Samara Weaving is an Australian actress and model. She got her start in acting by portraying the role of Kirsten Mulroney in the Australian-produced BBC television series Out of the Blue and Indi Walker in the Australian soap-opera Home and Away. She has also starred in the Netflix film The Babysitter and the 2018 television miniseries Picnic at Hanging Rock. Since November 2017, Weaving has played Nelson Rose in comedy series SMILF.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Samara Weaving was born on February 23, 1992, in Adelaide, Australia.
She is currently 27 years old.
She has English and Belgian ancestry on her father’s side and Maltese ancestry on her mother’s side.
Samara went to a grade school in Jakarta. In between, she joined the Singapore Dance Company and then the Canberra Youth Theatre. In 2004, she joined the Pittwater House School and later, went on to study at Canberra Girls Grammar School in the same year. This is where she developed an interest in acting and simultaneously took part in theatre productions.
- Father – Simon Weaving (Film Maker & Artistic Director)
- Mother – Helena Bezzina
- Siblings – Morgan Weaving (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Hugo Weaving (Uncle) (Actor), Wallace Weaving (Paternal Grandfather) (Seismologist), Anne Holden Lennard (Paternal Grandmother)
Samara is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment & Untitled Entertainment.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Samara Weaving has dated –
- Axel Whitehead (2012) – Singer Axel Whitehead is believed to have dated Samara in 2012. However, their relationship was brief and didn’t last very long.
- Rob Moore (2013-2016) – British model Rob Moore and Samara met in 2013 and had been seen together in many posts on their social media profiles. They also attended many award ceremonies together. They dated for almost 3 years before breaking up in 2016.
- Feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- Centimeters – 165 cm
- Meters – 1.65 m
- Kilograms – 52 kg
- Pounds – 114 lbs
- Measurements – 35-27-36
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 27 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
Dark Brown (Natural)
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Her crowned performance in the main cast of Home and Away as Indigo Walker for which she was nominated at AACTA Awards for the Audience Choice Award in the “Best Female Performance in a Television Drama” category in 2012.
She made her theatrical film debut as Peggy in the mystery and thriller film Mystery Road in 2013.
Samara made her first TV show appearance as Kirsten Mulroney in the Australian-UK drama show Out of the Blue in 2008.
Samara has done endorsement work for brands such as Bonds.
Samara Weaving Favorites
Her favorite things are unknown.
Samara Weaving Net worth
Samara Weaving net worth is estimated at around $3 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – samweaving
- Twitter – Samara Weaving
Some Lesser Known Facts About Samara Weaving
- She spent parts of her childhood in Singapore, Fiji, Indonesia, before finally settling in Australia.
- Samara was the school’s drama captain at Canberra Girls Grammar School.
- In 2005, Samara moved to Canberra along with her family.
- In 2012, she modeled for an underwear brand ‘Bonds’ for the first time.
- She is the niece of the English-Australian actor Hugo Weaving. She acted alongside him in Mystery Road in 2013.
- In 2014, 2 years after she joined the company “Bonds” as a model, she made an appearance with professional surfer Owen Wright.
- To shoot for the primary role as Indigo Walker aka “Indi” for the TV show Home and Away, she moved from Canberra to Sydney.
- In 2016, an online hoax plagiarized Samara as a Facebook user posted a picture of her when she was on the set of Ash vs Evil Dead back in 2015 wearing in-act makeup. The user thought that she was beaten up by Donald Trump opponents.
- In 2017, Samara made a music video appearance in Charlie Puth‘s “Attention.”
- In 2018, Weaving appeared in the Picnic at Hanging Rock miniseries, alongside Natalie Dormer and Yael Stone.