Playboi Carti is an American rapper, singer and songwriter. Formerly signed to Atlanta-based underground label Awful Records, Carter is currently signed to A$AP Mob’s AWGE Label and Interscope Records. His eponymous debut mixtape was released on April 14, 2017.
In 2018, Carti released his first full-length album, Die Lit which debuted at number three on the US Billboard 200 chart. His second studio album, Whole Lotta Red is yet to be released. He has modeled for popular fashion labels such as Louis Vuitton, Kanye West’s Yeezy Season 5 and Drake’s OVO Lookbook among many others.
Jordan Terrell Carter
Playboi Carti, Sir Cartier, Cash Carti, Young Carti, A$AP Carti
Rapper, Songwriter, Model
Hip Hop, Lo-Fi
Awful Records (Former), AWGE Label, Interscope Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Playboi Carti was born on the 13th of September 1996, in Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
He’s currently 23 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Playboi studied at North Springs Charter High School which is a public secondary school in Sandy Springs, Georgia, United States. He skipped high school classes regularly to work on his music or go to his job at H&M.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – UnoTheActivist (Cousin) (Rapper)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Playboi Carti has dated –
- Justine Skye (2014-2016) – Playboi Carti started dating singer, songwriter, actress, and model, Justine Skye, in 2014. They went out for around a period of 2 years and were seen together on plenty of occasions. However, things did not work out for the couple and they decided to call it quits in May 2016.
- Rubi Rose (2015-2017) – Rubi Rose is a glamor model who started going out with Playboi Carti in 2015. However, in 2017, the duo decided to part ways after seeing one another for around 2 years.
- Blac Chyna (2017-2018) – Carti started dating video vixen, model, former exotic performer and entrepreneur, Blac Chyna, in the latter part of the year 2017. The couple was spotted together on several occasions. However, they were only together for a short duration of around 4 months before they finally made their minds to head separate ways in January 2018.
- Iggy Azalea (2018-2019) – In September 2018, Playboi Carti started going out with Australian rapper, singer, songwriter, and model, Iggy Azalea. They were seen together by various sources on a number of occasions. However, at the start of the year 2019, it was speculated that the couple’s short-lived romance had fizzled out as they decided to part ways in January 2019.
- In feet – 6 feet 1 inches
- In centimeters – 186 cm
- In meters – 1.86 m
- In Kilograms – 75 kg
- In Pounds – 165 lbs
His shoe size is 12 (US).
Carti released his first self-titled mixtape in April 2017 to critical acclaim. It charted at number twelve on the Billboard 200 chart. The mixtape included hits singles like Magnolia and Woke Up Like This and also had guest appearances from Lil Uzi Vert, A$AP Rocky and Leven Kali.
In May 11, 2018, Playboi Carti released his first studio album, Die Lit via AWGE Label and Interscope Records. The album was ranked at number #2 in the U.S. Top R&B /Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart, at number #3 in the U.S. Billboard 200 chart and at number #9 in the Canadian Albums (Billboard) chart while getting placed at number #62 in the U.S. Billboard 200 year-end chart.
In 1986, her first feature film appearance was in Alex Cox’s biopic, Sid and Nancy in which she played a small role as Gretchen.
In June 2017, Playboi guest appeared on an episode of the comedy music talk-show, Jimmy Kimmel Live!. The show also featured guests such as actress and fashion model, Elle Fanning and actor, writer and director, Paul W. Downs.
Playboi has been a part of commercials for several brands such as Adidas and Nike.
Playboi Carti Favorites
- Favorite Brands – Raf Simons and Balmain
- Favorite Basketball Players – Michael Jordan, Tracy McGrady, Vince Carter
- Favorite Destination – Paris
Playboi Carti Net worth
Playboi Carti has an estimated net worth of $9 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Playboi Carti
- Instagram – playboicarti
- Twitter – Playboi Carti
- YouTube Channel – Playboi Carti
Some Lesser Known Facts About Playboi Carti
- He grew up in Riverdale, Clayton County, Georgia and got started very early on her path to stardom.
- As a fashion model, Carti has walked the runway for Virgil Abloh and his brand Off-White and appeared in Nike’s commercial.
- In 2012, he began his music career under the name Sir Cartier and later changed his stage name to Playboi Carti.
- In the early years of her career, he produced music through he label Awful Records.
- In 2016, he was featured on the A$AP Mob’s single Telephone Calls from their album Cozy Tapes Vol. 1: Friends. The same year, Carti signed to the A$AP Mob’s AWGE imprint and Interscope Records.
- Playboi Carti’s music is influenced by rappers such as Gucci Mane, Young Thug, A$AP Rocky, Lil Uzi Vert, Chief Keef, Yung Lean and Lil Wayne.
- Carti considers Kanye West and A$AP Rocky inspirations for his fashion style.
- Playboi has collaborated with fellow artists including Frank Ocean, Nicki Minaj, Young Thug, Skepta, Tyler, the Creator, Yung Gleesh, Lana Del Rey, Lil Uzi Vert, Bryson Tiller, Travis Scott, Chief Keef and Pi’erre Bourne.
- In 2017, the XXL magazine named Playboi Carti as its one of the 10 2017 Freshman Class. That same year he was featured on Lana del Rey’s single Summer Bummer from her album Lust For Life.
- In July 2017, Carter was arrested for domestic abuse charges after arguing with his girlfriend outside of the Los Angeles International Airport and then grabbing her by her backpack and pulling her out of the terminal. In August, it was announced that Carter would not face domestic abuse charges.
- In August 2018, Carter revealed via Twitter that he had been diagnosed with asthma. He was later seen with an inhaler.
- Visit his official website @ cashcarti.com.