Steve Harvey is an American comedian, television host, producer, radio personality, actor and author. He hosts The Steve Harvey Morning Show, the Steve talk show, Family Feud, Celebrity Family Feud, Little Big Shots and its spinoff Little Big Shots: Forever Young, Steve Harvey’s Funderdome, Showtime at the Apollo and since 2015, the Miss Universe pageant. He is a five time Daytime Emmy Award winner, two time Marconi Award winner and a 14 time NAACP Image Award winner in various categories.
Broderick Stephen Harvey
Comedian, Television Host, Producer, Radio Personality, Actor and Author
Birthday / Date of Birth
Steve Harvey was born on January 17, 1957, in Welch, West Virginia, United States.
He’s currently 62 years old.
Steve graduated from Glenville High School in 1974. Harvey also went to Kent State University and West Virginia University in Morgantown, West Virginia.
- Father – Jesse Harvey (Coal Miner)
- Mother – Eloise Vera
- Siblings – Terry Harvey (Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Steve Harvey dated –
- Marcia Harvey (1979-1994) – In 1979, Steve started dating Marcia Harvey and got married to her in 1980. They got divorced in 1994 after being in a relationship for 14 years. During this time, the couple welcomed three children, twin daughters, Karli and Brandi (b. 1982) and son Broderick Steve Jr. (b. 1991).
- Mary lee Shackelford (1995-2005) – In 1995, Steve started dating Mary lee Shackelford. The couple got married in June 1996 and was married to her for nine years until they broke their marriage in November 2005. Through this relationship, Steve also has another child, son Wynton who was born in 1997.
- Marjorie Bridges (2006-Present) – Then in 2006, Steve started dating Marjorie Bridges and according to Steve, Marjorie changed his life completely for the good. But, he didn’t met her in 2006 for the first time. In 1990, they had already met at Memphis comedy club. They got married in June 2007. Steve has three stepchildren from this relationship and he raises them as his own daughter Morgan Harvey (b. 1987), son Jason Harvey (b. 1991) and daughter Lori Harvey (b. 1997). Now, he even has many grandchildren, granddaughters Rose Harvey (b. 2014) and Noah Harvey (b. August 21, 2015) from Jason’s marriage to Amanda and granddaughter Elle (b. 2015) from Morgan’s marriage to Kareem.
- In feet – 6 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 188 cm
- In meters – 1.88 m
- In Kilograms – 104 kg
- In Pounds – 229 lbs
Best known for his shows The Steve Harvey Show, Family Feud, Celebrity Family Feud, Little Big Shots, Steve Harvey’s Funderdome, Little Big Shots: Forever Young and Steve.
Steve made his acting debut with the 2000 stand-up comedy film The Original Kings of Comedy as himself.
Harvey has garnered international fame and recognition for being a television host for over three decades. He began his television journey as a host in the syndicated music television show Showtime at the Apollo from 1993 to 2000 and 2016 to 2017.
Steve has endorsed many brands and products including BlackPeopleMeet.com, Glory Foods, Green Dot and many others. He has also appeared in TV commercials for Burger King, Strayer University commercials, among others.
Awards & Honors
- Four-time winner: NAACP Image Awards Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series (1999, 2000, 2001, 2002)
- Three-time winner: NAACP Image Awards Outstanding Comedy Series (as executive producer/star of The Steve Harvey Show – 2000, 2001, 2002)
- 2001: NAACP Image Awards Entertainer of the Year
- 2007: Syndicated Personality/Show of the Year – Radio & Records magazine
- 2011: BET Humanitarian Award – 2011 BET Awards
- 2013: Favorite New Talk Show Host – 39th People’s Choice Awards
- 2013: Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- 2013: Marconi Award winner – Network/Syndicated Personality of the Year
- Three-time winner: NAACP Image Awards Outstanding News/Talk/Info Series (as executive producer/host of Steve Harvey – 2014, 2015, 2017)
- 2014: Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Game Show Host – Family Feud
- 2014: Daytime Emmy Award for Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Talk Show Informative (as host/executive producer of Steve Harvey)
- 2014: NAB Broadcasting Hall of Fame inductee (Radio)
- 2015: East 112th Street in Cleveland renamed Steve Harvey Way
- 2015: NAACP Image Awards Outstanding Host – Talk/Reality/Variety/News/Information
- 2015: Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Talk Show Informative (as host/executive producer of Steve Harvey)
- 2015: Marconi Award winner – Network/Syndicated Personality of the Year
- 2016: NAACP Image Awards Outstanding Host – Talk/Reality/Variety/News/Information
- 2016: NAACP Image Awards Outstanding Variety Series/Special (as host of Family Feud)
- 2016: Honorary Doctorate Degree Received at Alabama State University in Montgomery, Alabama
- 2017: Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Informative Talk Show Host – Steve Harvey
- 2017: Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Game Show Host – Family Feud
- 2018: Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Informative Talk Show Host – Steve
Steve Harvey Favorites
- Favorite Beverage – Creamy Hot Chocolate
Steve Harvey Net worth
Steve Harvey total net worth is estimated to be $160 million dollars as of 2019. That money comes from his TV shows and he makes around $40 million per year from his appearances on TV, films and other events. Besides, Steve is also a film producer, screenwriter and author. He dives his times between Atlanta, Georgia and Chicago.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Steve Harvey
- Instagram – iamsteveharveytv
- Twitter – Steve Harvey
- YouTube Channel – The Official Steve Harvey
Some Lesser Known Facts About Steve Harvey
- His first name is Broderick, named after actor Broderick Crawford of the TV series Highway Patrol.
- Steve did several jobs such as a boxer, an autoworker, an insurance salesman, a carpet cleaner and a mailman before landing as a comedian.
- During his initial days as a stand-up comedian, he was homeless for multiple years and slept in his 1976 Ford, when he doesn’t have shows.
- Steve is a member of Omega Psi Phi fraternity.
- He is a diehard Cleveland Browns fan.
- Steve was previously a boxer.
- Steve has won several awards in a career spanning over three decades including five Daytime Emmy Awards, two Marconi Awards, and fourteen NAACP Image Awards.
- In 2013, he received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In 2014, he launched his own dating website titled Delightful.com.
- His published works include Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man (2009) and Straight Talk, No Chaser: How to Find and Keep a Man.
- During the 2015 Miss Universe pageant competition, Steve mistakenly named the first runner-up, Miss Colombia, Ariadna Gutiérrez, as the winner. He later announced that he had read the results incorrectly and that Miss Philippines, Pia Wurtzbach, was the new Miss Universe and apologized to both the contestants.
- In October 2016, it was announced that Harvey would host two revival specials of Showtime at the Apollo for Fox.
- He returned as host for the Miss Universe 2017 pageant in Las Vegas on November 26, 2017.
- In 2017, Harvey began hosting a New Year’s Eve special from Times Square for Fox.
- Visit his official website @ steveharvey.com.