Jasleen Royal is an independent Indian singer, songwriter and a music composer who sings in Punjabi, Hindi, Gujarati and as well as in English. She won an award for the Best Indie Song at the MTV Video Music Awards India 2013. She received this award for her debut song Panchi Ho Jaava, composed and sung by Jasleen which is based on a poem by late Shiv Kumar Batalvi. She won an award for the Best Indie Artist at Free The Music an initiative by Songdew especially for Indie musicians. She was nominated alongside established and renowned singers like Kailash Kher, Rabbi Shergill and a Delhi-based band Indus Creed. She entered Bollywood in September 2014 with Sonam Kapoor and Fawad Khan starrer film Khoobsurat with a song titled Preet which was composed by Sneha Khanwalkar and penned by Amitabh Verma.
Jasleen Kaur Royal
Composer, Singer, Songwriter, Instrumentalist, Lyricist
Indie-Rock, Indie, Pop, Romantic
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Harmonica, Tambourine
Her music has been released via various record labels such as Artistaloud, Zee Music Company, T-Series etc.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jasleen Royal was born on the 8th of July 1991, in Ludhiana, Punjab, India.
She is currently 28 years old.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Kaur completed her schooling from Sacred Heart Convent School, Ludhiana and later moved to New Delhi for further studies. She completed her B. Com Honors from Hindu College, New Delhi.
- Father – Mohinder Bittu Royal (Entrepreneur)
- Mother – Bably Kaur
- Siblings – Japji Singh (Older Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jasleen Royal has dated –
Jasleen has largely opted to keep her personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.60 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-34
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
Dark Brown (Natural)
Her dress size is 5 (US).
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Lending her skills as a musician to the release of several hit songs like Nachde Ne Saare, Din Shagna Da, Laaj Sharam, Kho Gaye Hum Kahan, Love You Zindagi etc.
In 2013, Jasleen released her debut single titled Panchi Hojavan. She received several awards for the song.
In 2019, She made her theatrical film debut as Juhu in Gully Boy.
Jasleen has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Jasleen Royal Favorite
Her favorite things are unknown.
Jasleen Royal Net worth
Jasleen Royal has an estimated net worth of $0.4 million dollars as of 2019. She lives in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jasleen Royal
- Her musical career began at the age of 5 with her determination to learn an incomplete melody that her brother was teaching her on the keyboard. By the age of 16, she had self-trained herself in the guitar as well as the harmonica.
- She is a self-taught musician. She didn’t take proper training in music, however, she taught herself to play instruments like guitar, harmonica and piano.
- Jasleen gained immense popularity when she participated in the first season of India’s Got Talent. She was selected as one of the semi-finalists but failed to go beyond that. However, she won the likes of millions of people.
- She sings songs in different languages like Hindi, Punjabi and English.
- She is very close to her dog named Kobe.
- In 2009, she participated in the reality show India’s Got Talent Season 1.
- Jasleen has performed on NDTV Our Girls, Our Pride along with Swanand Kirkire hosted by Priyanka Chopra.
- In 2013, Jasleen’s song Panchi Hojavan (2012) earned her the Best Indie Song award at the MTV Video Music Awards. Later, she also received the award for Best Indie Artist at Songdew’s Free The Music.
- In 2014, she performed at the L’Oréal Paris Miss Femina Awards.
- She made her singing debut in 2013 with the song Panchi Hojavan for which she received the Best Indie Song award at the MTV Video Music Awards India.
- In 2018, she featured in the editorial pages of Elle.