Max Gail is an actor who has starred on stage, and in television and film roles. He is best known for his role as Detective Stan “Wojo” Wojciehowicz on the sitcom Barney Miller, which earned him two consecutive Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series nominations. Gail also won the 2019 and 2021 Daytime Emmy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role as Mike Corbin on the soap opera General Hospital.
Maxwell Trowbridge Gail Jr.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Max Gail was born on the 5th of April 1943, in Detroit, Michigan, United States.
He’s currently 79 years old.
Max studied in Grosse Ile High School and after completion Gail enrolled in Williams Collège.
- Father – Maxwell Trowbridge Gail
- Mother – Mary Elizabeth Gail
- Siblings – Mary Gail (Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Max Gail has dated –
- Willie Beir – Max Gail’s first wife’s name is Max Gail’s first wife’s name is Willie Beir. In 1983, Willie and Max married.
- Nan Harris (1986-2000) – In 1986, Max married his second wife Nan Harris, and they have two children together, Maxwell and Grace. He and Nan also raised Nan’s nephew, named Delondon. His second wife, Nan, and he have two children, Maxwell and Grace. In 2000, they separated amicably.
- Chris Kaul (2007-Present) – In 2007, Max has been in a relationship with Chris Kaul.
- In feet – 6 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 182 cm
- In meters – 1.82 m
- In Kilograms – 70 kg
- In Pounds – 154 lbs.
He wears a size 10.5 (US) shoe.
Gail is famous for his role as Detective Stan “Wojo” Wojciehowicz on the sitcom Barney Miller (1975–1982), which earned him two consecutive Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series nominations. Beside that he is renowned for appearing in many movies including The Organization (1971), Dirty Harry (1971), Night Moves (1975), Cardiac Arrest (1980), D.C. Cab (1983), Heartbreakers.
In 1971, Max made his debut film appearance with his portrayal of the supporting character Tunnel Hoodlum, in the action crime thriller Dirty Harry.
In 1971, Max made his debut TV series appearance with his portrayal of Patrolman in the episode The Priest Killer of the mystery crime drama Ironside, and the following years saw him appear in an episode or two of various series, such as the action crime drama Cannon since 2007, another action crime drama Shaft, and the drama Get Christie Love!
Max Gail Net worth
Max has an estimated net worth of $6 million dollars as of 2022.
Social Media Profiles
- Twitter – Max Gail
Some Lesser Known Facts About Max Gail
- Max attended Williams College, and was later an instructor for the University Liggett School before becoming an actor.
- In 1970, his acting debut came for the Little Fox Theatre in San Francisco, California, playing Chief Bromden in the original stage production of One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.
- Gail is best known for his television role as Det. Stan “Wojo” Wojciehowicz in the sitcom Barney Miller (1975–1982). Gail’s best-known feature film role is in D.C. Cab (1983) as Harold, the owner of the D.C. Cab taxi company. He directed several episodes of Barney Miller as Maxwell Gail.
- In 1984, Gail was featured in the monodrama The Babe on Broadway. This stage play was filmed and later featured on PBS.
- Gail has starred in other TV series, including Whiz Kids (1983) as Llewellan Farley Jr., an investigative reporter who is friends with a group of teenaged computer hackers. He worked on the short-lived Normal Life (1990). He has appeared on the TV series Sons & Daughters (2006).
- Gail has made many guest appearances on TV shows such as: Walker, Texas Ranger (“Whitewater”); Cannon, Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, Due South, The Streets of San Francisco, Paul Sand in Friends and Lovers, The Drew Carey Show, Hawaii Five-0, Quantum Leap, Psych, Longmire, Gary Unmarried, NCIS, Scorpion, and Mad Men.
- Gail runs Full Circle, a production company that has featured documentaries on such subjects as Agent Orange, Native Americans, and nuclear issues.
- Gail stepped into the recast role of Mike Corbin on General Hospital.
- On February 5, 2018, Max debuted and went on to win the 2019 Daytime Emmy Award for Best Supporting Actor.