Shriya Saran is an Indian actress and model known for her work in South Indian cinema, Bollywood and American cinema. In 2001, her dance master gave her the opportunity to appear in Renoo Nathan’s debut music video “Thirakti Kyun Hawa”, which brought Saran to the attention of many Indian filmmakers.
Shriya Saran Bhatnagar
Birthday / Date of Birth
She was born on September 11, 1982 in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India.
She is currently 36 years old.
Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India
Shriya Saran attended Delhi Public School in Ranipur, Haridwar followed by Delhi Public School in Mathura Road, New Delhi. She majored in Bachelor of Arts (Literature) from Lady Shri Ram College for Women in New Delhi.
- Father – Pushpendra Saran Bhatnagar (Worked at Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL))
- Mother – Neeraja Saran Bhatnagar (Chemistry Teacher)
- Siblings – Abhiroop Saran (Older Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shriya Saran dated –
- Andrei Koscheev (m. 2018) – Shriya Saran married her Russian boyfriend Andrei Koscheev on 12 March 2018 at her Lokhandwala residence.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.98 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 36-25-35
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
She made herself known to the outside world with her Telugu debut film Ishtam in 2001. She played the role of Neha in the film, but her first commercially successful film was Santosham (2002).
She is widely recognized for her role Nandini Salgaonkar in the 2015 Hindi film, Drishyam alongside Ajay Devgan, which is the Malayalam remake of the same name.
She first appeared on television as a judge in a Tamil reality dance show Maanada Mayilada alongside Surya Sivakumar. She has also featured in several promotional talk shows.
Shriya Saran has appeared in a number of television commercials including Pond;s Creams, Coco-Cola, and Fair & lovely. She has been the face of popular brands like Pantene, Saravana Stores, Lux, Head & Shoulders, Brooke Bond Taj Mahal Tea, United Biscuits, Colgate Active Salt Healthy White, Karnataka Milk Federation, and Celebrity Cricket League (CCL).
- In 2010, Shriya was awarded T. Subbarami Reddy Lalitha Kala Parishath Awards for her Contributions to Telugu Cinema.
- She was featured on The Times of India’s list of “50 Most Desirable Women” for the consecutive five years from 2010.
- Shriya was named the Most Desirable Woman of South by Hyderabad Times straight for three years staring 2013.
- She was appointed the Brand Ambassador for SIIMA Awards from 2013 to 2015.
Awards & Nominations
|2008||Sivaji: The Boss||South Scope Style Award||Best Tamil Actress||Won|
|2008||Sivaji: The Boss||Vijay Award for Favorite Heroine||Favorite Heroine||Nominated|
|2009||Mission Istanbul||Stardust Exciting New Face Award||Stardust Exciting New Face Award||Won|
|2010||KanthaswamyThoranai||Amrita Mathrubhumi Award||Best Actress||Won|
|2010||Kanthaswamy||Vijay Award for Favourite Heroine||Favorite Heroine||Nominated|
|Rowthiram||ITFA Best Actress Award for Rowthiram||ITFA Best Actress||Won|
|2015||Manam||Filmfare Awards South||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|2015||Manam||TV9 TSR National Award for the year 2014||Best Actress||Won|
|Manam||SIIMA Award||Best Supporting Actress||Won|
|2015||Manam||Santosham Film Awards||Best Actress||Won|
|2016||Gopala Gopala||TV9 TSR National Award for the year 2015||Best Actress||Won|
|2017||Gautamiputra Satakarni||Santosham Film Awards||Best Actress||Won|
Shriya Saran Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Rajinikanth, BalaKrishna, Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan
- Favorite Actress – Madhu Bala, Madhuri Dixit
- Favorite Director – Krish, Shankar, S.S Rajamouli
- Favorite Food – Chapati, Kurma
- Favorite Color – Black, Red
- Favorite Dress – Saree
- Favorite Book – Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- Favorite Musician – A.R. Rahman
- Favorite Hobbies – Traveling, Dancing
Shriya Saran Net Worth
Shriya Saran has an estimated net worth of $15 million dollars as of 2019. She charges around Rs 1 crore per film as remuneration, and of course, the stylish and beautiful diva makes big from lucrative endorsement deals and television commercials. Shriya has a lot of endorsement deals under her name. The budding damsel lives in a luxury house in plush area of Mumbai. Her car collection is quite impressive that includes a lot of luxury cars including a Mercedes S-Class, a Jaguar XFJ but her favorite pick is her black Audi Q7.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shriya Saran
- Saran is a trained Kathak and Rajasthani folk dancer. She got her initial training from her mother and later trained by professional dancer, Shovana Narayan.
- Shriya Saran started modelling during her sophomore year in college, who was then offered a lead role in Ishtam, marking her debut in mainstream cinema.
- She has featured on the covers of famous magazines like Maxim India. Her striking beauty fetched her several lucrative endorsement deals, particularly beauty products.
- She stopped appearing in any of the soft drinks television commercials or print ads, as she firmly believes it isn’t good for children’s health.
- Not only Shriya is well known for her alluring glamours onscreen persona but also acclaimed as a kind-hearted person off the screen. She is a noted philanthropist and known for her charity works.
- Shriya is the brand ambassador for the Naandi Foundation and Save A Child’s Heart Foundation. She actively participates in campaigns and donates a lot for the needy, especially for the benefit of poor children.
- In 2003, Saran hosted the 50th Filmfare South Award with actor R. Madhavan.
- Shriya Saran was a part of Tamil director Mani Ratnam’s stage show, Netru, Indru, Naalai, an event which sought to raise funds for “The Banyan”.
- Shriya was the first actress, and the third celebrity after Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan to deliver a lecture to students at the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM-A) on 12 February 2010
- In 2011, she opened a Spa called Shree Spa, which exclusively employs the visually challenged.
- Shriya Saran is one of the richest and top paid actresses in the industry.