Malin Akerman is a Swedish-Canadian actress, model and singer. She became known after appearances in several Canadian productions. In the early 2000s, she had many television and film parts, including The Utopian Society and Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle.
Malin Maria Akerman
Actress, Singer, Model
Birthday / Date of Birth
Malin Akerman was born on May 12, 1978 in Stockholm, Stockholms län, Sweden.
She’s currently 40 years old.
Malin Akerman attended Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School, St. Catharines, Ontario. After that, she went North Toronto Collegiate Institute. She studied Child Psychology at York University, Toronto for 1 year and then dropped out to pursue her career in modeling.
- Father – Magnus Åkerman (Insurance broker)
- Mother – Pia (née Sundström) (Model and aerobics instructor)
- Siblings – She has one half-brother and two half-sisters.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Malin Akerman dated –
- Roberto Zincone (2003-2013) – Malin Akerman dated Italian musician Roberto Zincone. They both met in 2003 when Malin was the lead vocalist for the band Petalstones, for which Roberto served as the drummer. They used to spend time together and eventually started dating. Malin married her boyfriend Roberto Zincone at Grand Hotel Moon Valley in Sorrento, Italy on June 20, 2007. Malin gave birth to their first child, Sebastian Zincone on April 16, 2013. After 7 months, on November 25, 2013, the couple announced their separation. On December 2, 2013, Roberto filed for their divorce.
- Colin Egglesfield (2014-2015) – In March 2014, Malin started dating American actor, Colin Egglesfield. they went out for a year before calling it quits in 2015.
- Jack Donnelly (2017-Present) – In 2017, Malin started dating actor Jack Donnelly. On October 13, 2017, she publicly announced her engagement to Jack. They are going strong since that time. The couple got married on December 1, 2018, in Tulum, Mexico.
- In feet – 5 feet 7½ inches
- In centimeters – 171 cm
- 1.7 mIn meters –
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 123 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Malin Akerman gained immense popularity for her work in The Heartbreak Kid, Watchmen, The Final Girls, Children’s Hospital and Trophy Wife.
In 2000, American psychological thriller film The Skulls. Malin was just a “Coed in Caleb’s Apartment” in this movie. She got lead roles in the film The Heartbreak Kid (2007). It was a romantic comedy film in which she appeared as Lila.
Canadian Science fiction TV series Earth: Final Conflict. She appeared in 1997 in a single episode “The Truth” as Avatar.
Malin Akerman did many prestigious ad campaigns for Ford Supermodel Canada. She also signed a contract with Noxzema.
Awards & Nominations
|2009||Golden Schmoes Awards||Best T&A of the Year||Watchmen||Won|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie Actress: Action||Nominated|
|Scream Awards||Breakout Performance – Female||Nominated|
|2010||Saturn Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|2015||Fright Meter Awards||Best Actress in a Supporting Role||The Final Girls||Nominated|
|2016||Fangoria Chainsaw Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|iHorror Awards||Best Female Performance – Horror Movie||Nominated|
Malin Akerman Favorites
- Favorite Beach – Falsterbo Beach, Sweden
- Favorite Movies – Annie Hall (1977), No Country for Old Men (2007), Pan’s Labyrinth (2006), Dirty Dancing (1987), Betty Blue (1986)
- Favorite Books – “Veronika Decides to Die” by Paulo Coelho, “The White Masai” by Corinne Hofmann, “Don’t Sleep with Your Drummer” by Jen Sincero
- Favorite Food – Dark Chocolate
Malin Akerman Net worth
Malin Akerman has a net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Malin Akerman
- Instagram – malinakerman
- Twitter – Malin Akerman
Some Lesser Known Facts About Malin Akerman
- Malin is the daughter of a model (mother) and an insurance broker (father).
- While attending school, she started appearing in TV commercials. This was actually her start in show business.
- Her first name means “cunning” or “shrewd” in French.
- She was studying psychology when she returned back to modeling.
- Malin was discovered at the age of 16 by Ford Models at a shopping mall at St. Catharines.
- She won the Canadian title of Ford Supermodel at the age of 17. She travelled across Europe as a part of her job in modeling and had a great time appearing in television commercials and catalogue layouts.
- Kristen Bell is Malin Akerman’s good friend.
- In addition to English, she can speak Swedish fluently.
- Malin is most widely recognised for her nude scenes in films. She says that she feels comfortable in such scenes if these are not gratuitous.
- She was named one of the “Ten Actors to Watch” by Variety in 2007.
- In 2007, Åkerman joined the cast of 27 Dresses, a romantic comedy film directed by Anne Fletcher with Katherine Heigl in the lead role.
- She was placed at #59 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- Malin featured topless on the cover of Maxim’s April 2009 issue.
- In 2010, Åkerman signed up for a part in newcomer Aaron Harvey’s Catch .44, a drama-thriller film with Forest Whitaker and Bruce Willis in the male lead roles.
- She was voted no.9 in Maxim’s Hot 100 list of Women in 2012.
- In 2012, Åkerman travelled to Tanzania with Opportunity International and has since begun support of their international development work, becoming a Young Ambassador for Opportunity in June 2012 and hosting a fundraiser for Opportunity in October 2012.
- In 2013, Åkerman was a presenter with Josh Stamberg (Drop Dead Divas) at Women’s Image Network Awards.
- In December 2019, Åkerman will lead En del av mitt hjärta (A Piece of My Heart). A jukebox musical film, directed by Edward af Sillén based upon the music of one of Sweden’s biggest selling artists Tomas Ledin.