Melissa Peterman is an American actress and comedian. She has played the role of Barbra Jean in the television comedy series Reba, appeared as Bonnie Wheeler in the ABC Family/Freeform series Baby Daddy, and was host of ABC Family’s Dancing Fools, ABC’s Bet on Your Baby, and CMT’s The Singing Bee. In 2017, she has played Brenda Sparks in The Big Bang Theory spinoff series Young Sheldon. In August 2022, Melissa is the host of the television game show Person, Place, or Thing on the Fox network.
Melissa Margaret Peterman
Actress, Comedian, Producer, Writer, Television Host, Voiceover Artist
Birthday / Date of Birth
Melissa Peterman was born on the 1st of July 1971, in Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States.
She’s currently 51 years old.
Peterman graduating from Burnsville High School, she attended Minnesota State University, Mankato where she majored in theater.
- Father – David Allen/Allan Peterman
- Mother – Pamela Diane (Peterson)
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melissa Peterman has dated –
- John Brady (1997-Present) – In 1997, Melissa started dating actor John Brady. In June 1999, after dating for about two years, they got married in an intimate wedding ceremony. In 2005, she gave birth to a baby boy Riley David.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 m
- In Kilograms – 67 kg
- In Pounds – 148 lbs
- Measurements – 36-30-37
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 30 inches
- Hip – 37 inches
- Bra Size – 34D
She wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 8 (US).
Melissa became known for Playing Barbara Jean in The WB sitcom Reba and as Bonnie Wheeler in the Freeform sitcom Baby Daddy.
In 1996, Peterman had her first film onscreen role in the dark comedy thriller film Fargo as Hooker #2.
In 2000, Melissa Peterman landed her first role in television by guest appearing as Claire in an episode of the NBC sitcom Just Shoot Me.
Peterman has done endorsement work for several brands such as Kia Automobiles (2002), Tyson Any’tizers, Amazon Kindle Fire HD Kids Edition.
Melissa Peterman Net worth
Melissa Peterman has an estimated net worth of $8 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Melissa Peterman
- Instagram – melissapeterman
- Twitter – Melissa Peterman
Some Lesser Known Facts About Melissa Peterman
- Peterman was born in Edina, Minnesota, and grew up in nearby Burnsville.
- Upon graduating from Minnesota State, Peterman was cast as Madeline Monroe in Hey City Theater’s production of Tony n’ Tina’s Wedding. After more than 600 performances, she went on to write and perform at Brave New Workshop, the improvisational comedy theatre in Minneapolis.
- In 1996, Peterman made her film debut as “Hooker #2” in the Oscar-winning Coen brothers’ movie Fargo.
- In 2001, she was cast as Barbra Jean Booker-Hart in Reba opposite country music star Reba McEntire and television veteran Christopher Rich. The show was the most-watched comedy on The WB in its debut season.
- In February 2010, she had inked a contract with Big Machine Records to release her comedy album. However, the project was scrapped later on.
- In 2012, she played the role of Lauren Voss sports comedy film, Here Comes the Boom, starring Kevin James, Salma Hayek, and Henry Winkler.
- Melissa is an active supporter of the David Foster Foundation, which extends financial support to families that have children in need of an organ transplant.
- In 2018, she started appearing in the recurring role of Brenda Sparks, Billy’s mother and Mary’s nemesis who works at the bowling alley frequented by Meemaw, in the CBS period sitcom, Young Sheldon, which is a spin-off prequel to The Big Bang Theory.
- In August 2022, Peterm an is the host of TV game show Person, Place, or Thing on the Fox network.