Rebecca Black is an American YouTuber and singer who gained extensive media coverage when the music video for her 2011 single “Friday” went viral on YouTube and other social media sites. “Friday” was derided by many music critics and viewers, who dubbed it “the worst song ever”. Black went on to release other songs including her Dave Days collaboration “Saturday”. She currently uploads videos on her YouTube channel about various topics.
Rebecca Renee Black
YouTuber, Singer, Actress
RB Records, Maker Studios
Birthday / Date of Birth
Rebecca Black was born on June 21, 1997 in Irvine, California, United States.
She is currently 21 years old.
Multiracial (Hispanic and Caucasian)
She is of Mexican descent on her mother’s side, while Rebecca is of English, Italian and Polish descent on her father’s side.
Rebecca attended a private school from kindergarten to sixth grade, but left it to join a public school due to bullying. She also joined the newly joined school’s musical theater program. Soon, after certain time, she left that school too in order to complete her education by homeschooling. She chose this option due to bullying and to better focus on her music career.
- Father – John Jeffery Black (Veterinary physician)
- Mother – Georgina Marquez Kelly (Veterinary physician)
- Siblings – Chase Black (Younger Brother) (b. August 25, 1999)
She is represented by Debra Baum’s DB Entertainment.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rebecca Black dated –
- Caspar Lee (2013-Present) – South African personality, Caspar Lee was RUMORed to be dating Rebecca in April 2013.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds – 128 lbs
- Measurements – 36-26-35
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
The 2011 single “Friday” released via record label ARK Music Factory.
She debuted with 2011 animated film Legend of Kung Fu Rabbit. She gave the voice to the character Penny. The movie is originally a Chinese (released in China as Legend of a Rabbit) animated film and Rebecca appeared in its English dubbed version.
She has released a number of songs since 2011 – Friday, My Moment, Sing It, Person of Interest, In Your Words.
She has not endorsed any of the brands yet, but her song “Friday” was used in a Kohl’s ad.
Awards & Nominations
|2011||“Which Seat Can I Take?”||MTV O Music Awards||Favorite Animated GIF||Nominated|
|2011||Herself||2011 Teen Choice Awards||Choice Web Star||Won|
Rebecca Black Favorite
- Favorite Perfume – Tom Ford’s Black Orchid
- Favorite Lipgloss – Estee Lauder Nude Rose Lipgloss
- Favorite Photographer – Steven Meisel, Mario Sorrenti, Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott
- Favorite Shoe Designer – Christian Louboutin and Tabitha Simmons
- Favorite Food – Spanish
- Favorite Restaurant – Her Kitchen
Rebecca Black Net worth
Rebecca Black’s has a net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Rebecca Black
- Instagram – msrebeccablack
- Twitter – Rebecca Black
- YouTube Channel – rebecca
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rebecca Black
- Her parents divorced in 2003. At that time, Rebecca was in first grade.
- She has expressed her desire to perform a duet with Justin Bieber.
- In April 2011, she hosted MTV’s first online award show, The O Music Awards Fan Army Party.
- She was named as “Choice Web Star” in 2011 Teen Choice Awards.
- She has donated the profits from the sale of the song “Friday” to El Rancho Charter School and 2011 Japan Earthquake.
- In 2012, Black signed onto the Maker Studios YouTube network. She was also brought to Australia by Telstra to promote the launch of their 4G service.
- In August 26, 2016, Black released a new single titled “The Great Divide”, her first release of new material in almost three years. This was followed by another single, “Foolish”, on April 21, 2017.
- In September 1, 2017, she released the single “Heart Full of Scars”, as well as the track list for her debut EP, RE / BL.
- In June 2018, she appeared on BBC Radio 5 talking about cyber bullying, the adverse effects online attacks had on her and how cruel comments “stick with you forever”.
- Visit her official website @ rebeccablackonline.com.