Emily Browning is an Australian actress and singer. Browning made her film debut in the Australian television film The Echo of Thunder subsequently, she played roles in the Australian television shows High Flyers, Blue Heelers and Something in the Air. In 2005, Browning won the Australian Film Institute International Award for Best Actress for her portrayal of Violet Baudelaire in the film Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events.
Emily Jane Browning
Synthpop, New Wave
Birthday / Date of Birth
Emily Browning was born on 7 December 1988, in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
She’s currently 30 years old.
She attended Eltham High School in Victoria, Australia. In November 2006, she received her Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE).
- Father – Andrew Browning
- Mother – Shelley Browning
- Siblings – Nicholas Browning (Younger Brother), Matthew Browning (Younger Brother)
She is signed to Catherine Poulton Management.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emily Browning has dated –
- Max Turner (2007-2010) – Emily dated Max Turner for a couple of years from 2007 until January 2010.
- Max Irons (2011-2012) – British actor Max Irons dated Browning from early 2011 until July 2012. She started her relationship with Max in May 2011 after meeting him in Los Angeles, USA.
- Xavier Samuel (2012-2015) – Her 2013 erotic thriller film Plush‘s co-star, Xavier Samuel started dating Emily in 2012. They met for the first time during the set of the movie Plush in 2012 and started dating eventually. They split in 2015 after dating for three years.
- In feet – 5 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 157 cm
- In meters – 1.57 m
- In Kilograms – 51 kg
- In Pounds – 112 lbs
- Measurements – 33-24-34
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 6 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 2 (US).
Appearing in 2004 film Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events as Violet Baudelaire, as Babydoll in 2011 film S*cker Punch, as Katie Harwood in 2002 film Ghost Ship.
She debuted with 1998 Australian family drama television movie The Echo of Thunder where she played Opal Ritchie. The movie is based on the novel Thunderwith.
She had appeared in 1999 in Australian children’s television series Thunderstone, in which Emily portrayed the role as Cleo. The series was only broadcasted for 1 season containing 52 episodes.
Browning had sung various songs for her movies S*cker Punch (2011) and Plush (2013). In 2011, she sang a slower cover version of the song Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) which was originally released in 1983 by former British duo Eurythmics.
Emily has not endorsed any of the brands.
Awards & Nominations
|2002||Australian Film Institute||Young Actor’s Award||Halifax f.p.||Won|
|2005||International Award for Best Actress||Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events||Won|
|BFCA Awards||Best Young Actress||Nominated|
|Young Artist Awards||Best Performance in a Feature Film, Leading Young Actress||Nominated|
|2011||Hamptons International Film Festival||Breakthrough Performer||Sleeping Beauty||Won|
Emily Browning Favorites
Her favorite things are unknown.
Emily Browning Net worth
Browning has a net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – emilyjanebrowning
Some Lesser Known Facts About Emily Browning
- She discovered her love for acting when she appeared in a school play at the age of 8.
- She has two pets, a dog named Roxy and a cat named, Jasper.
- Emily is close friends with Australian filmmaker Guy Franklin.
- In 2006, Browning appeared in the music video for Evermore’s “Light Surrounding You”. In the behind the scenes video for the clip, the band stated, “We suck as actors, so we decided to get Emily”.
- She was the festival ambassador for the L’Oreal Fashion Festival held on February 1, 2007.
- Emily plays Laura Moon, Essie MacGowan in the fantasy television series American Gods.
- In 2010, she was ranked #28 in “The Annual Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Famous Faces From Around the World”.
- In 2011, Emily ranked #90 in FHM Australia list of “100 Sexiest Women in the World”.
- She dyed her hair platinum blonde and got weight, combat and weapons training for months for her role in the film Sucker Punch (2011).
- In 2011, she was named at no.4 in the Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Faces.
- In 2012, she replaced English actress Ophelia Lovibond as the female lead in the film Summer in February.
- In 2015, Browning starred in the biopic crime thriller movie Legend, alongside Tom Hardy, who portrayed twin brothers and infamous 1960s London gangsters Reggie and Ronnie Kray.