Little Mix are a British girl group formed in 2011 during the eighth series of the UK version of The X Factor. They were the first group to win the competition, and following their victory, they signed with Simon Cowell’s record label Syco Music and released a cover of Damien Rice’s “Cannonball” as their winner’s single. The members are Jade Thirlwall, Perrie Edwards, Leigh-Anne Pinnock, and Jesy Nelson.
Jessica Louise Nelson
Jesy, Wilma, Jesminda
Columbia Records, RCA UK
As a part of the band, Little Mix, she was signed with Syco Music until 2018.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jesy Nelson was born on 14 June 1991, in Romford, London, England.
She’s currently 28 years old.
Due to bullying, she had to switch to different schools and graduated from Jo Richardson Community School in Dagenham. She also attended Arts College and Abbs Cross Academy. She, then enrolled at the Sylvia Young and Yvonne Rhodes theatre school, from where she studied theatre.
- Father – John Nelson
- Mother – Janice White
- Siblings – Jade Nelson (Older sister), Joseph Nelson (Brother), Jonathan Nelson (Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jesy has dated –
- Jordan Banjo (2012-2014) – English dancer, Jordan Banjo started dating Nelson in January 2012. They know each other since Jesy was 10. But, in March 2013, the duo broke up amicably. The decision was taken by Jordan after Jesy’s much wider fame than him, as now her workload has increased and she has started getting too much male attention and it became difficult for Jordan to handle. They reunited later and finally got separated on June 26, 2014.
- George Shelley (2013) – The British singers George Shelley and Jesy were RUMORed to have had a fling in July 2013.
- Jake Roche (2014-2016) – In September 2014, Rixton lead singer, Jake Roche started dating lovely Jesy. He is about two years her junior. The couple got engaged on July 19, 2015. But, this relationship also saw an end in November 2016 as confirmed by Sun.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 64 kg
- In Pounds – 141 lbs
- Measurements – 35-28-36
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 28 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 8 (US).
Being one of the members of a 4 piece, British girl group “Little Mix.” The other three members are Perrie Edwards, Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Jade Thirlwall.
The girl band dropped their first album called “DNA” on November 19, 2012. The album consists of 12 tracks with a total length of 43:56 minutes. The band has so far released four studio albums, eighteen singles and nineteen music videos.
- DNA (2012)
- Salute (2013)
- Get Weird (2015)
- Glory Days (2016)
In 2011, Jesy first appeared as a contestant in the singing competition The X Factor.
Little Mix band is a brand ambassador for Schwarzkopf LIVE Colour XXL.
Jesy Nelson Favorites
- Favorite Band – Spice Girls
- Favorite Restaurant – Nando’s
- Favorite Singer – Missy Elliott
- Favorite Movie – Taken (2008)
- Favorite Color – All colors
Jesy Nelson Net worth
Her net worth is estimated to be $4 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – jesynelson
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jesy Nelson
- She is a fan of Jeremy Kyle, English radio and TV presenter.
- She is the senior member of the girl band.
- Before participating on The X Factor, she worked as a bartender at a local bar in Essex.
- In 2014, she won an award in the category of ‘Best Three New Artists’ and ‘New Artist of the Year’ at the Japan Gold Disc Awards.
- In 2016, she won the Glamour Award for ‘Artist of the Year.
- She’s mastered in Australian and Scottish accent.
- Nelson is a member of the girl group “Little Mix”.