Jason David Frank was an American actor and martial artist best known for his role as Tommy Oliver in the Power Rangers television franchise. In 2017, he did the web series Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe and Transformers: Titans Return. The same year, he appeared in a cameo role in the movie Power Rangers. He was the recipient of numerous accolades, including the Eighth Degree Black Belt Awards, Gold Medal (MTIA) Awards and Guinness World Record Awards. In 1994, he was honoured with the Hall of Fame Award by American Karate Kung Fu Federation. Frank also knew skydiving and was a 2013 Guinness World Record Holder for the most 1 inch pine board broken while in freefall!. Frank worked as a voice-over artist in many TV shows and video games.
Jason David Frank
Actor, Mixed Martial Artist, Voice Artist
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jason David Frank was born on the 4th of September 1973, in Covina, California, United States.
Jason David Frank was died on the 19th of November 2022 (aged 49), in Houston, Texas, United States due to Suicide (alleged).
He has Polish, Greek, German, and Irish ancestry.
From 1987 to 1991, Jason studied at Bonita High School in La Verne, California.
- Father – Ray Frank (Served in the US air force)
- Mother – Janice Christine Soter
- Siblings – Erik Ray Frank (Older Brother) (Actor)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jason David Frank has dated –
- Tammie Frank
- In feet – 5 feet 11 inches
- In centimeters – 180 cm
- In meters – 1.80 m
- In Kilograms – 93 kg
- In Pounds – 205 lbs
He wears a size 11.5 (US) shoe.
Jason became known for playing the role of Tommy Oliver in multiple seasons of the series Power Rangers. He also portrayed the same character in its feature film incarnation Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie. Besides this, he guest-starred in the dramas Cybertron, Sweet Valley High, Family Matters and Undressed. He also acted in the web series Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe and Transformers: Titans Return. In addition, Jason David Frank did considerable work on the big screen as well. He acted in the films and short films The Junior Defenders, Fall Guy: The John Stewart Story, The Blue Sun and Crammed 2: Hoaching.
In 1995, David had his first film onscreen role in the movie Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie as Tommy Oliver / The White Power Ranger and she made her theatrical film debut as Paula in the thriller movie Double Daddy in June 2015.
In 1993, Frank landed his first role in television by appearing as Tommy Oliver – Green Ranger / White Ranger in the series, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
On Saturday, 19 November 2022, he died after committing suicide. On 18 November 2022, the couple checked into a hotel in Houston, Texas and got two separate rooms. Reportedly, he had an argument with his wife, Tammie, in her hotel room; however, hotel staff was called to end the debate. The couple got into another after which he locked Tammie out of his room. She called the cops around 5 am on Saturday. Reportedly, the cops found him hanged by himself in the hotel’s bathroom.
Jason David Frank Net worth
Jason David Frank has an estimated net worth of $500K dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jason David Frank
- Frank born in a well-settled family from Covina, California, United States. He had an older brother named Erik Frank, who appeared in Power Rangers Zeo as Tommy Oliver’s brother David Trueheart.
- In 1993, he debuted with the TV show ‘Mighty Morphin Power Rangers’ in which he played the role of Tommy Oliver, the Green Ranger.
- Initially, the role of the green ranger was set for only 14 episodes, but after the character became famous, he was brought back to the show as the White Ranger, the new leader of the team.
- In 1995, Jason debuted with the film Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie in which he played the character of Tommy Oliver, the White Ranger.
- In 1996, he played the role of A. J. in the comedy-drama TV show Sweet Valley High. In the same year, he made an episodic appearance in the TV show Family Matters.
- In 2000, he made an episodic appearance as Carl in the American anthology series Undressed.
- David was professionally trained in several martial art forms including Taekwondo, Shotokan, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, Jeet Kune Do, Wado-Ryu, Wing Chun, Savate, and Muay Thai.
- In August 2009, Jason announced that he signed with SuckerPunch Entertainment, a sports marketing and management company that works in MMA.
- On 22 May 2022, Frank made his Ultimate Warrior Challenge debut in which he fought Carlos Horn and defeated him in the first round.