Josh Scherer is a food blogger, chef and former journalist. He appears on screen on the Mythical Kitchen YouTube channel and a few episodes where he is filmed cooking a dish for the mythical duo. Josh can be heard sometimes explaining the dish to Rhett and Link after it has been served to them. He also hosts co-hosts a podcast called “A Hot Dog Is A Sandwich” with Nicole Enayati. Scherer is also known for his food blog which features a variety of recipes, reviews, and other lifestyle content. He has garnered over 351K followers on Instagram for his food and lifestyle content.
Food Blogger, Chef, Writer and Former Journalist
Birthday / Date of Birth
Josh Scherer was born on the 15th of April 1992, in Los Angeles, California, United States.
He’s currently 31 years old.
Scherer graduated from University of California, Los Angeles and University of California, Santa Barbara. He studied Political Science and Government. While studying, he was playing Men’s Outdoor Track and Field.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Jon Scherer (Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Josh Scherer has dated –
Josh has largely opted to keep his personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about his love life and dating history.
- In feet – 6 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 188 cm
- In meters – 1.88 m
- In Kilograms – 88 kg
- In Pounds – 195 lbs
He wears a size 12 (US) shoe.
Josh became known as a LA-based food writer whose writing has appeared in a variety of publications including Los Angeles Magazine, Eater, and Food & Wine. He is also known for his food blog which features a variety of recipes, reviews, and other lifestyle content. He has garnered over 351K followers on Instagram for his food and lifestyle content.
In 2018, Scherer landed his first role in television by appearing as self in the talk show, Let’s Talk About That.
Josh Scherer Net worth
Josh Scherer has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Josh Scherer
- Instagram – mythicalchefjosh
- Twitter – Josh Scherer
- YouTube Channel – Josh Scherer
Some Lesser Known Facts About Josh Scherer
- Josh was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. He has not publicly shared details about her parent’s name and profession.
- Scherer’s parents didn’t cook so he grew up on frozen food and microwavable meals, but honed his culinary skills by constantly watching Food Network.
- At 6 years old, Scherer snuck away from his babysitter, and despite his fear of the stovetop flame, made himself a grilled Cheese Sandwich.
- After graduation, he explored his love of food and began to publish his writings in several magazines.
- Josh is also well known as, LA-based food writer whose writing has appeared in a variety of publications including Los Angeles Magazine, Eater, and Food & Wine.
- Prior to his work writing in food, he was a track and field athlete at UCLA who competed as a hammer thrower. He is also known for his food blog which features a variety of recipes, reviews, and other lifestyle content.
- In 2013, Scherer published the first entry for his online blog Culinary Bro-Down, which features a picture of Scherer wearing board shorts and a Corona tank top.
- In 2014, his blog Culinary Bro-Down was named a finalist for best writing in Saveur magazine’s Best Food Blog Awards. He works with YouTube stars Rhett McLaughlin and Link Neal.
- In 2017, Josh’s first book, The Culinary Bro-Down Cookbook, was published by Grand Central life & style.
- In December 2021, Scherer was included in the Forbes 30 Under 30 List for 2022 under the Food & Drink category.
- Josh has 360K followers on his Instagram. He usually posts food, gym photos and photos with friends. He also has 165K followers on his Twitter.