Isla Fisher is an Australian actress, voice actress and author. After appearing in television commercials at a young age Fisher came to prominence for her portrayal of Shannon Reed on the soap opera Home and Away from 1994 to 1997, garnering two Logie Award nominations. Fisher has authored two Young Adult novels and the Marge in Charge book series.
Isla Lang Fisher
Birthday / Date of Birth
Isla Fisher was born on February 03, 1976, in Muscat, Oman.
She’s currently 43 years old.
She is Jewish, but to marry Sacha Baron Cohen, she converted to Judaism.
Isla attended Methodist Ladies’ College in Perth, Western Australia and later went to Walliston Primary School.
- Father – Brian Fisher (Banker for the United Nations)
- Mother – Elspeth Reid (Romance Novelist)
- Siblings – She has 4 brothers
- Others – Erran Baron Cohen (Sister-in-law)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Isla Fisher has dated –
- Shane Ammann (1994-1995) – Isla dated fellow actor Shane Ammann (who is 4 years younger than her) from 1994 to 1995. They acted together in Paradise Beach in 1993 and then in Home and Away from 1994 to 1997.
- Darren Day (1998-2000) – Isla and English actor, Darren Day then dated together from 1998 to 2000.
- Sacha Baron Cohen (2002-Present) – In 2002, Fisher met English comedian Sacha Baron Cohen during a party in Sydney, Australia. After dating for more than a year, the duo engaged in 2004 and married on March 15, 2010 in Paris, France. The couple has three childrens together – Olive (born – October 17, 2007) Elula Lottie Miriam (born – August 1, 2010) and then a son named Montgomery, born in 2015.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters -1.6 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
In 2019, she dyed her hair to ‘blonde’ color.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Playing Henley Reeves in the film Now You See Me. She is also known for playing Shannon Reed in the TV series Home and Away from 1994 to 1997.
In 1997, Isla appeared in a short film Bum Magnet where she played the role as Emma.
In 1993, Fisher appeared in a television series Bay Cove for her role as Vanessa Walker.
She has appeared in a number of commercials. Isla started appearing in commercials from the age of nine.
Awards & Nominations
|MTV Movie Awards||Best Breakthrough Performance||Wedding Crashers||Won|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Breakout (Female)||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Hissy Fit||Nominated|
|2008||Elle Women in Hollywood Awards||Icon Award||N/A||Won|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie Actress: Comedy||Confessions of a Shopaholic||Nominated|
|2012||Alliance of Women Film Journalists||Best Animated Female||Rango||Won|
|Alliance of Women Film Journalists||Best Animated Female||Rise of the Guardians||Nominated|
|2014||AACTA Awards||Best Supporting Actress||The Great Gatsby||Nominated|
|Australian Film Critics Association||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|Film Critics Circle of Australia Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|Jupiter Award||Best International Actress||Nominated|
|Screen Actors Guild Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series||Arrested Development||Nominated|
|AACTA Awards||Trailblazer Award||N/A||Won|
Isla Fisher Favorites
- Favorite Actress – Jennifer Lawrence
- Favorite Shoes – Dior
- Favorite Bag – Red Ferragamo, Gucci
- Favorite Color – Blue
Isla Fisher Net worth
Isla Fisher has an estimated net worth of $25 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – islafisher
Some Lesser Known Facts About Isla Fisher
- Fisher relocated to Perth, Western Australia at the age of six.
- As her mom is a novelist, Isla also published two novels at the age of 18 (with the help of her mother) titled Bewitched and Seduced by Fame. Both of the novels turned bestsellers.
- She is good friends with Naomi Watts.
- Most of the people speak her first name wrong, which is pronounced as “Eye-Lah”.
- Her upbringing was really great and very outdoorsy. She feels herself as “very Australian”.
- In 2014 and 2015, Fisher donated her signed shoes for Small Steps Project Celebrity Shoe Auction.
- In December 2015, Fisher and her husband Baron Cohen donated £335,000 (US$500,000) to Save the Children as part of a program to vaccinate children in Northern Syria against measles, and the same amount to the International Rescue Committee also aimed at helping Syrian refugees.