Tom Selleck is an American actor. He has co-starred as New York City Police Commissioner Frank Reagan in the series Blue Bloods. In 2005, he has portrayed troubled small-town police chief Jesse Stone in nine television films based on the Robert B. Parker novels. Selleck is a California Army National Guard veteran, a spokesman for the National Rifle Association (NRA), an endorser in advertisements for National Review magazine, and co-founder of the Character Counts! organization.
Thomas William Selleck
Actor, Film Producer, United States Army Veteran
Birthday / Date of Birth
Tom Selleck was born on the 29th of January, 1945, in Detroit, Michigan, United States.
He is currently 78 years old.
Tom passed out from Grant High School in 1962. After that, he joined Los Angeles Valley College, but took a transfer to the University of Southern California.
- Father – Robert Dean Selleck (Executive and Real Estate Investor)
- Mother – Martha Selleck
- Siblings – Robert Selleck (Older Brother), Martha Selleck (Younger Sister), Daniel Selleck (Younger Brother)
- Relatives – Annabelle Selleck (Daughter-In-Law), George Samuel Selleck (Paternal Grandfather), Nellie Louisa/Louise Fife (Paternal Grandmother), Fredrick Grant Jagger (Maternal Grandfather), Martha Birchall (Maternal Grandmother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom Selleck has dated –
- Kitten Natividad – Tom dated with a Mexican American film actress, exotic dancer, and p*rn star Kitten Natividad.
- Lillian Müller – Selleck was in a relationship with Norwegian model and actress Lillian Müller.
- Jacqueline Ray (1970-1982) – In 1970, Tom began a relationship with actress Jacqueline Ray. The couple got married on May 15, 1971, after dating for a year.
- Mimi Rogers (1982-1983) – In 1982, Selleck started a relationship with actress Mimi Rogers. The pair split after a year in 1983.
- Marie Helvin (1983) – In 1983, Tom had a brief relationship with model Marie Helvin.
- Jillie Mack (1986-Present) – In July 1986, Selleck began a relationship with British actress Jillie Mack. The couple first met in London where Jillie was working as the lead actress on the show, Cats. A year later, the couple tied the knot at the Cherrywood Waterfall Chapel in Lake Tahoe, Nevada on August 7, 1987. They are blessed with a daughter, Hannah Margaret Selleck (b. December 16, 1988) who is an international show jumper.
- In feet – 6 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 193 cm
- In meters – 1.93 m
- In Kilograms – 88 kg
- In Pounds – 194 lbs
Tom became known after appearing his role in popular TV series, Magnum (1980–1988) as Thomas Magnum, for which he received five Emmy Award nominations for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series (1985).
In 1970, Selleck made his theatrical film debut in the comedy film, Myra Breckinridge as Stud.
In 1969, Tom did his first TV show in the series, Lancer as Dobie. In 1996, he made his TV show debut as a voice-over actor in the romantic comedy series, Friends. In 2004, he made his formal TV show debut as a voice-over artist on the TV documentary series, Biography as a narrator.
Selleck has done endorsement work for several brands such as Ducks Unlimited (2000), Safeguard soap, AT&T Long Distance (Voice-over) (1993), Lipton tea (1995-1997), Revlon’s Chaz Cologne for men (1979), Chrysler PT Cruiser (2004), Pepi, RJ Reynolds’ Salem 100s cigarettes (Print Ads) (1977), Florida Orange Juice, Close-up toothpaste, Right Guard Antiperspirant (1971), Coldwell Banker Real Estate (Voice-over) (2012), American Advisors Group (AAG) (2016), Dubonnet (1972), Paramount Super Bowl commercial (2021).
Tom Selleck Net worth
Tom Selleck has an estimated net worth of $45 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – tomselleckofficial
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tom Selleck
- In 1948, Selleck’s family moved to Sherman Oaks, California.
- He began his career with bit parts in smaller movies, including Myra Breckinridge Coma, and The Seven Minutes.
- He appeared in a number of TV series, mini-series and TV movies. He was also the face of Salem cigarettes and Revlon’s Chaz cologne.
- In 1971, Selleck appeared in the commercial for Right Guard deodorant.
- In 1972, he starred in the B-movie Daughters of Satan. He had a recurring role in the 1970s as private investigator Lance White in The Rockford Files.
- Selleck was famous for his mustache, a Hawaiian-style aloha shirt, a Detroit Tigers baseball cap, and a Colt MKIV/Series 70 Government Model handgun (a commercial version of the U.S. Military M1911A1) which his character regularly carried.
- In 1988, it established itself as the top-rated one-hour show in the history of syndicated reruns (at least until 1998).
- Selleck confirmed that he was the most popular choice by fans to play the role of Magnum in the once-rumored Magnum movie.
- In 1984, he introduced Nancy Reagan at the 1984 Republican National Convention.
- In 1989, he ended the decade by starring in the romantic comedy, Her Alibi and crime drama An Innocent Man.
- In 2005, Selleck has starred in the role of transplanted lawman Jesse Stone in a series of made-for-TV movies based on Robert B. Parker’s novels.
- In 2010, he has starred as Frank Reagan in the CBS American police procedural/drama series Blue Bloods, filmed on location in New York City.
- In 2016, presidential election, Selleck did not support either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump, instead writing in former Dallas Police Department Chief David Brown, saying that he was deeply touched by the grace and leadership Brown showed through the 2016 Dallas police shooting.