Michael Polish is an American film director, producer and screenwriter who is best known for making films with his twin brother and writer Mark Polish. They together worked in movies like Twin Falls Idaho, The Good Thief, The Astronaut Farmer, Big Sur and Against the Clock. In 2020, Michael directed the action-drama movie Force Of Nature that stars Mel Gibson and Kate Bosworth.
Actor, Director, Producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Michael Polish was born on the 30th of October 1970, in El Centro, California, United States.
He’s currently 51 years old.
He has Austrian and Mexican ancestry.
Michael joined at Rocklin Elementary and later he graduated from Roseville High, California. Similarly, he studied at the California Institution of Arts in California, USA.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Mark Polish (Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael Polish has dated –
- Jo Strettell (1998-2004) – In 1998, Michael had married makeup artist Jo Strettell and got divorced in 2004. Together they have a daughter Jasper Polish.
- Kate Bosworth (2013-2021) – Michael was married to Kate Bosworth. Kate is an American actress and model. In July 2011, The couple met in the set of Big Sur and started dating each other. In August 2012, Bosworth and Polish announced their engagement. In 2013, have married in Philipsburg, Montana. In August 2021, Polish announced her separation from Bosworth.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 70 kg
- In Pounds – 154 lbs
He wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Polish became known after appearing as a film maker with his twin brother and writer Mark Polish. His the best movies are 90 Minutes in Heaven (2015), Big Sur (2013), The Astronaut Farmer (2006), Twin Falls Idaho (1999) and Northfork (2003). He was nominated for Independent Spirit Award for Best First Feature.
In 1999, Michael had her first film directed and wrote movie Twin Fall Idaho.
Michael Polish Net worth
Michael Polish has an estimated net worth of $3.5 million dollars as of 2022.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Michael Polish
- Michael Polish has worked in the Hollywood entertainment industry and his artwork has been released in English language movies.
- He and Mark burst onto the scene with Twin Falls Idaho, a story about conjoined twins written and directed by real-life twins
- In 2000, Polish brothers followed up Twin Falls with Jackpot, the story of a deluded karaoke singer (Jon Gries) on a tour of American dive-bars. It won the 2001 Independent Spirit John Cassavetes Award and the 2001 Seattle International Film Festival New American Cinema Award.
- In 2003, His critically acclaimed film Northfolk starred James Woods.
- Polish has celebrated the total number of 52 birthdays till date.
- He wrote Jackpot, the story of a deluded Karaoke singer on a tour of American dive-bars.
- In 2013, Michael directed American adventure drama, Big Sur, an adaptation of the 1962 novel of the same name by Jack Kerouac.
- In 2014, Polish was announced that Mark would write, direct, and star in Headlock. The film also starred Dianna Agron and Andy Garcia.