Keyla Monterroso Mejia is an American actress and comedian known for playing Maria Sofia Estrada on Season 11 of HBO’s sitcom series Curb Your Enthusiasm and Ashley Garcia in the second season of Abbott Elementary. She was originally cast for one episode and went on to appear in multiple episodes. She portrayed teacher’s aide Ashley Garcia in the sitcom Abbott Elementary. Keyla has also appeared in series like On My Block and Launchpad.
Keyla Monterroso Mejia
Birthday / Date of Birth
Keyla Monterroso Mejia was born in 1998, in Hawthorne, Los Angeles, California, United States.
She’s currently 25 years old.
She is of Guatemalan and Mexican descent.
Her educational qualifications are unknown.
- Father – Juan Carlos
- Mother – Chely Carlos
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Keyla Monterroso Mejia has dated –
Keyla has largely opted to keep her personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 1 inches
- In centimeters – 155 cm
- In meters – 1.55 m
- In Kilograms – 70 kg
- In Pounds – 154 lbs
- Measurements – 36-30-40
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 30 inches
- Hip – 40 inches
- Bra Size – 34D
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 12 (US).
Keyla became known for Her role in various movies and tv series including Launchpad (2021), The 90 Day Plan (2021), and Freeridge (2023). She portrayed teacher’s aide Ashley Garcia in the sitcom Abbott Elementary.
In 2021, Monterroso had her first film onscreen role in the movie, #Whitina as Belle and she made her theatrical film debut as Ellen in the thriller movie, The Estate (2022).
In 2021, Mejia landed her first role in television by appearing as Val Garcia in the series, Launchpad.
Keyla Monterroso Mejia Net worth
Keyla Monterroso Mejia has an estimated net worth of $1.5 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – keylamonterrosomejia
Some Lesser Known Facts About Keyla Monterroso Mejia
- Keyla was born in Hawthorne, United States. She grew up in the Inland Empire region of California.
- Mejia is a first generation-American of Guatemalan and Mexican descent. Currently She lives in Chino Hills, California with her mother and brother.
- Mejia is fluent in Spanish and English language.
- She played Val in Ann Marie Pace’s 2021 short film Growing Fangs, one of a series of productions featured as part of the Disney+ Launchpad series.
- In 2021, Keyla made her television debut as a guest star on season 11 of Curb Your Enthusiasm, playing short order cook turned terrible actress Maria Sofia Estrada.
- Monterroso was in short films such as #Whitina and Growing Fangs. Keyla has also worked in several theatres.
- In 2021, Mejia also starred in the final episode of On My Block. It was later announced she would appear in the spinoff series, Freeridge, alongside Bryana Salaz, Ciara Riley Wilson, and Tenzing Norway Trainor.
- In 2022, she was film The Estate, starring Toni Collette and Anna Faris.
- In March 2023, Keyla posted photos on Instagram to celebrate being profiled by Teen Vogue. The article she was interviewed for is titled Keyla Monterroso Mejia Talks Netflix’s Freeridge and Pivoting to Comedy.