Gervonta Davis is an American professional boxer. In 2017, Davis has held multiple world championships in three weight classes, including the WBA (Regular) lightweight title since 2019; the IBF super featherweight title; the WBA (Super) super featherweight title twice between 2018 and 2021; and the WBA (Regular) super lightweight in 2021. In June 2022, Davis is ranked as world’s tenth best active boxer, pound for pound, by the Boxing Writers Association of America. Gervonta is also ranked as the world’s best active lightweight by BoxRec, third by ESPN, and Fifth by the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board, and The Ring magazine.
Gervonta B. Davis
Birthday / Date of Birth
Gervonta Davis was born on the 7th of November 1994, in Baltimore, Maryland, United States.
He is currently 27 years old.
He is of African-American descent
Gervonta had attended the Digital Harbor High School, a local magnet school, in his hometown of Baltimore. He had dropped out to focus on his boxing career and had later earned his secondary degree through a GED (General Educational Development) program.
- Father – Garrin Davis
- Mother – Kenya Brown
- Siblings – Demetris Fenwick (Brother)
Girlfriends / Spouse
Gervonta Davis has dated –
- Vanessa Posso (2020-Present) – Davis is dating Vanessa Posso. Posso is an Instagram model, influencer, and businesswoman. She also is the creator of the jewelry store, ‘Its Rich Girlz’.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.70 meters
- In Kilograms – 61 kg
- In Pounds – 134.5 lbs
He wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Gervonta is famous as a professional boxer and he has got fame for holding multiple world championships in 3 weight classes – the WBA (World Boxing Association) (Regular) lightweight title since 2019 (as of December 2021); the WBA (Regular) super lightweight title since June 2021 (as of December 2021); the IBF (International Boxing Federation) super featherweight title in 2017; and the WBA (Super) super featherweight title twice between 2018 and August 2021.
Davis has done advertisement work for Under Armour.
Gervonta Davis Net worth
Gervonta Davis has an estimated net worth of $4 million dollars as of 2022.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gervonta Davis
- Davis has been training at Upton Boxing Center since he was five years old.
- Davis is trained by Calvin Ford who was the inspiration for the character Dennis “Cutty” Wise on the hit HBO television series, The Wire.
- Davis had a very successful amateur career, winning many national championships. He won the 2012 National Golden Gloves Championship, three straight National Silver Gloves Championships from 2006 to 2008, two National Junior Olympics gold medals, two National Police Athletic League Championships, and two Ringside World Championships, among others. Davis finished his illustrious amateur career with an impressive record of 206–15.
- His favorite singer is Taylor Swift.
- On February 22, 2013, Davis made his debut at the age of 18 against Desi Williams, who had a professional record of no wins and 4 losses, all by stoppage. The fight took place at the D.C. Armory in Washington on the undercard of IBF junior welterweight fight between Lamont Peterson and Kendall Holt.
- Davis won the bout via first-round knockout (KO).
- In August 2014, Davis had recorded 8 wins and no losses, with all wins coming inside the distance. Davis was taken the six-round distance for the first time in October 2014 against veteran 28 year old German Meraz (47–31–1, 25 KOs). Davis knocked Meraz down in rounds three and five, and went on to win a unanimous decision (UD), winning all three judges scoring the bout 60–52.
- On February 20, 2015 at the CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Davis became the first person to stop Israel Suarez (4–4–2, 1 KO), winning in devastating fashion with a first-round KO.
- On April 1, 2016 at the D.C. Armory on Spike TV, Davis defeated Guillermo Avila (16–5, 13 KOs) by KO in the sixth round.
- In September 2018, he had been arrested in Washington, D.C. after he had started a fistfight with another man. The local police had stated that someone had tried to break up the fight after which both belligerents had tried to flee the scene before the police had arrived.
- In December 2019, Gervonta defeated Yuriorkis Gamboa with a TKO in the final round.
- In March 2021, Davis had been indicted on 14 counts after he had allegedly crossed a red light in downtown Baltimore. His Lamborghini SUV had then struck another car due to which 4 occupants of that car had to be admitted to the hospital. He had reportedly fled the scene in another car that had arrived there a few minutes later. The incident was headed for a jury trial in March 2022. A conviction on all counts could land him in prison for 7 years.