Katherine Langford is an Australian actress. She is known for starring as Hannah Baker in the 2017 Netflix series 13 Reasons Why, based on the novel of the same name, for which she received a Golden Globe Award nomination. In 2018, she played Leah Burke in the teen comedy-drama film Love, Simon.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Katherine Langford was born on the 29th of April 1996, in Perth, Western Australia, Australia.
She’s currently 23 years old.
Langford went to Penrhos College for her primary studies and St. Hilda School for her secondary education. She graduated from Perth Modern School in 2014, majoring in music and drama and then enrolled at the Principal Academy of Dance & Theatre Arts to study Music Theatre. She appeared in a production of Godspell there and apparently became one of the five selected participants in the National Institute of Dramatic Arts Advanced Actors Residency in 2015. Finally, she was offered entry into the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA) in 2016 to complete her B.A. in acting.
- Father – Stephen Langford (Doctor)
- Mother – Elizabeth Langford (Doctor)
- Siblings – Josephine Langford (Younger Sister) (Actress)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Katherine Langford has dated –
Due to her very low personal profile, there’s nothing much known about her relationship status.
- In feet – 5 feet 5½ inches
- In centimeters – 166 cm
- In meters – 1.66 m
- In Kilograms – 61 kg
- In Pounds – 135 lbs
- Measurements – 35-27-35
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 27 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Playing Hannah Baker in the 2017 Netflix series 13 Reasons Why, based on the novel of the same name, for which she received a Golden Globe Award nomination.
In 2016, she debuted with a short film Daughters where she played the role of Scarlett.
In 2017, she started appearing in a lead role on Netflix series 13 Reasons Why as Hannah Baker.
She has not endorsed any brand until now.
Awards & Nominations
|2017||Australians In Film Awards||Screen Australia Breakthrough Award||N/A||Won|
|Gold Derby Awards||Breakthrough Performer of the Year||13 Reasons Why||Nominated|
|2018||Golden Globe Awards||Best Actress – Television Series Drama||13 Reasons Why||Nominated|
|MTV Movie & TV Awards||Best Actor in a Show||13 Reasons Why||Nominated|
|People’s Choice Awards||The Drama TV Star of 2018||13 Reasons Why||Nominated|
|Satellite Awards||Best Actress – Television Series Drama||13 Reasons Why||Nominated|
Katherine Langford Favorites
- Favorite Singer – Lady Gaga
- Favorite TV Show – Star Trek: Voyager (1995-2001)
Katherine Langford Net worth
Katherine Langford has a estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Katherine Langford
- She took voice lessons in 2005 and even attended classical, jazz and contemporary vocal training.
- At high school, she was interested in medicine and politics. But after attended Lady Gaga’s concert, the Born This Way Ball at the age of 16, she was determined to become a performer. She even had piano lessons.
- She was a national level swimmer during her school years.
- Langford gave audition for her role as Hannah Baker in the mystery teen drama TV series 13 Reasons Why on Skype. She had only 10 days to get an O-1 visa as she had not worked in the United States before.
- In 2012, after attending a Lady Gaga concert, she stopped swimming and started learning piano.
- In 2013, Langford appeared in the school’s production of Hotel Sorrento.
- In 2015, she was given the honor to participate in the National Institute of Dramatic Arts (NIDA) Advanced Actors Residency.
- Katherine saw the snowfall for the first time in late 2016 in New York City, U.S. and not in Australia.
- In October 2018, she was cast in Avengers: Endgame. However, her scenes were cut from the final film, with the Russo Brothers revealing Langford had been cast as a teenage version of Tony Stark’s daughter, Morgan.