Ramya Krishnan is an Indian film actress. Ramya has acted in over 200 films in five languages are Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam & Hindi. She has won four Filmfare Awards, three Nandi Awards and a Tamil Nadu State Film Award. Her most recent films are Baahubali: The Beginning where she played Sivagami, the Queen mother & Soggade Chinni Nayana where she played the role of Satyabhama.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ramya Krishnan was born on the 15th of September 1970, in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
She’s currently 49 years old.
Her educational qualifications are Graduate.
- Father – Krishnan
- Mother – Maaya
- Siblings – Vinaya Krishnan (Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ramya Krishnan has dated –
- Pasupuleti Krishna Vamsi (2003-Present) – In 12 June 2003, Ramya married Telugu film director Krishna Vamsi. They have a son.
- In feet – 5 feet 4¼ inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 65 kg
- In Pounds – 143 lbs
- Measurements – 34-28-36
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 28 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 8 (US).
Ramya is known for playing Neelambari in Padayappa which won her the Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Tamil. She portrayal of Sivagami Devi in the Baahubali series received universal acclaim.
In 1983, Ramya started her acting career in the Tamil film, Vellai Manasu, opposite Y. G. Mahendra. In 1984, Ramya made her first Telugu film, Kanchu Kagada directed by A. Kodandarami Reddy.
In 1986, Ramya made her first Malayalam film, Neram Pularumbol. In 1987, Ramya started her acting career in the Kannada film, Pushpaka Vimana directed by Singeetam Srinivasa Rao. In 1988, Ramya made her first Bollywood action film, Dayavan directed by Feroz Khan.
In 2006, Ramya landed her role in television by appearing as Judge in the series reality dance show, Jodi Number One on the Indian STAR Vijay channel.
Ramya Krishnan Favorites
Her favorite things are unknown.
Ramya Krishnan Net worth
Ramya Krishnan has an estimated net worth of $8 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ramya Krishnan
- Ramya received initial training in Bharathanatyam, Western and Kuchipudi dance forms and has given many stage performances.
- Ramya has won four Filmfare Awards, three Nandi Awards and a Tamil Nadu State Film Award.
- In 1997, Ramya appeared in Hindi film, Banarasi Babu.
- In 1997, she acted in Shaktimaan one of the most popular TV shows of the yesteryear as Shaliyaa.
- In 1998, she played the lead role in the Hindi action comedy film Bade Miyan Chote Miyan along with Amitabh Bachchan and Govinda.
- In 2003, she had worked in Kannada film, Raktha Kanneeru directed by Sadhu Kokila and starring Upendra and Ramya Krishna in the lead roles.
- In 2009, Ramya won the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress – Telugu romantic comedy-family drama film, Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam.
- In 2015, her most recent film, Baahubali: The Beginning where she played Sivagami, the Queen mother.
- In 2016, Ramya made her Telugu-language supernatural drama film, Soggade Chinni Nayana directed by Kalyan Krishna Kurasala.
- Ramya earned praise for her performance as Rajamatha Sivagami in Baahubali 2: The Conclusion.
- In 2019, Ramya acted in a viral historical drama web television series, Queen directed by Gautham Menon and Prasath Murugesan.