MC Ride is an American rapper, songwriter, and visual artist who is best known as the frontman of an experimental hip-hop group (formed in 2010) called Death Grips. He began his career in the late 1990s, before forming Death Grips with drummer Zach Hill and keyboardist Andy Morin in 2010. With the group, he has released the studio albums The Money Store, No Love Deep Web ,Government Plates, The Powers That B, Bottomless Pit, and Year of the Snitch. Ride has also published multiple other EPs and mixtapes.
Stefan Corbin Burnett
MC Ride, Mxlplx, Ride
Rapper, Songwriter, Visual Artist
Hip Hop, Electronica, Experimental Hip Hop, Punk, Rap, Digital Hardcore, Punk Rap, Noise Rock, Glitch Hop, Hardcore Punk, Industrial Hip Hop, Rap Rock
Epic Records, Harvest Records, Third Worlds
Birthday / Date of Birth
MC Ride was born on the 10th of May 1978, in Sacramento, Sacramento County, California, United States.
He’s currently 45 years old.
He has African-American ancestry.
Ride joined Hampton University, a private, historically black, research university in Hampton, Virginia, United States. He was studying visual arts there but dropped out before completing the course.
- Father – Errol Burnett
- Mother – Naomi Burnett
- Siblings –Issac Burnett aka Swank Daddy
Girlfriend / Spouse
MC Ride has dated –
Ride has largely opted to keep his personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about his love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 11 inch
- In centimeters – 181 cm
- In meters – 1.81 m
- In Kilograms – 76 kg
- In Pounds – 168 lbs
MC known profoundly for his aggressive rapping style. Most well known for fronting the California rap group Death Grips.
In 1990, Ride started his career performing under the stage name Mxlplx. A few months later, he formed a hip-hop group called Fyre with his brother Issac and another rapper.
MC Ride Net worth
MC Ride has an estimated net worth of $7 million dollars as of 2023.
Some Lesser Known Facts About MC Ride
- MC was born in Sacramento, Sacramento County, California, United States.
- Ride started his career in the late 1990s, performing under the stage name ‘Mxlplx’. A few months later, he formed a hip-hop group called Fyre with his brother Issac and another rapper.
- Between then and the formation of Death Grips in 2010, he had taken a break from music working at a pizzeria and a bakery in his hometown of Sacramento. During this time, he also kickstarted his side career as a visual artist.
- In March 2011, Death Grips self-released its self-titled debut EP. About a month later, the group released a mixtape titled Exmilitary which was critically acclaimed and earned them a lot of attention from multiple record labels. The group signed up with Epic Records in 2012 and released its debut album (titled The Money Store) in April 2012.
- Death Grips leaked its 2nd studio album (titled No Love Deep Web) because Epic Records was unwilling to release it until 2013. The label responded by dropping the group from its roster.
- In a 2012 interview, Ride stated that he was a private person and also very distrustful of the news media. Consequently, he had no interest in sharing details about his personal life with the rest of the world.
- In July 2014, Death Grips announced its disbandment by posting a photo of that breakup statement (that was written on a napkin) on Twitter. However, the group patched up a few months later and even released an instrumental soundtrack titled Fashion Week in January 2015.
- Besides his work as a musician, MC has a side career as a visual artist. His work revolves around dark, monochromatic portraits, and his first exhibition was held in Los Angeles in January 2017.