Janhvi Kapoor is a rising Indian actress and model who gained fame at her early age for being the daughter of producer Boney Kapoor and late Sridevi. She made her Bollywood debut with Shashank Khaitan’s romantic outing “Dhadak” opposite Ishaan Khatter. She has earned a huge fan base on social media and managed to amass over $4 million loves on Instagram.
Actress, Model, Instagram Star
Birthday / Date of Birth
Janhvi Kapoor was born on March 6, 1997, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
She’s currently 22 years old.
Janhvi Kapoor went to the Dhirubhai Ambani International School in Mumbai. To hone her acting skills, she got enrolled at The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute in Los Angeles.
- Father – Boney Kapoor (Film Producer)
- Mother – Sridevi (Actress, Film Producer) (Died in February 2018)
- Siblings – Khushi Kapoor (Younger Sister), Anshula Kapoor (Older Paternal Half-Sister), Arjun Kapoor (Older Paternal Half-Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Surinder Kapoor (Paternal Grandfather) (Producer), Anil Kapoor (Paternal Uncle) (Actor, Producer), Sanjay Kapoor (Paternal Uncle) (Actor, Producer), Sonam Kapoor (Paternal Cousin) (Actress), Rhea Kapoor (Paternal Cousin) (Film Producer), Harshvardhan Kapoor (Paternal Cousin) (Actor), Ayyapan (Maternal Grandfather), Rajeswari (Maternal Grandmother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Janhvi Kapoor has dated –
- Shikhar Pahariya (2016) – In the last months of 2016, Janhvi Kapoor was reported to be going out with Shikhar Pahariya. They had been spotted getting cozy on a couple of occasions. In November, they made their first public appearance together at Shah Rukh Khan‘s Dear Zindagi screening.
- Akshat Rajan (2016-2017) – Towards the end of 2017, Janhvi was reported to be dating Akshat Rajan, who happened to be a close friend of hers. They had been spotted together at a number of family events organized by Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ishaan Khattar (2017) – In the early months of 2017, Janhvi was linked with Ishaan Khatter, the younger brother of actor Shahid Kapoor. They had been spotted together at many parties and public events, including the screening of Baywatch. In May 2017, Ishaan had reportedly ended their relationship with his brother’s advice. However, they were still spotted together even after the breakup rumors.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 52 kg
- In Pounds – 115 lbs
- Measurements – 33-24-34
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Being the daughter of Boney Kapoor and Sridevi. She has more than 4 million followers on Instagram.
Janhvi Kapoor made her theatrical film debut as the female lead in the 2018 drama film Dhadak, opposite Ishaan Khattar.
In 2018, she made a gust appearance in the reality show, Dance Deewane.
Janhvi Kapoor hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
In August 2016, intimate photographs of Jhanvi and her boyfriend Akshat Rajan were leaked online. The duo was seen locking lips in one of the two photographs.
Janhvi Kapoor Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Salman Khan, Shahid Kapoor, Dilip Kumar
- Favorite Actresses – Kareena Kapoor, Madhubala, Nutan, Waheeda Rehman
- Favorite Film – Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam
- Favorite Fashion Designer – Manish Malhotra
- Favorite Food – Mutton, Rajasthani Cuisines, Italian Dishes
Janhvi Kapoor Net worth
Her net worth is not known at this time.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – janhvikapoor
Some Lesser Known Facts About Janhvi Kapoor
- The actual spelling of her name is “Janhvi,” but since the name “Jhanvi” trended first, it spread over the internet.
- Her name Jhanvi was given to her after the character of Urmila Matondkar as Jhanvi in the film- Judaai; as Sridevi was pregnant and shared a great bond with Urmila at that time.
- Jhanvi, along with Shah Rukh Khan‘s son, Aryan Khan, received the training in acting from a renowned film institute in the USA named ‘The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute’. Notably, Ranbir Kapoor had also undergone a training from the same institute.
- In 2015, Jhanvi was offered a role opposite Telugu superstar Mahesh Babu, but she declined it due to a large age gap with Mahesh.
- Her mother was never happy with Jhanvi’s decision to join Bollywood, instead, she wanted Jhanvi to get married and settle down.
- She is very fond of getting clicked and loves sharing her pictures with her fans.
- Her zeal towards acting and film industry even convinced her mother to support her in her decision.
- In 2017, it was rumored that she was offered a role opposite legendary Mahesh Babu but she decided to turn the opportunity down.
- In 2018, she made a headstart to her career with her Bollywood debut in Karan Johar‘s ‘Dhadak’, alongside Shahid Kapoor’s brother Ishaan Khattar.
- Jhanvi was about to debut in Karan’s Student of The Year 2 earlier, but the film got postponed and he decided to launch her first in Dhadak.
- Jhanvi also told that her parents have supported her a lot in her journey of learning acting.
- She was the first choice for the film ‘Simmba’ opposite Ranveer Singh, but she declined the offer, as she was quite nervous about acting with such a big star.
- Janhvi Kapoor deleted all the photos of her on Instagram before she made it public. Her account remained private for all the time until a few months ago.