Sam Heughan is a Scottish actor, best known for his acclaimed role as Jamie Fraser in the Starz series Outlander, for which he has received four nominations for the Saturn Awards, and a nomination for the Critics Choice Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series. He was nominated for a Laurence Olivier Award for Most Promising Performer in 2003, for his performance in the play Outlying Islands, performed at the Royal Court Theatre Upstairs. He also starred in the 2018 action-comedy film The Spy Who Dumped Me.
Sam Roland Heughan
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sam Heughan was born on 30 April 1980, in Balmaclellan, Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland.
He’s currently 38 year sold.
Heughan first joined Kells Primary School. At the age of 12, he shifted to James Gillespie’s High School where he stayed for only a year when he decided to make a transfer to Edinburgh Rudolph Steiner School. Upon his high school graduation, Sam continued his education at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama from where he got a diploma in 2003.
- Father – Cirdan Heughan
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Cirdan Heughan (Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sam Heughan dated –
- Amy Shiels (2013) – In 2013, a RUMOR linked Sam Heughan and the Actress Amy Shiels.
- Abbie Salt (2014) – Sam was RUMORed to be dating actress Abbie Salt in 2014.
- Cody Kennedy (2014) – In 2014, Heughan had fling with American actress Cody Kennedy.
- In feet – 6 feet 2½ inches
- In centimeters – 189 cm
- In meters – 1.89 m
- In Kilograms – 89 kg
- In Pounds – 196 lbs
- Measurements – 46-16.5-34
- Chest – 46 inches
- Biceps – 16.5 inches
- Waist – 34 inches
His role as Jamie Fraser in the Starz series Outlander.
In 2010, Sam Heughan made his onscreen acting debut with the film Young Alexander the Great for his role as Alexander.
In 2004, Sam performed in the ITV series Island at War as Philip Dorr. He appeared in total of 5 episodes.
In 2002, Sam debuted in theatre playing John in the theatrical show Outlying Islands at the Royal Court Theatre Upstairs in London.
Sam hasn’t signed an endorsement contract yet.
Sam Heughan Favorites
- Favorite Places – Kinloch Rannoch, Loch Rannoch, Mountain Schiehallion
- Favorite Movie – Alien (1979)
- Favorite TV Show – Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1993-1999)
Sam Heughan Net worth
Sam Heughan has an estimated net worth of $6 million dollars as of 2019. He owns a Maserati car.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Sam Heughan
- Instagram – samheughan
- Twitter – Sam Heughan
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sam Heughan
- When he was 5, Heughan’s family shifted to New Galloway.
- He moved to Edinburgh at the age of 12.
- Before Sam joined Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, he spent two years of traveling and working.
- In 2009, Heughan landed a recurring role as Scott Nielson, the boyfriend of Nurse Cherry Malone in the BBC soap opera Doctors, the role which earned him lots of fame.
- In 2010, Heughan played Hugh Tennent, founder of Tennent’s Lager, in a series of comical commercials, which won a number of awards at the Scottish Advertising Awards.
- His breakthrough role came in 2013, when he was opted to cast in the lead role of Jamie Fraser in the Starz series Outlander. The series was a huge success among TV audience which brought him international visibility and lavish revenue.
- He was nominated for a Laurence Olivier Award for Most Promising Performer in 2003, for his performance in the play Outlying Islands.
- In 2015, for his acts in the TV series Outlander, Sam received the Gold Derby TV Award for Drama Lead Actor. He was also selected for the Best Actor in a Drama Series during EWwy Awards and was nominated for Best Supporting Actor on Television by Saturn Awards.
- In 2015, Heughan started his own charitable foundation My Peak Challenge, which allows participants a sense of community and support as they work toward personal goals, while at the same time raising money for charity.
- In 2016, Heughan was made Barbour’s first Global Brand Ambassador.
- In 2018, he ran both the Stirling and EMF Edinburgh Marathons in the space of a month to raise money for Cahonas Scotland and their Testicular Cancer Education and Awareness Programme. He raised £38,224 for the charity.