Ong Seong-wu is a South Korean singer and actor. He is known for his participation in the survival reality show Produce 101 Season 2, where he finished in fifth place, and is a former member of the show’s derivative boy group Wanna One. Following Wanna One’s disbandment, Ong made his acting debut with cast At Eighteen. On March 25, 2020, Ong also established his career as a solo artist with the release of his first extended play, Layers.
K-pop, Synth, Soft rock, R&B
Fantagio, YMC, Swing
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ong Seong-wu was born on the 25th of August 1995, in Incheon, South Korea.
He’s currently 27 years old.
He has South Korean ancestry.
Seong-wu attended Guwol Middle School, followed by Hanlim Multi Art School. In 2014, he graduated from Dong Seoul University as dance and acting major.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ong Seong-wu has dated –
Ong has largely opted to keep his personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about his love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 177.8 cm
- In meters – 1.778 m
- In Kilograms – 63 kg
- In Pounds – 139 lbs
He often dyes his hair and has colored his hair pink, red, blonde, silver, and brown.
He wears a size 10.5 (US) shoe.
Ong became known for his participation in the survival reality show Produce 101 Season 2, where he finished in fifth place, and is a former member of the show’s derivative boy group Wanna One.
On August 7, 2017, Seong-wu debuted as a member of the project group Wanna One. His group made a special appearance in various shows like Saturday Night Live Korea (2011), The Return of Superman (2013), and Happy Together (2018). In November, Ong featured in singer Huh Gak’s music video for his digital single Only You.
In 2017, Ong had his first film onscreen role in the movie (Short film) Seong-wu Is Alright as Seong-wu and he made his theatrical film debut as Jung-woo in the thriller movie Life Is Beautiful (2022).
In 2019, Seong-wu landed his first role in television by appearing as Choi Jun-woo in the series, At Eighteen.
Ong has done endorsement work for several brands such as Bang Bang Apparel Co., Ltd., Euro Home Furnishing, and Cat Beauty.
Ong Seong-wu Net worth
Ong Seong-wu has an estimated net worth of $850K dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – osw_onge
- Twitter – Ong Seong-wu
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ong Seong-wu
- Seong-wu was born in a Protestantism (Methodist) family. He is the youngest of two children, with one elder sister.
- He was encouraged by his mother to pick up a musical instrument and started playing the drums after his sister began learning the piano.
- In 2008, while playing the drums at a band contest Ong was scouted as a trainee by the now-defunct entertainment company Lion Media.
- In August 2016, he signed as an acting trainee with his current company Fantagio at the recommendation of one of his university professors.
- On August 7, 2017, Ong debuted as a member of the project group Wanna One . He went on to represent the group in several appearances on variety shows such as Happy Together, The Return of Superman, and Saturday Night Live Korea.
- Seong-wu appeared on Living Together in Empty Room with Kang Daniel and Kim Jae-hwan, and also became a cast member of the reality show Law of the Jungle Sabah, with his fellow group mate Ha Sung-woon, which aired from July 27, 2018, to September 21, 2018.
- In 2021, Ong has been confirmed to appear in the drama Shall We Have A Cup of Coffee?. It airs on KakaoTV and is confirmed to join the Netflix film Seoul Vibe, which is expected to air in 2022. Ong appeared alongside dancer, Noze, in Lee Seung-hwan and Sunwoo Jung-a’s music video for the song How could you released on November 18, 2021.