Sunitha Upadrashta is a playback singer, anchor and dubbing artist in the Telugu film industry, also known as Tollywood. Sunitha’s career began in the year 1995 with the movie Gulabi. She works as a singer and an Anchor to various channels who conduct musical programmes. She also works as a dubbing artist and has dubbed for about 750 films. She won two Filmfare Awards and nine Andhra Pradesh state Nandi Awards.
Sunitha, Singer Sunitha
Singer, Voice artist, Television Host
Birthday / Date of Birth
Singer Sunitha was born on 10 May 1978, in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh into a Telugu Brahmin family.
She is currently 41 years old.
Her education background is currently unavailable.
- Father – Sri Upadrasta Narasimha Rao (Singer)
- Mother – Smt. Sumathi (Singer)
- Siblings – None
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sunitha Upadrashta has dated –
Sunitha got married to her husband, Kiran when she was just 19 years old. They got divorced and no more a couple now. They both have two children, a son named Aakash (born in 1997) and a daughter named Shreya (born in 1998).
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 64 kg
- In Pounds – 138 lbs
- Measurements – 35-27-37
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 27 inches
- Hip – 37 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 8 (US).
Singer Sunitha started her career as a playback singer at the age of 17, where she rendered voice for song Ee Vela Lo Neevu in Sri Sasi Preetham composition and written by Sirivennela Sitaramasastri. It was from her debut Telugu film Gulabi. She has sung a number of songs in Tamil, Telugu and Kannada as of today. As a dubbing artiste, Sunitha has given voice over for various artists like Jyothika, Anushka, Bhoomika, Charmi, Laila, Meera Jasmine, Soundarya, Sonali Bendre, Richa Gangopadhyay, Raasi, Shriya, Genelia, Sneha, Sada, Katrina Kaif, ileana, Tamannaah, Trisha, Kamalini Mukherji, Nayantara etc.
She hasn’t featured in films.
Singer Sunitha has hosted several devotional programs like Navaragam on Gemini, Jhummandi Nadam, Sapta Swaralu and Padutha Theeyaga on ETV. She is well known for appearing as a judge on Maa TV’s singing reality show, Super Singer since its 4th season. She has been currently hosting singing talent show, SaReGaMaPa Lil Champs on Zee Telugu.
Sunitha Upadrashta Favorites
Her favorite things are not available at this time.
Sunitha Upadrashta Net worth
Sunitha Upadrashta has a estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2019. Her source of income includes singing, voice actress, stage performances, endorsements, television appearances and tours.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sunitha Upadrashta
- Bring born into a family of musicians, Sunitha began learning vocals and music from her tender age. At thirteen, she took music classes from Pemmaraju Surya Rao in Carnatic Vocal and Light music from Kalaga Krishna Mohan for eight years.
- Sunitha 20, participated in Thyagaraja Aradhana Utsavalu along with her guru Sri Pemmaraju Surya Rao.
- She use to take part in various devotional programs and is a regular singer at Tirumala Tirupati Brahmotsavam.
- Singer Sunitha first performed in Light Music on All India Radio in 1995 when she was 17 and has performed in more than 500 television and radio programs until now.
- She visited various countries including USA, Dubai and other countries through her concert titled ‘Musical Moments With Sunitha’.
- Sunitha performed with other musicians at the inauguration ceremony of Amaravathi, new capital of Andhra Pradesh.
- During the time of 50 years of Independence, she has sung Vande Mataram along with S.P.Balasubrahmanyam at the Congress Plenary Meet.
- Sunitha has received several accolades, including a National Award, two Filmfare Awards, two Nandi Awards among others.
- Singer Sunitha has her own self-titled YouTube channel where she uploads her performances, prank videos, hilarious content and happenings from her life.