisconsin and their love story began since then. Four years later, the couple got married in August 2017.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 70 kg
- In Pounds – 154 lbs
Dark Brown (Natural)
His shoe size is 9.5 (US).
Being the Fortnite‘s best player in the world as of August 2018.
Tyler hasn’t appeared in a theatrical film yet.
In 2015, Tyler appeared along with his family members on the game-show Family Feud.
Tyler has done endorsement work for several brands by strategically placing them in his social media profiles such as Uber Eats & PSD Underwear.
Awards & Nominations
|2018||8th Streamy Awards||Creator of the Year||Won|
|Esports Awards||Esports Personality of the Year||Won|
|The Game Awards 2018||Content Creator of the Year||Won|
|2019||11th Shorty Awards||Twitch Streamer of the Year||Won|
Tyler Blevins Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Tom Hanks
- Favorite Actress – Alyson Hannigan
- Favorite Destination – Paris
- Favorite Colors – White, Pink, Black
- Favorite Food – Chinese, Italian
- Favorite Hobby – Playing Football, Gaming, Travelling
Alissa Violet Net worth
Tyler Blevins has an estimated net worth of $17 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Tyler Blevins
- Instagram – ninja
- Twitter – Tyler Blevins
- YouTube Channel – Ninja
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tyler Blevins
- His father began all his craze of gaming as he used to enjoy playing games and bought his children the latest games.
- While in high school, he worked at the restaurant Noodles and Company for about three years.
- Tyler’s obsession being #1 nearly ended when he almost lost his eyesight. Fortunately, he had a surgery, and he got right back into streaming.
- He started playing professionally at an early age.
- In 2009, he played the first competitive game at the Halo event at MLG Orlando.
- In June 2009, Tyler signed a partnership with Red Bull.
- In 2011, he started live streaming on Justin.tv before moving to Twitch.tv by the end of that year.
- In 2012, he won his first prestigious championship at the Halo 4 Exhibition, as a team member of a gaming group called Warriors.
- Ninja was given the prestigious title of #1 Fortnite Streamer on Twitch.tv in the past.
- In 2018, Drake unfollowed Ninja for making a statement saying that Drake used him to dwell in more fans.
- In 2018, he won the Fortnite Celebrity Pro-Am Tournament E3 event and donated $1 million to charities.
- In February 2018, Tyler’s professional gaming experience helped him raise $110,000 that he donated to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention to help people who were suffering from depression.
- In March 2018, Ninja gained recognition after he played a game of Fortnight with Drake for $5000 that was broadcasted live on his Twitch account. However, according to reports, Ninja never received the money.
- In March 2018, Forbes magazine, titled Tyler Blevins as the most famous Fortnite player in the world.
- In April 2018, he broke his own viewing record during his event Ninja Vegas 2018, where he accumulated an audience of about 667,000 live viewers.
- In May 2018, Tyler met the self-made billionaire business tycoon, Mark Cuban.
- In June 2018, Ninja teamed up with EDM star Marshmello and won Fortnite battle to help raise $1 million to donate to a charity of their own choice.
- In July 2018. he got his first tattoo .
- In July 2018, Tyler had become prey to a hoax claiming that he had died from a disease called Ligma causing panic amongst his fans.
- In September 2018, he became the first professional game to land on the cover of ESPN The Magazine.
- In October 2018, Blevins reported a player for having a higher ping than him. This led to a player claiming on November 16, 2018, that they had been banned as a result of the report, which Epic Games denied.
- In November 2018, Blevins received criticism for falsely reporting IcyFive, a Fortnite player, for stream sniping.
- In 2019, Tyler signed a million dollar deal with Electronic Arts to promote Apex Legends by playing the game on his Twitch stream and via his Twitter account.
- In August 1, 2019, Blevins announced that he would be streaming exclusively on Microsoft’s platform Mixer. His wife and manager Jessica told The Verge that the contract with Twitch had limited the ability for Ninja to grow his brand outside of video gaming and that the state of Twitch’s community it seen like he was kind of losing himself and his love for streaming.
- In August 20, 2019, Blevins’ book Get Good: My Ultimate Guide To Gaming was published by Penguin Random House.