Nick Baumgartner is an American snowboarder. He competes in snowboard cross (SBX) and qualified for the 2010 Winter Olympics. He won the gold and silver medals in the 2011 and 2012 Winter X Games. Baumgartner began off-road racing in 2011, winning the Rookie of the Year “Stock Truck” award before advancing to Pro Light trucks. Nick competed in the 2014 Winter Olympics and won his first Olympic gold at the age of 40 in the 2022 Winter Olympics when he and teammate Lindsey Jacobellis won the inaugural Olympic mixed snowboard cross race.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Nick Baumgartner was born on the 17th of December 1981, in Iron River, Michigan, United States.
He’s currently 41 years old.
He has American ancestry.
Nick attended West Iron County High School where he was an Upper Peninsula of Michigan silver medalist hurdler. Graduated from Northern Michigan University.
- Father – Robert Baumgartner
- Mother – Mary Baumgartner
- Siblings – Ida Baumgartner, Josh Baumgartner, Robby Baumgartner, Beau Baumgartner
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nick Baumgartner has dated –
Nick largely opted to keep his personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about his love life and dating history.
- In feet – 6 feet
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 76 kg
- In Pounds – 167 lbs
Baumgartner became known as an American snowboarder from Iron River, Michigan. He competes in snowboard cross (SBX) and qualified for the 2010 Winter Olympics. He won the gold and silver medals in the 2011 and 2012 Winter X Games.
Nick Baumgartner Net worth
Nick Baumgartner has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nick Baumgartner
- Baumgartner was born in Iron River, Michigan, U.S.
- In 2009 he earned a bronze medal for the World Champion competition season with five Top 10 finishes and two podium finishes.
- On January 26, 2010, he was announced as a member of the United States team for the 2010 Winter Olympics.
- In 2011, he began racing in the entry-level Stock Truck class in the Traxxas TORC Series.
- On January 17, 2011, after not being chosen to attend the World Championship competition, Baumgartner went to train at Copper Mountain, where he was in an accident that broke his collar bone.
- On January 30, 2011, Baumgartner won the gold medal at the Winter X Games XV in Aspen, Colorado.
- In March 2011, he also won the World Cup.
- On December 5, 2013, Baumgartner’s selection to the 2014 Winter Olympics team was announced. He was placed on the snowboard cross A team for the Olympics in a coach’s discretionary spot over Seth Wescott because of his consistency at World Cup events.
- In 2022, Nick won an Olympic gold medal at the 2022 Winter Olympics with his teammate Lindsey Jacobellis for the inaugural mixed snowboard cross event.