Sofia Boutella is a French-Algerian dancer, model and actress. Boutella has starred as Gazelle in Kingsman: The Secret Service, an alien warrior named Jaylah in Star Trek Beyond and the main antagonist, Princess Ahmanet, in Universal’s Dark Universe film The Mummy.
Dancer, Model, Actress
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sofia Boutella was born on April 3, 1982 in Bab El Oued, Algiers, Algeria.
She is currently 36 years old.
She is of French and Algerian ancestry.
She hasn’t spoken about her religious views publicly.
Sofia is a graduate of the Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Father – Safy Boutella (Jazz Musician)
- Mother – Her mother is an architect and painter.
- Siblings – Seif Boutella (Brother) (Visual Effects Artist)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sofia has dated –
- M. Pokora (2008) – French singer M. Pokora and Sofia were dating in 2008. However, not much is known about their relationship.
- Robert Sheehan (2014-2018) – Sofia met Irish actor Robert Sheehan while filming the independent film Jet Trash in Goa, India in 2014. Romance blossomed soon between the co-stars and their relationship became known when co-star Jonathan Rhys Meyers’s fiancée Mara Lane posted a snap of the two calling Sofia his lady love. They were going steady for a couple of years and in an interview in 2017, Robert confirmed that the two were dating. They broke up in 2018.
- Chris Pine (2017) – Rumors of Sofia dating her co-star from Star Trek Beyond, Chris Pine began doing the rounds in 2017. Apparently, they attended the Coachella music festival together in April 2017, looking smitten with each other and holding hands. However, this was a short-lived relationship.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-33
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Being an exceptional dancer who has worked with choreographer Jamie King on the Nike commercial. She has also been on concert tours with Madonna, Rihanna and many others.
In 2002, she made her theatrical film debut as Samia in Dance Challenge.
In 2001, she appeared in an episode of the TV crime drama series Les Cordier, juge et flic.
Sofia has appeared in many advertising campaigns for Nike, Puma, Reebok and Adidas.
Sofia Boutella Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Sean Connery
- Favorite Skincare Brand – La Roche-Posay, Homeoplasmine
- Favorite Beauty Products – Elemis Pro-Collagen Hydra-Gel Eye Masks, Intraceuticals oxygen treatments
Sofia Boutella Net worth
Sofia Boutella has a net worth of $4 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sofia Boutella
- She began taking ballet dance classes at the age of 5.
- In 1992, she left Algeria during the civil war with her family and settled in France at the age of 10. She studied rhythmic gymnastics in France and was a part of the French National Team as an 18 year old.
- She is proficient in hip hop and street dance and used to be a member of the group called the Vagabond Crew.
- She started taking dance training from choreographer Blanca Li since the age of 17.
- Sofia cities her dance influences as Fred Astaire, Jean-Michel Basquiat, Daniel Day-Lewis and Bob Fosse.
- She has won several dance competitions including Freestyle championship in Los Angeles and the breakdance championship at St. Denis in Paris.
- In February 2011, she was the main character in the music video for “Hollywood Tonight” by Michael Jackson.
- In 2017, she starred alongside Charlize Theron in Atomic Blonde, the film adaptation of the graphic novel The Coldest City, as undercover French agent Delphine Lasalle.
- Sofia was honored at CinemaCon in 2017 with the Female Rising Star of Tomorrow award.
- In 2017, she portrayed a French secret agent in the David Leitch film Atomic Blonde, which also featured Charlize Theron, James McAvoy, John Goodman and Toby Jones.
- In May 2018, Boutella appeared in the HBO drama film Fahrenheit 451, which stars Michael B. Jordan and Michael Shannon.