Phoebe Tonkin is an Australian actress and model. She is best known for portraying Cleo Sertori in H2O: Just Add Water, Fiona Maxwell in Tomorrow, When the War Began, Faye Chamberlain in The Secret Circle, and Hayley Marshall in The CWseries The Vampire Diaries and its spin-off series The Originals.
Phoebe Jane Elizabeth Tonkin
Birthday / Date of Birth
Phoebe Tonkin was born on July 12, 1989 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
She is currently 29 years old.
Phoebe attended Australian Theatre for Young People (ATYP) at the Wharf Theatre at 12. Tonkin graduated from Queenwood School for Girls in Balmoral, New South Wales.
- Father – Nicholas Tonkin
- Mother – Jannyfer Tonkin
- Siblings – Abby Tonkin (Sister)
As a model, Phoebe was signed to Chic Management.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Phoebe Tonkin dated –
- Tom Felton (2006-2008) – From June 2006 to November 2008, British actor, Tom Felton dated Australian model turned actress, Phoebe.
- Ed Westwick (2011) – English actor, Ed and Phoebe became an item during the first quarter of 2011.
- Xavier Samuel (2011) – Australian actor, Xavier Samuel started dating Phoebe in April 2011, when they first met on the set of “Shark Night”. Their relationship lasted until December 2011.
- Chris Zylka (2013) – American actor and The Secret Circle co-star, Chris Zylka dated Phoebe from February to April 2013.
- Paul Wesley (2013-2017) – American actor, Paul and Phoebe dated each other from July 2013 to March 2017.
- In feet – 5 feet 7¾ inches
- In centimeters – 172 cm
- In meters -1.72 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 124 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-34
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size -32B
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 2 (US).
In 2010, she played Fiona Maxwell in the Australian drama film Tomorrow, When the War Began.
From 2006 to 2010, Tonkin starred in teenager based television show H2O: Just Add Water as Cleo Sertori. She appeared in a total of 78 episodes.
Tonkin met with critical acclaim for her role as Hayley Marshall in the CW series ‘”The Vampire Diaries” from 2012 to 2013. She reprise her role in its spin-off, “The Originals” from 2013 to 2018. She is also known for playing the lead role of Faye Chamberlain in the supernatural teen drama The Secret Circle from 2011 to 2012.
Tonkin has appeared in a number of TV commercials, including Vauxhall Motors and has done shoots and editorials for Girlfriend, Teen Vogue, Elle Australia, Complex, Miss Vogue, Vogue Australia, Dolly and Free People. She served as the face of New York-based stylist Ilona Hamer’s swimwear line “Matteau Swim” from 2015 to 2017. In September 2017, she appeared in the ad campaign “Journey To The Wild Side” for Smythson.
Awards & Nominations
|2008||AFI Awards||Best Lead Actress in Television Drama||H2O: Just Add Water||Nominated|
|2015||Maxim Hot 100||Readers’ Choice||N/A||#52|
|2015||Maxim Hot 100||The Actresses||N/A||#5|
Phoebe Tonkin Favorites
- Favorite Snack – Dates
- Favorite Movie – The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)
- Favorite Bands – Radiohead, The Black Keys
- Favorite Books – “Lolita” by Vladimir Nabokov, “The China Study” by T. Colin Campbell and Thomas M. Campbell
Phoebe Tonkin Net Worth
Tonkin’s net worth is currently estimated at $4 million dollars. She lives in Los Angeles, California.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Phoebe Tonkin
- She started taking dance lessons in classical ballet, hip hop, contemporary dance, and tap dance from a tender age of 4.
- After achieving initial success in both television and films in Australia she moved to Los Angeles in 2011 to get her hands in Hollywood.
- She is close friends with fellow Australian actress Margot Robbie.
- In 2011, she appeared in the music video for the track “Don’t Let Go” by Miles Fisher.
- She is friends with Claire Holt.
- In 2012, along with actress friend Teresa Palmer, she opened a health related website named Yourzenlife.com.
- In September 2018, she was announced as one of the models appearing in a digital campaign for Chanel’s Gabrielle line of products.