Thomas Brodie-Sangster is an English actor, best known for playing Sam in Love Actually, Simon in Nanny McPhee, Romulus Augustulus in The Last Legion, Ferb in Phineas and Ferb, Jojen Reed in Game of Thrones and Newt in the Maze Runner film series. Sangster also grew in popularity for starring in critically acclaimed cult films such as Death of a Superhero, Bright Star and as Paul McCartney in Nowhere Boy. He also had a cameo appearance in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and a role as Whitey Win in the Netflix miniseries Godless and John Tracy in Thunderbirds Are Go.
Bass, Guitar, Drums
Birthday / Date of Birth
Thomas Brodie-Sangster was born on May 16, 1990, in Southwark, London, England, United Kingdom.
He’s currently 28 years old.
He has Scottish ancestry on his dad’ side while he is of Cornish and Welsh descent on his mom’s side.
He was raised Catholic.
He has been mostly homeschooled.
- Father – Mark Ernest Sangster (Actor, Musician and Film Editor)
- Mother – Anastasia “Tasha” (Bertram) (Actor)
- Siblings – Ava Sangster (Younger Sister)
- Others – Barbara (Randolph) Bertram (Great-Grandmother), Anthony Bertram (Great-Grandfather) (Novelist)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Thomas Sangster dated –
- Patience Harding (2008-2009) – He was romantically linked with Patience Harding from 2008 to 2009.
- Isabella Melling (2012-2016) – In December 2012, he started dating former child actress, Isabella Melling. They made several public appearances when together such as at the 2016 London Critics’ Circle Film Awards in January 2016. There were rumors of them splitting in July 2016. But, because, the couple prefers to remain private about their personal life, it can’t be confirmed.
- In feet – 5 feet 10½ inches
- In centimeters – 179 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 66 kg
- In Pounds – 146 lbs
- Chest – 37 in or 94 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 12 in or 30.5 cm
- Waist – 29 in or 74 cm
Sangster earned a lot of fame and accolades for his portrayal of Newt in the science fiction action film series The Maze Runner and as Jojen Reed in the HBO’s fantasy drama series Game of Thrones from 2013 to 2014. He landed a significant role in the 2003 romantic comedy film, Love Actually. His work in the film is considered as one of his best performances in his career. He was nominated for a ‘Golden Satellite Award’ and a ‘Young Artist Award’ for his role in the film.
In 2002, he debuted with short film Mrs. Meitlemeihr for his role as Boy 1.
In 2002, Thomas made an appearance in TV mini-series Stig of the Dump to play the role as Barney in 6 episodes.
He has not endorsed any brands until yet.
Awards & Nominations
|2003||Entrusted||Golden Nymph at Monte Carlo Television Festival: Best Actor in a mini-series||Won|
|2004||Love Actually||Phoenix Film Critics Society Awards: Best Performance by Youth in a Leading or Supporting Role – Male||Nominated|
|Phoenix Film Critics Society Awards: Best Ensemble Acting for Love Actually||Nominated|
|Satellite Awards: Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role, Comedy or Musical||Nominated|
|Young Artist Award: Best Performance in a Feature Film – Supporting Young Actor||Nominated|
|2007||Nanny McPhee||Young Artist Award: Best Performance in a Feature Film – Young Ensemble Cast||Nominated|
|Young Artist Award: Best Performance in a Feature Film – Leading Young Actor||Nominated|
|2008||The Last Legion||Young Artist Award: Best Performance in an International Feature Film – Leading Young Performer||Nominated|
|2015||The Maze Runner||Teen Choice Awards Choice Movie: Breakout Star||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards Choice Movie: Chemistry||Nominated|
|2016||Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials||Teen Choice Awards Choice Movie: Chemistry||Won|
Thomas Brodie-Sangster Favorites
- Favorite Ice Cream Flavor – Chocolate
- Favorite Clothing Item – Vintage Suit
Thomas Brodie-Sangster Net worth
Sangster has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Twitter – Thomas Sangster
Some Lesser Known Facts About Thomas Brodie-Sangster
- Thomas’s career started in 1999.
- Before he got the role of Newt in The Maze Runner film series, he had not even read the novel. You must be aware that the film series is based on the novel of the same name.
- Thomas is the second cousin of actor Hugh Grant.
- He’s crazy about motorbikes and leather jackets.
- In 2006, he founded a film production company, Brodie Films, to help new British talents. However, the company stopped its operations in May 2013.
- In 2010, he joined the band Winnet, where he plays the bass. His mother sings the vocals there.
- From 2010 to 2011, he voiced Ferb in the TV series Take Two with Phineas and Ferb.
- In 2014, he appeared in the music videos of The Luka State’s “30 Minute Break” and “Rain” as a boyfriend.
- He is good friends with Dylan O’Brien, Will Poulter and Kaya Scodelario.
- Sangster was once denied pint in a bar as he looked underage. In fact, he was 24 at that time. He didn’t carry an ID proof, so he showed them his IMDB profile to convince them. Even though, they recognized him, they still didn’t serve him alcohol, but took his autograph.