Lauren Riihimaki is a Canadian YouTube vlogger and crafter known for her YouTube channel LaurDIY. As of March 10, 2019, her YouTube channel has over 9 million subscribers. Her channel has been described as one of the most well regarded fashion and beauty channels in Canada. She won a Shorty Award in the “House & Home” category at the tenth annual ceremony. She also won a Streamy Award in the “Lifestyle” category at the Awards’ debut ceremony in 2017.
Lauren Kobayashi Riihimaki
YouTube Star, Actress, Singer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Lauren Riihimaki was born on August 11, 1993 in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada.
She is currently 25 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States
She is of Japanese descent on her mother’s side while she has Finnish and Ukrainian ancestry on her father’s side.
Lauren studied at the Alexandra Public School till the 6th grade. She then joined Queen Mary Public School to complete her middle school. Then she attended Sir Winston Churchill High School. After graduating from high school, she moved to Toronto and enrolled at the Ryerson University graduating with Bachelors of Technology degree in Graphics Communication Management in 2015.
- Father – Greg Riihimaki
- Mother – Gail Riihimaki
- Siblings – None
Lauren Riihimaki is managed by Scott Fisher, Partner and Founder of Select Management Group, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lauren Riihimaki has dated –
- Sebastian “Baz” Morris (2011-2014) – Lauren started dating Baz in 2011. Baz has worked as a Rehabilitation Facilitator. They broke up in 2014.
- Alex Wassabi (2015–2018) – Lauren and Los Angeles-based YouTuber Alex started dating in 2015. They met at a YouTube event called Brandcast in New York City in April 2015. The couple separated in September 2018.
- In feet – 5 feet 4½ inches
- In centimeters – 164 cm
- In meters – 1.64 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds -121 lbs
Dark Brown (Natural)
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Her LaurDIY YouTube channel where she posts views and ideas relating to fashion and beauty.
Lauren Riihimaki aspires to create her own album. She has shared a few music videos relevant to her vlogging on her channel. In September 2017, she released the song DIY Queen.
In 2017, Lauren made her theatrical film debut as Lisa in the comedy horror film Boo 2! A Madea Halloween.
Lauren Riihimaki has been featured in a commercial for Fanta (2017). She has also worked in collaboration with Starbucks.
- Beautiful dimpled smile
- Long face
- High cheekbones
Lauren Riihimaki Favorite
- Favorite Movies – Pitch Perfect, Hunger Games
- Favorite Chocolate Bar – Crunchie bar
- Favorite Songs – ‘Wonder World’ by Oasis, ‘Sing For The Moment’ by Eminem
- Favorite First Concert She Attended – Good Charlotte
- Favorite Places – San Francisco
Lauren Riihimaki Net Worth
Lauren Riihimaki has a net worth of $1.5 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lauren Riihimaki
- Lauren was active in sports and took lessons in swimming and skating. She won the Best Female Athlete Award while in school.
- Lauren studied French during her school and received various recognition on the subject.
- She has been featured in Seventeen magazine several times.
- She is obsessed with Shiba Inu breed of dogs.
- Lauren likes and owns a lot of cute stuffed animals.
- She hates fish.
- Lauren started her YouTube channel LaurDIY in 2011, posting unique DIY style videos which are fun and quirky in a good way.
- Lauren is allergic to 56 different things.
- She is terrified of worms because of its long abnormal size and faceless head.
- Visit her official website @ laurdiy.com.