Jennie Kim also known by the mononym Jennie, is a South Korean rapper, singer and model. She debuted as a member of girl group Blackpink in August 2016, under YG Entertainment. In August 2016, Kim debuted as main rapper and vocalist of the girl group Blackpink. The group has released one Japanese studio album, Blackpink in Your Area, as well as three extended plays, Blackpink, Square Up and Kill This Love.
Rapper, Singer, Dancer, Model
K-Pop, EDM, Hip-Hop
Piano, Flute, Vocals
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jennie Kim was born on January 16, 1996 in Seoul, South Korea.
She is currently 23 years old.
After shifting base from South Korea Jennie attended the ACG Parnell College in Auckland, New Zealand to receive education in English. When she came back to her native country in 2010, she went to the Chungdam High School to continue her studies.
- Father – Owns a hospital
- Mother – A shareholder in the media company CJ E&M
- Siblings – None
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jennie Kim has dated –
- RM (2017) – BTS band member RM was rumored to be dating with Jennie in 2017. They were spotted leaving a restaurant, which led to the rumors that they were out on a date. But, the duo was never seen together publicly after that day.
- Kim Jong-in (2018-2019) – Exo’s Kai or Kim Jong-in allegedly started dating Jennie in October 2018. They had spent time together during Paris Fashion Week. They were also seen together on November 25, 2018, as per pictures released by Dispatch. Finally, in January 2019, the dating news was confirmed by SM Entertainment who manages Kai’s band Exo. Few days after that on January 25, 2019 the news of Kim Jong-in and Jennie’s separation was confirmed.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.60 m
- In Kilograms – 49 kg
- In Pounds – 99 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
Her dress size is 3 (US).
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Being the vocalist of the famous South Korean girl band, Black Pink.
Before the debut of her band, Black Pink, she sang with the singers G-Dragon and Seungri in 2013 in songs Black and GG Be, respectively. She also got featured in the song ‘Special’ by Lee Hi. Being a member of the girl band, Black Pink, Jennie has also released songs like Boombayah, Playing with Fire, Whistle, Stay and As If It’s Your Last.
In 2017, Jennie made her TV show debut in an episode of the South Korean television entertainment program Knowing Bros.
Jennie has endorsed Incheon Main Customs, The band became the brand ambassador for Incheon Main Customs in May 2017. They have also endorsed brands like Reebok, Adidas, Moonshot, The Coca-Cola Company, Louis Vuitton, St. Scott London and Lotte Trevi sparkling water.
Awards & Nominations
|2018||12th SBS Entertainment Awards||Rookie Award (Female)||Running Man, Village Survival, the Eight||Nominated|
|Scene Stealer Award||Nominated|
|2019||8th Gaon Chart Music Awards||Song of the Year – November||“Solo”||Won|
Jennie Kim Favorites
- Favorite Drinks – Healthy Drinks
- Favorite Ice-Cream – Milk-Flavored Ice-Creams
- Favorite Food – Anything Korean
- Favorite Color – Black, Pink
Jennie Kim Net worth
Jennie Kim has an estimated net worth of $1 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Portfolio
- Instagram – jennierubyjane
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jennie Kim
- She is fluent in Korean, Japanese and English.
- Jennie’s mother wanted her to be a teacher or a lawyer.
- She has 2 pet dogs, Kai and Kuma.
- She joined YG Entertainment in 2010 when she was only 14 and has trained with them for more than 6 years.
- Jennie was the preferred lead for the band, Black Pink, but somehow the band ended up without a lead due to the ages of its members.
- She got featured in an MBC documentary “English, Must Change to Survive” at the age of 10.
- She is considered to be a YG trump card and is often regarded as ‘The YG Princess’.
- Her fluency in English is credited to her studying in New Zealand.
- She is the group’s style icon.
- She has modeled with other Black Pink members for magazines like Nylon Japan, South Korea’s 1st Look, Elle Korea, and Singapore’s Teenage.
- Her friends often call her ‘Human Gucci’ because Jennie often wears clothes from the upscale fashion brand Gucci.
- Jennie is not individually active on social media but she shares the Instagram account of Black Pink with other members of the band.
- In 2012, she featured on labelmate Lee Hi’s song Special and made an appearance in Big Bang’s G-Dragon’s music video That XX.
- In 2013, she featured on G-Dragon’s song Black and GG Be by Seungri.
- In August 2016, Kim debuted as main rapper and vocalist of the girl group Blackpink.
- In 2018, she ranked second in Most Favourite Idols survey conducted annually by Gallup Korea which involves 1,500 Korean men and women aged 13 to 29 as respondents.
- In mid-October 2018, an announcement of Kim’s official solo debut was made.
- Kim then became the first and only female South Korean solo artist to surpass 300 million YouTube views within six months.
- In January 2019, Hera, a South Korean luxury beauty brand owned by Amore Pacific, announced that because of her “elegant and luxurious image” and confidence they had chosen Kim as their new model.
- In February 2019, Kim modelled for the Red Vibe lip series, the sales were five times higher than Hera’s previous lip product, due to the growing popularity of the products they are referred to as “Jennie’s lipsticks”.
- In March 2019, the French fashion house named Kim as the Global/House Ambassador of Chanel.