Swastika Mukherjee is an Indian actress. Mukherjee first appeared on screens in the TV serial Devdasi and made her film debut in 2001 in Hemanter Pakhi. Her first lead role came with Mastan. Mukherjee spent her childhood in a self-described simple life with her father Santu Mukhopadhyay, younger sister Ajopa and mother Gopa. Her favorite films were Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Mary Poppins and The Sound of Music.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Swastika Mukherjee was born on 13 December 1980, in Kolkata, India.
She is currently 38 years old.
She was educated at Carmel School, Kolkata, St. Teresa’s Secondary School and Gokhale Memorial School.
- Father – Santu Mukhopadhyay (Bengali Actor)
- Mother – Late. Gopa Mukherjee
- Siblings – Ajopa Mukherjee (Younger, Costume designer)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Swastika has dated –
- Pramit Sen (1998–2007) – In 1998 at the age of 18, she married Promit Sen, son of Rabindra Sangeet singer Sagar Sen. The marriage was unhappy, lasting two years before the couple separated. She accused him of physically abusing her and locking her out of their home when she was pregnant. She filed a charge against him for cruelty (it was later dismissed). According to Mukherjee, Sen filed for divorce in 2000, but changed his mind when she became successful in her acting career. She had one daughter from the marriage, Anwesha, born in 2000.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.70 m
- In Kilograms – 60 kg
- In Pounds – 132 lbs
- Measurements – 32-30-33
- Bust – 32 inches
- Waist – 30 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 7 (US).
Mukherjee made her film debut in 2003 with the film Hemanter Pakhi, directed by Urmi Chakraborty. In this film she played a small role. Her first lead role came with Mastan, directed by Ravi Kinagi.
Mukherjee was spotted by the director of the TV serial Devdasi, who convinced her to act in his production. She went on to appear in other serials such as Ek Akasher Niche and Protibimbo.
- Swastika confessed in the media that she had been lying just to get the publicity and took back all the cases and charges she had put against her husband and her in-laws.
- On May 2014, Mukherjee was hospitalized after an alleged suicide attempt. Under strong local protest, Kolkata police detained Mukherjee’s boyfriend Sumon Mukhopadhyay.
- On 4 November 2014, she was allegedly caught on CCTV cameras shoplifting gold earring worth $255 (Rs.12,139) in her handbag at a jewelry showroom in Posh Mall, Singapore.
Swastika Mukherjee Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Akshay Kumar
- Favorite Actress – Rani Mukerji
- Favorite Films – Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Mary Poppins, The Sound of Music
- Favorite Colors – Blue, Yellow
- Favorite Sport – Cricket
- Favorite Perfumes – Gucci, Armani
- Favorite Destination – Singapore
- Favorite Hobbies – Travelling, Cooking
- Favorite Food – Sandesh, Paneer Tikka, Burger
Swastika Mukherjee Net worth
Swastika Mukherjee has a net worth of $1.5 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Swastika Mukherjee
- Instagram – swastikamukherjee13
- Twitter – Swastika Mukherjee
Some Lesser Known Facts About Swastika Mukherjee
- Swastika Mukherjee is the daughter of popular Bengali actor Santu Mukhopadhyay.
- She started her career as a TV actress in 2001.
- She got her first break in TV serial Devdasi when she was studying at Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
- She was married to the Pramit Sen son of Rabindra Sangeet at the age of 18.
- Her married life was harsh and she separated after two years alleging her husband to be cruel and physically abused her a lot.
- Since she was married her husband has filed a charge against Parambrata Chatterjee for tempting of a married woman and criminal adultery.
- She is a lipstick addict.
- She is big fan of Bollywood Actor Akshay Kumar and Actress Rani Mukerji.
- Swastika is very good dancer and she learned dance from famous choreographer Tanushree Shankar.
- In 2000, her husband filed a divorce but later withdrew when she turned a successful actor and finally in 2007 they got the divorce.
- In 2001, Mukherjee enrolled at the Ananda Shankar Centre for Culture, learning dance from veteran Tanusree Shankar.