Melania Trump is a Slovenian-American former fashion model and as wife of the 45th U.S. President Donald Trump, the current First Lady of the United States. She is second American First Lady born outside the U.S. She worked as a fashion model through agencies in Milan and Paris, later moving to New York City in 1996. Her modeling career was associated with Irene Marie Models and Trump Model Management. In 2001, she became a permanent resident of the United States. She married Donald Trump in 2005 and obtained U.S. citizenship in 2006. She is the second Catholic, after Jacqueline Kennedy and the first naturalized U.S. citizen to become First Lady of the United States.
Former Model, Socialite and United States First Lady
Birthday / Date of Birth
She was born on April 26, 1970 in Novo Mesto, SR Slovenia, SFR Yugoslavia.
She is 49 years old.
Anglican / Episcopalian
When Melania was 7 years old, she was enrolled at the Sevnica Elementary School from where she completed her primary school education at 15. Her family then moved to Slovenian capital Ljubljana, where she was enrolled in a technical high school. After completing her high school education, she joined the University of Ljubljana to pursue studies in architecture. However, she couldn’t complete her university studies as she was discovered by a renowned fashion photographer.
- Father – Viktor Knavs (car and motorcycle dealer)
- Mother – Amalija Ulčnik (Pattern maker at children’s clothing factory)
- Siblings – Ines Knavs (Younger Sister), Denis Cigelnjak (Older Step-Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melania Trump has dated –
- Donald Trump (1998-Present) – Melania first met Donald Trump in 1998 at a New York Fashion Week party. Trump had arrived with a date but after noticing Melania, he sent her to washroom to talk with Melania for couple of minutes. During the short chat, he asked for her number but being wary of his reputation and fact that he had arrived with a date and was asking her number, she asked him to give his number instead. Contrary to her expectation, he gave her all his numbers. After some months of dating, Melania ended their relationship due to trust issues. However, six months later, they were back again. In 1999, their relationship became a public knowledge as Trump boasted about their love life and Melania’s assets in The Howard Stern Show. They got engaged in 2004 and got married in an outrageously lavish wedding with a reception held at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate. In March 2006, Melania gave birth to a son, Barron William Trump.
- In feet – 5 feet 11 inches
- In centimeters – 180 cm
- In meters – 1.8 m
- In Kilograms – 62 kg
- In Pounds – 137 lbs
- Measurements – 38-26-37
- Bust – 38 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 37 inches
- Bra Size – 34C
She wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Melania Trump is well known as the wife of the 45th President of United States of America.
She made her first film appearance in an uncredited role as herself in 2001 comedy movie Zoolander.
In 1993, she starred in a TV advert in Slovenia for a clothing brand that had cast her in the role of US president in the advert. The advertisement was available on YouTube but was taken down during US elections. She was also featured in the print adverts for Donald Trump’s line of cologne for men. As a model, she has done adverts for A. Link, Charles & Colvard, Panasonic and Remington. She was the celebrity judge in the Miss USA contest in 2003.
Melania has not appeared in a commercial for any brand yet.
Melania Trump Favorites
- Favorite Politician – Donald Trump
- Favorite Food – Pizzas, Salads
- Favorite Color – Pink
- Favorite Film – Zoolander (2001)
- Favorite Hobbies – Designing Jewelry, Travelling
Melania Trump Net worth
Melania Trump net worth is estimated to be $60 million as of 2019. Most of her earnings were from when she was active in modeling and her current share of income comes from her business ventures, including a skincare line, a Jewellery line and other things.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Melania Trump
- She can fluently speak in six languages English, Serbo-Croatian, Italian, French, German and her native Slovene.
- Melania and Trump singed a prenuptial agreement in 2005 before their marriage. As per agreement, she can’t take possession of her husband Donald Trump wealth.
- She has her own line of jewelry called ‘Melania Timepieces & Jewelry’ in collaboration with QVC. She also runs her own line of cosmetics and perfume.
- In 2000, Melania Trump has featured in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
- She had also featured on the covers of world’s renowned magazines like In Style Weddings, New York Magazine, Avenue, Philadelphia Style, Vanity Fair and Vogue.
- Melania Trump’s engagement ring is worth $2 Million which is made up of with rarest collection of diamonds.
- Much of her earnings come from her jewelry line, investments and also retains the wealth that she earned during her modelling career.
- Melania Trump has also collaborated with a number of charities and social works like Breast Cancer Research Foundation, The American Red Cross, Martha Graham Dance Company, the Police Athletic League, The Boy’s Club of New York, and the Fifth Annual National Love Our Children Day.
- Melania Trump holds the distinction of being the only US first lady to pose naked for a magazine. That photoshoot was done in 1996 for a French magazine.
- After Louisa Adams (wife of the sixth president John Quincy), she is the second US first lady to be born in a foreign country.
- Despite herself being an immigrant, she is a staunch supporter of her husband Trump’s hardline stance on the immigration issue.
- She often calls her son Barron ‘Little Donald’ due to his autocratic and short tempered behavior like his father.
- Melania was discovered at the age of 17 by famous photographer Stane Jerko in a modeling competition held in Ljubljana.
- Melania is the first United States first lady to be born in a communist country.
- Melania has appeared in 2000 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
- Over the course of years, she has launched her own line of jewelry and cosmetics.