Lily Collins is an English-American actress, model and writer. The daughter of English musician Phil Collins and an American mother, Jill Tavelman, she was born in Surrey and moved to Los Angeles as a child. Her first screen role was at the age of two in the BBC series Growing Pains. In 2016, she won the New Hollywood Film Award and was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress, Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for her role as Marla Mabrey in Rules Don’t Apply.
Lily Jane Collins
Actress, Model, Author
Birthday / Date of Birth
Lily Collins was born on March 18, 1989, in Guildford, Surrey, England, United Kingdom.
She’s currently 29 years old.
Los Angeles, California, USA
She is of Canadian Jewish, English and German descent.
Collins graduated from Harvard-Westlake School in LA, California. She enrolled at the University of Southern California, majoring in broadcast journalism.
- Father – Phil Collins (English Musician)
- Mother – Jill Tavelman (American) (President of Beverly Hills Women’s Club)
- Siblings – Joely Collins (Older Half Sister) (Actress), Simon Collins (Older Half Brother) (Musician), Nicholas Collins (Younger Half Brother), Matthew Collins (Younger Half Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lily Collins has dated –
- Riley Harper (2009-2010) – American stuntman Riley Harper dated Lily from 2009 till August 2010. They first met on the set of movie Priest (2011), where he was performing stunts.
- Taylor Lautner (2010-2011) – Lily Collins dated her Abduction co-star, Taylor Lautner from November 2010 until September 2011. They were spotted having their lunch together and spent their time together during a football match in late 2010.
- Chord Overstreet (2012) – Lily’s rumored relationship started with Chord when the duo was seen getting cozy during Chris Colfer‘s birthday bash in May 2012.
- Jamie Campbell Bower (2012-2013; 2015; 2017-2018) – Lily dated her The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones co-star, Jamie Campbell from June 2012 till August 2013. The duo dated together during the filming of the movie. The couple got back together in April 2015 but called it quits in the same year. They again started dating towards the 2017 end. Finally, they ended their courtship in 2018.
- Zac Efron (2012–2013) – American actor, Zac Efron had a fling with Lily in early 2012, when they were spotted together, holding hands at their mutual friend’s birthday party in LA on February 8, 2012. Again in October 2013, the duo was seen holding hands, when going for a movie. They split for the last time in December 2013.
- Thomas Cocquerel (2014) – In January 2014, Lily started dating Australian actor Thomas Cocquerel. They were first introduced via a friend. They split later in the year.
- Matt Easton (2014) – She dated a photographer Matt Easton in September 2014. It was revealed by DailyMail.
- Chris Evans (2015) – Lily was RUMORed to have had a fling with American actor Chris Evans nearing February-March 2015. It was confirmed by US Magazine.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 51 kg
- In Pounds – 112 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-33
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Appearing in films such as The Blind Side (2009), Abduction (2011) and Mirror Mirror (2012). She earned rave reviews from critics for her role as Marla Mabrey in the romantic comedy-drama ‘Rules Don’t Apply’, which earned her a Golden Globe Award nomination.
She played a supporting role in the 2009 American semi-biographical sports drama film The Blind Side for her role as Collins Tuohy.
Her first television appearance was as Phoebe Abrams in the CW’s ‘90210’ in the 2 episodes “Zero Tolerance” and “One Party Can Ruin Your Whole Summer”, respectively in 2009.
Awards & Nominations
|2008||Young Hollywood Awards||One to Watch||N/A||Won|
|2012||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie Actress – Sci-Fi/Fantasy||Mirror Mirror||Nominated|
|2013||MTV Movie Awards||Summer’s Biggest Teen Bad A**||The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones||Nominated|
|2014||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie Actress – Action||The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones||Nominated|
|2016||Hollywood Film Awards||New Hollywood Awards||Rules Don’t Apply||Won|
|2016||Hollywood Music In Media Awards (HMMA)||Best Original Song – Feature Film||Rules Don’t Apply||Nominated|
|2017||Golden Globe Awards||Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical||Rules Don’t Apply||Nominated|
|2017||Alliance of Women Film Journalists||Most Egregious Age Difference Between the Leading Man and the Love Interest||Rules Don’t Apply||Won|
|2017||Costume Designers Guild||Lacoste Spotlight Award||Rules Don’t Apply||Won|
Lily Collins Favorites
- Favorite Food – Sushi
- Favorite Beauty Icons – Audrey Hepburn, Meryl Streep, Jill Tavelman, Natalie Portman, Penelope Cruz, Agyness Deyn, Anne Hathaway, Rooney Mara, Keira Knightley
Lily Collins Net worth
Lily Collins net worth is estimated to be $8 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Lily Collins
- Instagram – lilyjcollins
- Twitter – Lily Collins
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lily Collins
- Lily’s maternal grandfather owned a famous clothing store in Los Angeles. He was a Canadian Jewish immigrant.
- She is a huge Harry Potter series fan.
- She started her acting career at the age of two in the BBC series Growing Pains.
- Her parents split when she was five and later she moved with her mother to LA.
- She was interested in journalism form her young age and she studied journalism at the University of Southern California, but destiny had other ideas for her.
- Collins is an outspoken anti-bullying advocate and is serving as a Celebrity Ambassador to anti-bullying organization Bystander Revolution.
- In 2008, she was selected as the International Model of the Year by Spain’s Glamour magazine and appeared on its cover in August 2009.
- She won a 2008 Young Hollywood Award for Newest Red Carpet Correspondent.
- Collins was named as one of the “Hottest Daughters of Rock Stars” by Maxim in 2009.
- In 2012, she was placed at number 4 in People’s Most Beautiful list.
- She won a ‘Pandora Breakthrough Artist Award’ at Glamour’s Women of The Year Awards 2012.
- She was originally cast for the movie Evil Dead in 2013 but dropped out due to a scheduling issue. The role later went onto Jane Levy.
- In 2013, McAfee named her as the “Most Dangerous Celebrity to Search For Online” because the search results led to risky websites (containing malware, adware, spyware or other viruses).
- In 2017 it was revealed that Les Misérables would be adapted by Andrew Davies and directed by Tom Shankland into a BBC mini series starring, Dominic West, David Oyelowo and Lily Collins.
- Collins is also a published author with her first book, Unfiltered: No Shame, No Regrets, Just Me, being released in 2017 to critical praise.