Stana Katic is a Canadian-American actress and producer. She played Kate Beckett on the ABC television romantic crime series Castle and Agent Emily Byrne in the thriller series Absentia.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Stana Katic was born on April 26, 1978, in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
She’s currently 41 years old.
She has Croatian Serb (also called Dalmatian) ancestry due to her parents. She also has part Montenegrin ancestry.
In 1996, Stana graduated from West Aurora High School in Aurora, Chicago, Illinois. Katic enrolled to study International Relations, Economics and pre-law at the University of Toronto‘s, Trinity College and then at The Theatre School at DePaul University, where she studied toward an MFA in acting from 2000 to 2002. Katic also studied acting at the Beverly Hills Playhouse acting school.
- Father – Petar Katić
- Mother – Rada Katić
- Siblings – She has four brothers and one sister.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Stana Katic has dated –
- Nathan Fillion (2009-2012) – Castle co-stars Nathan Fillion and Stana were an item from March 2009 to December 2012.
- Kris Brkljac (2012-Present) – Stana started dating business efficiency consultant Kris Brkljac in 2007. Katic married her longtime boyfriend, Kris Brkljac, a business efficiency consultant in a private ceremony in Croatia on 25 April 2015 one day before her 37th birthday.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 63 kg
- In Pounds – 139 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 10 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Playing Detective/Captain Kate Beckett in the ABC crime drama series Castle.
Stana debuted with 1999 film Acid Freaks for her role as Annie.
In 2004, Stana guest appeared in the CBS crime series The Handler for her role as Mariella in an episode entitled Bleak House.
She has appeared in an Olay ad.
Awards & Nominations
|2009||Satellite Awards||Best Actress in a Series, Drama||Castle||Nominated|
|2011||TV Guide Magazine’s Fan Favorites Awards||Favorite Couple Who Should||Won|
|2012||Favorite TV Couple||Won|
|PRISM Awards||Performance in a Drama Episode||Won|
|2013||TV Guide Magazine’s Fan Favorites Awards||Favorite TV Couple||Won|
|People’s Choice Awards||Favorite Dramatic TV Actress||Nominated|
|2014||People’s Choice Awards||Won|
|Favorite On-Screen Chemistry||Nominated|
|2015||People’s Choice Awards||Favorite TV Duo||Nominated|
|Favorite Crime Drama TV Actress||Won|
|2016||People’s Choice Awards||Favorite TV Crime Drama Actress||Won|
Stana Katic Favorites
- Favorite Fragrance – Vanilla Spice by Jo Malone
- Favorite Red Colored Lipstick – Rouge Dior Lipcolor (in Ara Red)
- Favorite Foundation – Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV foundation (in No. 7)
- Favorite Designers – Alberta Ferretti, Betsey Johnson, Giorgio Armani, Jil Sander, Valentino
- Favorite Mascara – Diorshow Blackout Mascara
- Favorite Lip Balm – Dr. Hauschka’s Lip Moisturizer, Aquaphor
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Song – Kiss Me (By Ed Sheeran)
Stana Katic Net worth
Stana Katic has a estimated net worth of $12 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Stana Katic
- Stana is sometimes mistaken for Jacqueline being her middle name but she has herself denied of this.
- Stana’s parents emigrated from Yugoslavia.
- Katic speaks all these languages fluently English, Croatian, French, Italian, Serbian and Slovenian.
- She is a dual citizen of Canada and United States.
- Horseback riding is one of her favorite time pass activities.
- Slim Keith, Lauren Bacall, Katharine Hepburn and Madonna are her style icons.
- In 2008, Katic established her own production company, Sine Timore Productions, which is Latin for without fear.
- In 2010, she started a nonprofit project called The Alternative Travel Project.
- In May 2011, she won the Most Glamorous Actress online ballot for the Monte-Carlo Television Festival. She received 17.3% of the 3,641 votes against a field of 15 finalists.
- In 28 January 2012, she was a presenter at the 64th Annual Directors Guild of America Awards ceremony.
- In Maxim’s Hot 100 list of 2014, she was placed at #50.
- She does not appear in the Cool Boys episode of Castle which is the sixth episode of season 8 broadcast in November 2015.
- In January 2017, Katic appeared as Anna in the film Lost in Florence.
- Visit her official website @ stanakatic.com.