John Galecki is an American actor. He is known for playing Leonard Hofstadter in the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory and David Healy in the ABC sitcom Roseanne. Galecki also appeared in the films National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, Prancer, Suicide Kings, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Bookies, In Time and Rings. In 2018, he was considered by Forbes the second world’s highest-paid TV actor, earning $25 million.
John Mark Galecki
Birthday / Date of Birth
Johnny Galecki was born on 30 April 1975, in Bree, Belgium.
He is currently 44 years old.
On his father’s side, he has Polish ancestry. While, on his mother’s side, he is of Italian and Irish descent.
His acting career happened at his early age of 7 so he wasn’t able to concentrate on studies. He went to school till 8th grade after which he quit studies as he wasn’t interested in academics.
- Father – Richard Galecki (Member of the U.S. Air Force and was stationed in Belgium at the time of Johnny’s birth. Also worked as a rehabilitation teacher) (Died in 1991).
- Mother – Mary Louise Noon (Mortgage consultant)
- Siblings – Nick Galecki (Younger Brother) (Works in the automotive industry), Allison Galecki (Younger Sister)
- Others – Raymond S. Galecki (Paternal Grandfather), Joan Gertrude Duda (Paternal Grandmother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Johnny Galecki has dated –
- Sara Gilbert (1992-1993) – Johnny was reportedly dating actress Sara Gilbert in 1992. They had grown close while working on the ABC sitcom, Roseanne. It was while going out with Johnny that Sara realized she was gay. He regularly used to visit her place, and after making out, she used to get depressed. Johnny took it personally before Sara told him that it might be due to her sexuality.
- Laura Harris (1996-1998) – Galecki started going out with actress Laura Harris in 1996. They had grown quite fond of each other while working in the movie, Suicide Kings. They were together for around two years until their separation in 1998.
- Ari Graynor (2006) – According to reports, Johnny was in a relationship with actress Ari Graynor in 2006. They had worked together in the theatre production of The Little Dog Laughed. While essaying the role of a couple in the play, sparks were flying between them in real life as well. However, their relationship didn’t last more than a year.
- Kelsey Harper (2007) – In June 2007, Johnny was allegedly seeing actress Kelsey Harper. However, it seems that their relationship didn’t last beyond a couple of months.
- Kaley Cuoco (2007-2010) – According to leading tabloids, Johnny started dating actress Kaley Cuoco in 2007. They had grown close while playing an on-screen couple in the TV series The Big Bang Theory. However, they decided to keep their relationship a secret from their co-stars and others. The reason for doing so was that they were protective of their relationship and didn’t want it to affect their TV show negatively. They dated for about two years before the secrecy of their relationship started taking its toll. As they had to lie all the time, it didn’t remain fun anymore, and they decided to call it quits finally.
- Kelli Garner (2011-2014) – Johnny started going out with actress Kelli Garner in 2011. They made their relationship public in March 2012. The couple was pretty open about their relationship and packed on plenty of PDA at award shows and also on social media. However, they decided to break up in August 2014. It was claimed that the decision was mutual and they had amicably decided to go their separate ways.
- Katie Waissel (2014) – In August 2014, English tabloids claimed that Johnny was seeing the singer and songwriter Katie Waissel. It was also reported that they had started going out just after his separation from Kelli Garner. They were first pictured out on a date at Chateau Marmont Hotel. Johnny was trying to sneak into a car with her without getting noticed, which he apparently failed in doing.
- Ariella Nicole (2015-2018) – Johnny was linked with actress Ariella Nicole towards the end of 2015. He confirmed their relationship in December 2015 when he shared a picture of her in a private plane. Then, on New Year’s Eve, Johnny shared a picture of them kissing. Although the picture was fairly blurred, the fact that he had shared a picture of her a day before confirmed that they were dating. A couple of days later, they were snapped holidaying together in Maui.
- Alaina Meyer (2018-Present) – As of September 2018, Galecki is dating a woman named Alaina Meyer.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 68 kg
- In Pounds – 150 lbs
- Measurements – 40-13.5-35
- Chest – 40 inches
- Biceps / Arms – 13.5 inches
- Waist– 35 inches
Playing the role of Dr. Leonard Hofstadter in the comedy-drama, The Big Bang Theory since 2007. His performance in the series earned him a Satellite Award for Best Actor, Television Series Musical or Comedy as well as many other nominations.
In 1988, he made his theatrical film debut playing Toby Reardon in the comedy-drama, A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon.
In 1990, Johnny made his first TV show appearance playing the leading role of Danny Nash in the NBC sitcom, American Dreamer.
Galecki has appeared in television commercials like Hyundai Elantra, Hyundai Elantra coupé and sedan and Ford Fusion.
Awards & Nominations
|1992||Young Artist Award||Best Young Actor Starring in a Television Series||American Dreamer||Nominated|
|1993||Best Young Actor Recurring in a Television Series||Roseanne||Nominated|
|1994||Best Youth Comedian||Won|
|1995||Best Performance: Young Actor in a TV Comedy Series||Nominated|
|2008||TV Land Award||Innovator||Won|
|2010||Teen Choice Award||Choice TV: Male Scene Stealer||The Big Bang Theory||Nominated|
|2011||Primetime Emmy Award||Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series||Nominated|
|2012||Golden Globe Award||Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Comedy or Musical||Nominated|
|Golden Nymph Award||Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series||Nominated|
|Satellite Award||Best Actor in a Series, Comedy or Musical||Won|
|Screen Actors Guild Award||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series||Nominated|
|2013||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series||Nominated|
|2014||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series||Nominated|
|People’s Choice Award||Favorite TV Bromance||Nominated|
|2015||Screen Actors Guild Award||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series||Nominated|
|2016||People’s Choice Awards||Favorite Comedic TV Actor||Nominated|
Johnny Galecki Favorites
- Favorite Place – Iceland
Johnny Galecki Net worth
Johnny Galecki’s net worth is estimated at $55 million dollars as of 2019. Galecki lives in a Spanish style casa in the Outpost Estates neighborhood of Los Angeles. He has bought his six-bedroom house, which is spread over more than 5,000 square feet, from action star Jason Statham for more than nine million dollars. Galecki owns 360 acres of land in Santa Margarita, California that boasted vineyards and a log cabin.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – sanctionedjohnnygalecki
Some Lesser Known Facts About Johnny Galecki
- When he was of 4 years old, he told his mother that he was going to be on TV.
- His parents tried to distract him from acting with sports. However, when he didn’t budge, they took him for open auditions at local theaters in Chicago at the age of 6.
- Galecki got inclined towards acting at an early age, but his parents took many efforts to distract him from acting with sports, but they weren’t successful as he was very adamant in his goal.
- At the age of 10, he poked a hole in his earlobe using a pin. He had asked his parents to take him to a professional, to get his ears pierced, but they refused, and so he decided to take the matter into his own hands.
- At the age of 14, he was living alone in a studio apartment in Los Angeles as his parents had moved back to Chicago within 10 months of having moved there. They were missing Chicago too much.
- He won the ‘Best Youth Comedian’ category of the Young Artist Award in 1993 for his character in ‘Roseanne’.
- In 2012, Johnny Galecki won the Satellite Award for ‘Best Actor in a Series, Comedy or Musical’.
- In 2018, he was considered by Forbes the second world’s highest-paid TV actor, earning $25 million.
- In May 2018, ABC cancelled Roseanne following racist remarks made by Roseanne Barr on social media.