Phil Morris is an American actor. He played Jackie Chiles on Seinfeld, John Jones on The CW series Smallville and Silas Stone in Doom Patrol. He also voiced Doc Saturday on The Secret Saturdays and Dr. Joshua Strongbear Sweet in Atlantis: The Lost Empire and related media. He’s been entertaining audiences for over 30 years with his amazing performances in both big and small productions. You might have seen him in famous shows like “Seinfeld” or “The West Wing”, or in blockbuster movies like “Atlantis: The Lost Empire” and “Star Trek III: The Search for Spock”. With his incredible range of acting skills, Morris has become a well-loved figure in Hollywood.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Phil Morris was born on the 4th of April 1959, in Iowa City, Iowa, United States.
He’s currently 64 years old.
He is of African-American descent.
His educational qualifications are unknown.
- Father – Greg Morris (Actor)
- Mother – Lee Morris
- Siblings – Iona Morris (Older Sister) (Actress), Linda Morris (Younger Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Phil Morris has dated –
- Carla Gittelson (1983-Present) – On September 24, 1983, Morris tied the knot with interior designer Carla Gittelson. They have a son named Jordan and a daughter named Rachel.
- In feet – 6 feet 1 inches
- In centimeters – 186 cm
- In meters – 1.86 m
- In Kilograms – 72 kg
- In Pounds – 159 lbs
He wears a size 11.5 (US) shoe.
Phil became known as a actor and voice actor who rose to fame after playing the role of Jackie Chiles on the sitcom television series, Seinfeld (1993–1998). He gained further popularity by appearing in several other TV shows including Smallville (2006-2010) where he portrayed the part of John Jones and after starring in numerous films like, Stonerville (2011) in which he essayed the role of Clay Redding.
In 1984, Morris had his first film onscreen role in the movie, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock as Trainee Foster and he made his theatrical film debut as Eddie Gordon in the crime-thriller movie, P.I. Private Investigations (1987).
In 1966, Phil landed his first role in television by appearing as Boy in the series, Star Trek: The Original Series.
Morris has appeared in the commercials for several brands such as Honda and Diet Dr. Pepper.
Phil Morris Net worth
Phil Morris has an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – thephilmorris
Some Lesser Known Facts About Phil Morris
- Morris is the son of actor Greg Morris. His paternal grandfather was jazz trumpeter Francis Williams. Phil has two siblings, one of whom is actress Iona Morris.
- His father was friends with other successful African American actors, including Sidney Poitier and Bill Cosby, and Phil grew up viewing them as role models.
- He is a practitioner of Wing Chun under Sifu Hawkins Cheung.
- In 1966, Morris’s first acting role was as a child when he appeared Star Trek episode “Miri.” Star Trek was, at the time, shot at the same studio (Desilu Productions) that produced Mission: Impossible.
- He made his feature film debut in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock in a small role and later guest starred on Babylon 5, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and Star Trek: Voyager.
- Morris voiced the supporting role of Dr. Sweet in Disney’s 2001 film Atlantis: The Lost Empire as well as its 2003 sequel, Atlantis: Milo’s Return.
- His hard work and dedication have made him a respected figure in the industry, and his impressive body of work has cemented his place as one of the most talented actors working today.
- As a voice actor, he portrayed the villains Imperiex on Legion of Superheroes, and as the Immortal Caveman Vandal Savage on Justice League and Justice League: Doom.
- Throughout his career, Morris has demonstrated a deep passion for his craft and a commitment to excellence.