Spencer West is an American motivational speaker and disability advocate. He became an amputee after being born with sacral agenesis. He speaks about overcoming adversity and uses social media to advocate for the disability justice movement and the LGBT community. As well as author and leadership facilitator who climbed Mount Kilimanjaro without the aid of legs. Spencer wrote the book Standing Tall: My Journey.
Motivational Speaker, Disability Advocate
Birthday / Date of Birth
Spencer West was born on the 7th of January 1981, in Rock Springs, Wyoming, United States.
He’s currently 42 years old.
Spencer was a cheerleader at Rock Springs High School. After that, he enrolled at Westminster College where he earned a degree in communications.
- Father – Tonette West
- Mother – Kenny West
- Siblings – Anne West (Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Spencer West has dated –
Spencer has largely opted to keep his personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about his love life and dating history.
- In feet – Unknown
- In centimeters – Unknown
- In meters – Unknown
- In Kilograms – Unknown
- In Pounds – Unknown
Spencer became known for Motivational Speaker from the United States. He is a disability advocate. He was born with a birth defect, sacral agenesis, where his spine and legs do not work properly. He speaks about overcoming adversity and uses social media platforms to advocate for the disability justice movement and the LGBT community.
Spencer West Net worth
Spencer West has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Spencer West
- Instagram – spencer2thewest
- Twitter – Spencer West
- YouTube Channel – Spencer West
Some Lesser Known Facts About Spencer West
- Spencer was born with a birth defect, sacral agenesis, causing his spine and legs to not work properly.
- When he was three years old, his legs were amputated to his knees. Prosthetics did not work, so doctors removed his legs when West was five years old.
- He learned to move around using his hands and a wheelchair. West was bullied as a child for his disability.
- West moved to Phoenix, Arizon and worked as an operations manager at a salon and spa. He volunteered at a TV newsroom.
- In 2008, Spencer traveled to Kenya with a friend to support the Free the Children’s school building effort. The trip inspired West to share his personal experiences as an amputee.
- West resides in Toronto. He applied for Canadian citizenship after living there for 4 years. West has tennis elbow due to using his arms to walk.
- He is gay and advocates for disabled members in the LGBT community.
- His trek up Kilimanjaro raised more than half a million dollars for Free the Children’s sustainable water initiative in Kenya.
- West is a motivational speaker and shares his personal and medical story. He speaks at schools and to corporations about overcoming adversity.
- In 2014, after meeting singer Demi Lovato at a charity event, West was an opening speaker during the Demi World Tour.
- Spencer developed a following on TikTok where he posts about the disability justice movement and his personal experiences as a gay amputee.